Meltdowns famous quotes

Last updated: Jul 22, 2024

• I am not clear what the U.S. means when they use the term "entity." For us here in Taiwan, we believe that we are a country, a democratic country.

• In my day it was 75 percent car and mechanic, 25 percent driver and luck. Today it's 95 percent car.

• When you're out of quality, you're out of business.

• There are a lot of actors who wish there was a next play, a next musical. As an actor, I guess that's all I can wish for - the next role, the next opportunity.

• North Carolina's approach in crafting its law ensured the creation of the best possible law and, consequently, North Carolina is now the acknowledged leader in addressing predatory lending.

• Silence is no certain token that no secret grief is there;  Sorrow which is never spoken is the heaviest load to bear.

• The FBI, to its credit in a self-serving sort of way, rejects the routine use of the polygraph on its own people.

• If the Americans do move the embassy to Jerusalem, and eventually the rest of the world follows suit, it will mark the end of Palestinian hopes for a two-state solution.

• I really enjoyed high-school football, but I didn't really enjoy college football. I liked to play the games, but I didn't like the practice. In baseball, I enjoy the practice almost as much as the games.

• To this principle of vanity, which philosophers call a mean one, and which I do not, I owe a great part of the figure which I have made in life.