Unlovable famous quotes

Last updated: Jul 22, 2024

• We are all children of the same God, and we have to come together to solve our problems and not be fighting so much.

• Ordinary people seem not to realize that those who really apply themselves in the right way to philosophy are directly and of their own accord preparing themselves for dying and death.

• Accentuated plainness and accentuated vice ought to bring about harmony. Beauty lies in harmony, in style, whether it be the harmony of ugliness or beauty, vice or virtue.

• I believe in mysticism, with an interior goal, and you are your own temple and your own priest.

• Victory is produced by and belongs to all.

• Grace doesn't depend on suffering to exist, but where there is suffering you will find grace in many facets and colors.

• I'm completely uninterested in the origins of Stonehenge. I don't care about the real story behind it or whether it should be saved or not. What I'm interested in is this: in the Victorian era, you could go there as an early cultural tourist and you were given a chisel to chip off a bit of the stones and take it with you. That's what you did in Victorian times.

• Men like women who write. Even though they don't say so. A writer is a foreign country.

• False teaching - anything that would weaken the believer's ties to his Lord - must be confronted wherever it appears, even if that confrontation requires painful correction.

• A reformer is one who sets forth cheerfully toward sure defeat.