Jolly famous quotes

Last updated: Jul 22, 2024

• If you got everything you wanted, you wouldn't have everything you need.

• Love does not come and go; we are the ones who come and go.

• You know what is good about these Dixie Chicks burnings or bashings? It's a wonderful, wonderful way for really stupid people to hook up. They meet, they throw some things on the fire, they talk about Vin Diesel, they tell stories about who their favorite Fox anchor is, they exchange phone numbers and in some cases has led to marriages.

• I was a late bloomer. But anyone who blooms at all, ever, is very lucky.

• No one has a right to occupy the privileged position all the time, so it should be contested. It should always be messy in there.

• When I was at school you got an overall general education on many things, even just basic facts.

• In a world of businessmen and financial intermediaries who aggressively seek profit, innovators will always outpace regulators; the authorities cannot prevent changes in the structure of portfolios from occurring. What they can do is keep the asset-equity ratio of banks within bounds by setting equity-absorption ratios for various types of assets. If the authorities constrain banks and are aware of the activities of fringe banks and other financial institutions, they are in a better position to attenuate the disruptive expansionary tendencies of our economy.

• I have done all that I came into this world to do. I have worked task work, and have the rest of the day to myself.

• My hair didn't even move an inch and I was in and out of the water. My hair's windproof, waterproof, soccerproof, motocycleproof. I'm not sure if my hair's bulletproof I'm not willin' to try that.

• I've always looked at shoes as being immensely beautiful things.