Fandoms quotes

• I wrote so much about fandom and participation for NPR that I eventually realized my most fertile way of participating in music is to actually play it, at least in a way that made the most sense to me.
    -- Carrie Brownstein

#Play #Npr #Fandoms

• Fandom can keep something alive, and fandom can take it down.
    -- Christopher Heyerdahl

#Alive #Fandoms

• Remove every barrier you can to fandom. A fan will be an evangelist for your work.
    -- Dave Kellett

#Fans #Fandoms #Barriers

• I think Hollywood has seen what fandom can do for a project. You can definitely see that when you go to Comic-con.
    -- Felicia Day

#Thinking #Hollywood #Fandoms

• My goal with every show we put on Geek & Sundry is to make it that big of a success, not just within the video but within fandom itself.
    -- Felicia Day

#Goal #Video #Fandoms

• Fandom is about fandom, it's a great big social club.
    -- Greg Egan

#Fandoms #Clubs #Social

• Pop culture has entered into a nostalgic malaise. Online culture is dominated by trivial mashups of the culture that existed before the onset of mashups, and by fandom responding to the dwindling outposts of centralized mass media. It is a culture of reaction without action.
    -- Jaron Lanier

#Media #Culture #Fandoms

• Lord Of The Rings' fandom was massive, worldwide, entrenched. Generally it had been part of the fans' life all their life, because they had it read to them as children; they'd become Tolkien students.
    -- John Noble

#Children #Fans #Fandoms

• I will openly admit that I've never really followed hockey. Given my New England upbringing, I have always adhered to the Celtics, Patriots, Red Sox, Bruins mantra of professional sports fandom, but hockey was definitely the lowest sport on the totem pole - even when the Bruins won the Stanley Cup.
    -- Rachel Nichols

#Sports #Hockey #Fandoms

• When you're too mad and too rattled to see straight, you're bound to make mistakes. You can't go on and on for years being miserable about a situation and not have it change you. You get so you can't stand yourself.

• A whole population of strangers inhabited and shaped that little body, lived in that mind and controlled its wishes, dictated its thoughts...The name was an abstraction, a title arbitrarily given, like "France" or "England," to a collection, never long the same, of many individuals who were born, lived, and died within him, as the inhabitants of a country appear and disappear, but keep alive in their passage the identity of the nation to which they belong.

• I do sport at the gym a few times a week, but I hate it. Work is my only remedy. I feel so twisted and horrible in the morning, but then I go to the office and I start feeling better. Work is my Tylenol. Extra-strength.

• Another roof, another proof.

• There's a lot of unrest. There are a lot of people who are unhappy. I don't want to say I'm their hero, but a lot of people have said that... It's like this in every job, I think. There's certain people who are afforded privileges and maybe, maybe don't deserve them.

• The success of one market model cannot be migrated to another. Ignoring Macau's special characteristics and duplicating a Las Vegas or an Atlantic City would not be a successful strategy.

• The nature of love is to kill for it, or to die.

• Since Pawlow [Pavlov] and his pupils have succeeded in causing the secretion of saliva in the dog by means of optic and acoustic signals, it no longer seems strange to us that what the philosopher terms an 'idea' is a process which can cause chemical changes in the body.

• I never underestimated myself. And I never saw anything wrong with ambition.

• When you build bridges you can keep crossing them.