Portfolios quotes

• I never really enjoyed getting a portfolio together then sending it out; whereas, putting up the website is quite an enjoyable experience. The net's just a much faster and more modern way to distribute things, and you have to embrace it.
    -- Anton Corbijn

#Together #Way #Portfolios

• The investor with a portfolio of sound stocks should expect their prices to fluctuate and should neither be concerned by sizable declines nor become excited by sizable advances. He should always remember that market quotations are there for his convenience, either to be taken advantage of or to be ignored.
    -- Benjamin Graham

#Taken #Sound #Portfolios

• Do you really like a particular stock? Put 10% or so of your portfolio on it. Make the idea count … Good [investment] ideas should not be diversified away into meaningless oblivion.
    -- Bill Gross

#Ideas #Portfolios #Oblivion

• But to me what seems to be missing in a lot of portfolios is Cartooning.
    -- Craig McCracken

#Missing #Portfolios

• Unbeknownst to most American investors, significant portions of their public pension, mutual fund, life insurance and private portfolios are comprised of stocks of privately held companies that partner with state sponsors of terror.
    -- Frank Gaffney

#Portfolios #Mutual Fund #Significant

• I’m trying to manage myself, not just my portfolio.
    -- Guy Spier

#Trying #Portfolios #Manage

• First, I was Bavarian State Minister of Justice, and after the ministries of justice in the various states were dissolved I became Reich Minister without portfolio.
    -- Hans Frank

#Justice #Firsts #Portfolios

• In choosing a portfolio, investors should seek broad diversification, Further, they should understand that equities--and corporate bonds also--involve risk; that markets inevitably fluctuate; and their portfolio should be such that they are willing to ride out the bad as well as the good times.
    -- Harry Markowitz

#Risk #Portfolios #Good Times

• In a world of businessmen and financial intermediaries who aggressively seek profit, innovators will always outpace regulators; the authorities cannot prevent changes in the structure of portfolios from occurring. What they can do is keep the asset-equity ratio of banks within bounds by setting equity-absorption ratios for various types of assets. If the authorities constrain banks and are aware of the activities of fringe banks and other financial institutions, they are in a better position to attenuate the disruptive expansionary tendencies of our economy.
    -- Hyman Minsky

#World #Ratios #Portfolios

• There's only one thing harder than living in a home with an adolescent - and that's being an adolescent. The moodiness, the volatility, the wholesale lack of impulse control, all would be close to clinical conditions if they occurred at another point in life. In adolescence, they're just part of the behavioral portfolio.
    -- Jeffrey Kluger

#Home #Portfolios #Would Be

• The more confidence I have in each one of my stock picks, the fewer companies I need to own in my portfolio to feel comfortable.
    -- Joel Greenblatt

#Needs #Portfolios #Company

• Having different types of stocks in your portfolio can enhance returns.
    -- Kenneth Fisher

#Different #Return #Portfolios

• Both cheap value stocks and more glamorous growth stocks can work well in a portfolio - if done right.
    -- Kenneth Fisher

#Growth #Done #Portfolios

• Zimbabwe's stock market was the best performer this decade - but your entire portfolio now buys you 3 eggs
    -- Kyle Bass

#Eggs #Zimbabwe #Portfolios

• The free market is at its best when everybody works in a fish bowl and tells you their point of view The hedge funds and portfolio managers have a right to do this We've muted the analysts and their presence in the system.
    -- Mario

#Views #Portfolios #Analysts

• Always keep your portfolio and your risk at your own individual comfortable sleeping point.
    -- Mario

#Sleep #Risk #Portfolios

• As an economics undergraduate, I also worked on a part-time basis in Cambridge, Massachusetts, for a company that was advising customers about portfolio decisions, writing reports.
    -- Merton Miller

#Writing #Decision #Portfolios

• When an investor focuses on short-term investments, he or she is observing the variability of the portfolio, not the returns - in short, being fooled by randomness.
    -- Nassim Nicholas Taleb

#Return #Portfolios #Investing

• In the long run, a portfolio of well chosen stocks and/or equity mutual funds will always outperform a portfolio of bonds or a money-market account. In the long run, a portfolio of poorly chosen stocks won't outperform the money left under the mattress.
    -- Peter Lynch

#Running #Long #Portfolios

• Generally a chef's book is like a calling card or a portfolio to display their personal work.
    -- Sally Schneider

#Book #Calling #Portfolios

• Every portfolio benefits from bonds; they provide a cushion when the stock market hits a rough patch. But avoiding stocks completely could mean your investment won't grow any faster than the rate of inflation.
    -- Suze Orman

#Mean #Benefits #Portfolios

• If you expect to continue to purchase stocks throughout your life, you should welcome price declines as a way to add stocks more cheaply to your portfolio.
    -- Warren Buffett

#Investing #Way #Portfolios

• The greater the potential for reward in the value portfolio, the less risk there is.
    -- Warren Buffett

#Risk #Portfolios #Rewards

• The trick is to take risks and be paid for taking those risks, but to take a diversified basket of risks in a portfolio.
    -- Jeffrey Gundlach

#Risk #Portfolios #Investing

• I did a handful of photo shoots and I never made any money for it just because I was trying to build a portfolio. I decided that that's not what I wanted to do.
    -- Steve Grand

#Trying #Portfolios #Made

• If you own a portfolio of stocks, you must learn to sell the worst performers first and keep the best a little longer.
    -- William O'Neil

#Littles #Firsts #Portfolios

• Long-term investment success is almost totally a function of how one emotionally handles declines in the equity market, as opposed to how one's portfolio handles them.
    -- Nick Murray

#Investment Success #Long #Portfolios

• I'm a kibitzer with a broad portfolio.
    -- David Axelrod

#Portfolios #Broads

• I’m trying to manage myself, not just my portfolio.
    -- Guy Spier

#Trying #Portfolios #Manage

• Gold is no longer an investment. Gold is no longer a portfolio item. Gold is certainly not a trading vehicle. Gold is your lifeline and I mean that literally.
    -- Jim Sinclair

#Mean #Gold #Portfolios