Pudding quotes

• Live like yourself, was soon my lady's word, And lo! two puddings smok'd upon the board.
    -- Alexander Pope

#Two #Pudding #Boards

• If you do your fair day's work, you are certain to get your fair day's wage - in praise or pudding, whichever happens to suit your taste.
    -- Alexander Smith

#Pudding #Taste #Suits

• Your face makes my soul want to eat chocolate pudding!...
    -- Andy Milonakis

#Soul #Chocolate #Pudding

• I fear that we shall be obliged to leave this pudding
    -- Beatrix Potter

#Pudding

• And roast beef and Yorkshire pudding is my personal signature dish.
    -- Ben Elton

#Signatures #Pudding #Beef

• I'm just dandy, I got a bowl of chocolate pudding in my underpants
    -- Chris Farley

#Chocolate #Pudding #Underpants

• In moments of considerable strain, I tend to take to bread-and-butter pudding. There is something about the blandness of soggy bread, the crispness of the golden outer crust and the unadulterated pleasure of a lightly set custard that makes the world seem a better place to live.
    -- Clement Freud

#Pudding #World #Golden

• A bowl of pudding only has taste when I put it in my mouth - when it is in contact with my tongue. It doesn't have taste or flavor sitting in my fridge, only the potential.
    -- Daniel Levitin

#Pudding #Sitting #Flavor

• He took the Who’s feast, he took the Who pudding, he took the roast beast. He cleaned out that ice box as quick as a flash. Why, the Grinch even took their last can of Who hash.
    -- Dr. Seuss

#Christmas #Ice #Pudding

• Truth is a pursuit, it's a quest. And proof is certainly in the pudding in this particular instance, because the film, and the evidence accumulated in making the film, led to this man's release from prison. And that's hardly ever happened, if it's happened at all, in any other film that I can think of.
    -- Errol Morris

#Men #Thinking #Pudding

• It is a rich storehouse for those who love quotations. It is as full of fine bon mots as a Christmas pudding is full of plums.
    -- Fitz-Greene Halleck

#Pudding #Plums #Rich

• If you could make a pudding wi' thinking o' the batter, it 'ud be easy getting dinner.
    -- George Eliot

#Thinking #Pudding #Dinner

• The cookbook gives a detailed description of ingredients and procedures but no proofs for its prescriptions or reasons for its recipes; the proof of the pudding is in the eating. ... Mathematics cannot be tested in exactly the same manner as a pudding; if all sorts of reasoning are debarred, a course of calculus may easily become an incoherent inventory of indigestible information.
    -- George Polya

#Giving #Pudding #Inventory

• --

• My biggest thing is banana pudding, but it's the devil! So no one is allowed to bring it into my house. Because I can't control myself. So why put it in my domain?
    -- Jennifer Hudson

#House #Devil #Pudding

• My favorite pudding is good old English apple pie.
    -- Jeremy Bulloch

#Apples #Pie #Pudding

• We have instant pudding, instant photos, instant coffee—but there are no instant adults.
    -- Jim Trelease

#Coffee #Adults #Pudding

• I love thee like puddings; if thou wert pie I'd eat thee.
    -- John Ray

#Love Is #Pie #Pudding

• I am not an encore, not a pudding, I am the main dish.
    -- Joseph Roth

#Pudding #Dishes

• As with many other things, there is a surprising amount of prejudice against quality control, but the proof of the pudding is still in the eating.
    -- Kaoru Ishikawa

#Quality #Prejudice #Pudding

• The proof is in the pudding.
    -- Miguel de Cervantes

#Pudding #Proof

• The proof of the pudding is the eating.
    -- Miguel de Cervantes

#Pudding #Eating #Proof

• The first bowl of chocolate pudding was too hot, but Goldilocks ate it all anyway because, hey, it's chocolate pudding, right?
    -- Mo Willems

#Chocolate #Pudding #Hey

• Quotations can be valuable, like raisins in the rice pudding, for adding iron as well as eye appeal.
    -- Peg Bracken

#Eye #Iron #Pudding

• When it's raining pudding, hold up your bowl.
    -- Sandra Dallas

#Rain #Pudding

• Watching the Commons tribute to Margaret Thatcher was like being suffocated inside a gigantic sticky toffee pudding, but one with nasty bogeys planted inside. There was much of the 'Margaret Thatcher who was lucky enough to know me,' especially from her own side of the House.
    -- Simon Hoggart

#House #Pudding #Lucky

• It does not happen all at once. There is no instant pudding.
    -- W. Edwards Deming

#Doe #Pudding #Management

• Life's a pudding full of plums.
    -- W. S. Gilbert

#Life #Pudding #Plums

• All the proof of a pudding is in the eating.
    -- William Camden

#Pudding #Eating #Proof

• Just look at the back of Donald Trump's head, any angle. There's some angles that his chin is just, what do I mean? I mean he's sculpted out of some kind of pudding, I think. It looks like his face is sort of melting slowly. I should talk because my face is melting quickly. He's some kind of bizarre sculpture. There's no one really who looks like that.
    -- Barry Blitt

#Mean #Thinking #Pudding

• Brown for first course, white for pudding. Brown's savoury, white's the treat. Of course I'm the one who's laughing because I actually love brown toast.
    -- Mark Corrigan

#White #Laughing #Pudding

• How can you have any pudding if you don't eat your meat?
    -- Roger Waters

#Meat #Pudding #Dark Sarcasm