Joyce famous quotes

Last updated: Jul 22, 2024

• MY INSPIRATION has always been Jeanne Calment, a Frenchwoman who smoked and drank every day and died a few years ago at the age of 122. When asked the secret of her longevity, she replied: 'I laugh a lot.' Well you would, wouldn't you.

• I see a pattern, but my imagination cannot picture the maker of that pattern. I see a clock, but I cannot envision the clockmaker. The human mind is unable to conceive of the four dimensions, so how can it conceive of a God, before whom a thousand years and a thousand dimensions are as one?

• There's a button that goes On and I'm On. And when I go On, there is almost no me; there is just a character who is doing all this.

• When young girls are encouraged to explore what they find interesting, they grow up to be interesting women.

• I am a mortal enemy to arbitrary government and unlimited power. I am naturally very jealous for the rights and liberties of my country, and the least encroachment of those invaluable privileges is apt to make my blood boil.

• Save your rejections so that later when you are famous you can show them to people and laugh.

• The religion of the future will be a cosmic religion. The religion which based on experience, which refuses dogmatic. If there's any religion that would cope the scientific needs it will be Buddhism....

• Maybe Bill Maher should just practice his monologue a few times before the show, so he wouldn't find it so hilarious. But I kid the asshole.

• I am inspired by human sexuality. The act itself is mechanical and holds little interest to me.

• History is one war after another with a bunch of murders and natural disasters in between.