Whirlwind famous quotes

Last updated: Jul 22, 2024

• India, she now knew, would not be content staying in the background, was nobody's wallpaper, insisted in interjecting itself into everyone's life, meddling with it, twisting it, molding it beyond recognition. India, she had found out, was a place of political intrigue and economic corruption, a place occupied by real people with their incessantly human needs, desires, ambitions, and aspirations, and not the exotic, spiritual, mysterious entity that was a creation of the Western imagination.

• I'm straight edge, and that means I'm better than you.

• I am trying to work out what my taste is, comedy-wise. I look up to stand up comedians who appear to be telling the truth, but I don't mind if they are lying.

• Everything was usual. That was depression: being stuck, clinging to an out-of-date version of oneself.

• When a culture of ladies arises, a culture of gentlemen will follow.

• But please, when you see an opportunity…” He presses his hand to my cheek, cold and strong, and tilts my head up so I have to look at him. His eyes glint. They almost look predatory. “Ruin them.

• The difference between fear and panic is knowing what to do. If you have a reliable, effective solution then fear is an asset. You know what to do and fear just makes you do it faster. On the other hand, if you don't know what to do - or don't trust what you know - then you will freeze in terror, because you have no clear goal or way to get there. Fear helps, panic hinders. Fear is your savior, panic your nemesis.

• I will not surrender responsibility for my life and my actions.

• I can fluently speak five languages: English, emoji, sexting, sarcasm and sass.

• Let's make like a hockey player and get the puck out of here.