Dukes quotes

• I feel very competitive with Robert Morse off-set. We often duke it out. He always wins.
    -- Aaron Staton

#Winning #Dukes #Feels

• It's a spirit that was given me and the relationships and meeting all these great people, Duke Ellington, Louis Armstrong; through Max I met a lot of people too. My first album was with Benny Carter.
    -- Abbey Lincoln

#People #Firsts #Dukes

• Down with Dukes of Hazzard!
    -- Alec Baldwin

#Dukes #Dukes Of Hazzard

• I was sick of the way my lyrics had been extrapolated, their meanings subverted into polemics and that I had been anointed as the Big Bubba of Rebellion, High Priest of Protest, the Duke of Disobedience, Leader of the Freeloaders, Kaiser of Apostasy, Archbishop of Anarchy, the Big Cheese. Horrible titles any way you want to look at it. All code words for Outlaw.
    -- Bob Dylan

#Sick #Leader #Dukes

• The Duke [John Wayne] was a massive figure. He looked like a heavy piece of hauled lumber, and it didn't seem like any man could stand shoulder to shoulder with him.
    -- Bob Dylan

#Men #Pieces #Dukes

• The duke sounded like he was trying to convince himself. “Have you ever done this before?” “Set up someone by pretending to be someone else? Sure. Pretended to get killed? Not so much.
    -- Brent Weeks

#Trying #Done #Dukes

• I keep reverting (to Duke Ellington), he to me is the greatest ever and my favorite jazz philosopher, as such.
    -- Cannonball Adderley

#Dukes #Jazz #Philosopher

• Everyone marries the Duke of Westminster. There are a lot of duchesses, but only one Coco Chanel.
    -- Coco Chanel

#Dukes #Duchess

• I also was a huge 'Dukes of Hazzard' fan. I used to have T-shirts that said 'Dierks of Hazzard' custom-made.
    -- Dierks Bentley

#Fans #Dukes #T Shirt

• The reason he [Duke Kahanamouku] didn't like me was that I liked him too much.
    -- Dorian "Doc" Paskowitz

#Surfing #Too Much #Dukes

• The only place where David Duke and I are alike is we are both wizards under the sheets.
    -- Edwin Edwards

#Wizards #Dukes #Sheets

• I'm the Duke of Riverside. I build things here and pretty much keep the peace, and discourage certain behaviors. If you think all that has been achieved through entirely civil and lawful means, you've had your head in a bucket.
    -- Ellen Kushner

#Mean #Thinking #Dukes

• What kind of crops do they raise in the towns? Only Grand Dukes, Bolsheviks and drunkards!
    -- Ernest Poole

#Towns #Dukes #Kind

• A friend of mine jokes that I have a painstaking royalty complex. Like maybe I was a duke in a past life.
    -- Frank Ocean

#Past #Dukes #Royalty

• To get elected as a Democrat, it`s hard to be from the city. It`s hard to be a graduate of Duke University.
    -- Howard Fineman

#Cities #Dukes #Graduates

• The Duke of Edinburgh has perfected the art of saying hello and goodbye in the same handshake.
    -- Jennie Bond

#Goodbye #Art #Dukes

• The guy you see on the screen isn’t really me. I’m Duke Morrison, and I never was and never will be a film personality like JOHN WAYNE . I know him well. I’m one of his closest students. I have to be. I made a living out of him.
    -- John Wayne

#Personality #Guy #Dukes

• To this day, The Duke and I remains particularly close to my heart; I felt it was the novel in which my writing took a huge leap forward.
    -- Julia Quinn

#Writing #Heart #Dukes

• Duke Ellington was famous for hs very original harmonic patterns.
    -- Lawrence Welk

#Patterns #Dukes

• Don't cry pretty girl. Who you are is why you're so good at everything. You won't let yourself be otherwise. And thats what fascinates me." Duke- Lament
    -- Maggie Stiefvater

#Girl #Dukes #Cry

• I do very few standards. Hardly any. Other people's tunes that I do are usually obscure tunes, for the most part, although I do a couple of Duke Ellington tunes that are well known.
    -- Mose Allison

#Couple #People #Dukes

• If I were to put on Barbra Streisand and Duke Ellington, one might say the combination isn't good.
    -- Norman Granz

#Dukes #Might #Combination

• Perhaps you'd care for a synonym bun," suggested the duke.
    -- Norton Juster

#Dukes #Buns #Care

• Oh dear, all those words again," thought Milo as he climbed into the wagon with Tock and the cabinet members. "How are you going to make it move? It doesn't have a--" "Be very quiet," advised the duke, "for it goes without saying.
    -- Norton Juster

#Moving #Cabinets #Dukes

• They don't hang dukes, darling. He'd be let off by reason of insanity. Everyone knows the upper classes are batty.
    -- Rhys Bowen

#Upper Class #Insanity #Dukes

• The Duke of Clarence . . . a prisoner in the Tower, was secretly put to death and drowned in a barrel of Malmesey wine.
    -- Robert Fabyan

#Wine #Dukes #Towers

• When I got through, Duke Ellington stood up and started the applause.
    -- Ruth Brown

#Dukes #Applause #Stood Up

• I would watch 'The Dukes of Hazzard' on loop. At one point I had 30 televisions in my bedroom and I would watch it over and over.
    -- Sean William Scott

#Dukes #Watches #Television

• I heard Sidney Bechet play a Duke Ellington piece and fell in love with the soprano saxophone.
    -- Steve Lacy

#Play #Saxophone #Dukes

• You mean to say he became mad deliberately?' ...Nothing is more likely,' said the duke.
    -- Susanna Clarke

#Mean #Mad #Dukes

• The duke had a mind that ticked like a clock and, like a clock, it regularly went cuckoo.
    -- Terry Pratchett

#Mind #Dukes #Cuckoos

• My teachers are Duke Ellington and nature.
    -- Toru Takemitsu

#Inspirational #Teacher #Dukes

• Jessica's Daisy Dukes are even shorter than Catherine Bach's, which I honestly didn't think was possible.
    -- Jay Chandrasekhar

#Thinking #Dukes #Daisies

• I don't see myself as legendary. If you want a legend, talk about someone like Duke Kahanamoku.
    -- Dorian "Doc" Paskowitz

#Want #Legends #Dukes

• You always come back to Duke Ellington - he's kind of like the thread that holds everything together from the big band descending to lots of jazz, actually.
    -- Herbert

#Together #Band #Dukes

• It's been a lifetime of trying to have less beef. Beef comes very naturally to me. I was born with my dukes up, but that's not always necessary anymore. I have to retrain myself.
    -- Kelly Reichardt

#Trying #Beef #Dukes