Vectors quotes

• The radius vector describes equal areas in equal times.
    -- Johannes Kepler

#Vectors #Equal

• Happiness is not a state of being. Happiness is a vector, it is movement.
    -- Neal Shusterman

#Vectors #Movement #States

• I always loved both 'Breakout' and 'Asteroids' - I thought they were really good games. There was another game called 'Tempest' that I thought was really cool, and it represented a really hard technology. It's probably one of the only colour-vector screens that was used in the computer graphics field at that time.
    -- Nolan Bushnell

#Technology #Games #Vectors

• Come, every frustum longs to be a cone, And every vector dreams of matrices. Hark to the gentle gradient of the breeze: It whispers of a more ergodic zone.
    -- Stanislaw Lem

#Dream #Humorous #Vectors

• The assumption that the square of a unit vector is positive unity leads to an algebra whose characteristic quantities are non-associative.
    -- Cargill Gilston Knott

#Squares #Unity #Vectors

• Evolution, of course, is not something that simply applies to life here on earth; it applies to the whole universe.

• If someone should ask me, 'What does the soul do?' I would say, It does two things. It loves. And it creates. Those are its primary acts.

• I think that a lot of us, whether we are religious or not - there are no words to express some things except religious words. For instance, 'soul.'

• You can only be great at the big things by being great at the little things. Do something little with greatness today.

• You can only confiscate the wealth that exists at a given moment. You cannot confiscate future wealth - and that future wealth is less likely to be produced when people see that it is going to be confiscated.

• There is no composing draught like the draught through the tube of a pipe.

• A door opens to me. I go in and am faced with a hundred closed doors.

• For better or worse, I seem to gravitate toward writing about something or someone else, then have my own self shove its way into that story. It seems insanely narcissistic. But I also think there's a particular effect that comes from using my autobiography in service to another story, as opposed to being the subject. I'm much more comfortable working in that mode. And I do think I have a persona or mood that I keep coming back to: self-conscious, self-critical, unsure. I write a lot about bodies, particularly male ones, usually as a point of emphasis for my insecurities about my own.

• The bigger the trophy, the more trivial the contest.

• All the freaky people make the beauty of the world.