Gary famous quotes

Last updated: Jul 22, 2024

• When you're an underdog, you're forced to try things you would never otherwise have attempted.

• As a kid, I never thought I'd be an actress. Never, ever, ever, no way. I was really shy - bordering on social disorder shy - and I was really academic.

• Well, write poetry, for God's sake, it's the only thing that matters.

• I cursed myself not only for forgetting to turn my phone off but for ever thinking that having a rock music ringtone was cool.

• It is bitter to lose a friend to evil before one loses him to death.

• Films that rely on their cast to be funny are often episodic and feel like a series of loosely connected sketches rather than a satisfyingly structured script.

• Once social change begins, it cannot be reversed. You cannot un-educate the person who has learned to read. You cannot humiliate the person who feels pride. You cannot oppress the people who are not afraid anymore. Cesar Chavez Address to the Commonwealth Club in San Francisco, Nov. 9, 1984

• The unions are the first feeble effort to conquer the industrial jungle for democratic life. They may not succeed, but if they don't their failure will be a tragedy for civilization, a loss of cooperative effort, a baulking of energy, and the fixing in American life of a class-structure.

• Grant me thirty years of equal division of inheritances and a free press, and I will provide you with a republic.

• We are living in 1937, and our universities, I suggest, are not half-way out of the fifteenth century. We have made hardly any changes in our conception of university organization, education, graduation, for a century - for several centuries.