Confidence In God famous quotes

Last updated: Jul 22, 2024

• A world is to be fought for, sung, and built: Love must imagine the world.

• Honesty is the rarest wealth anyone can possess, and yet all the honesty in the world ain't lawful tender for a loaf of bread.

• The last level of metaphor in the Alice books is this: that life, viewed rationally and without illusion, appears to be a nonsense tale told by an idiot mathematician. At the heart of things science finds only a mad, never-ending quadrille of Mock Turtle Waves and Gryphon Particles. For a moment the waves and particles dance in grotesque, inconceivably complex patterns capable of reflecting on their own absurdity.

• True genius sees with the eyes of a child and thinks with the brain of a genie

• Every generation revolts against its fathers and makes friends with its grandfathers.

• Why can't we build orphanages next to homes for the elderly? If someone were sitting in a rocker, it wouldn't be long before a kid will be in his lap.

• An orator is the worse person to tell a plain fact.

• The wolf will never lose sleep, worrying about the feelings of sheep. But no-one ever told the sheep, that they outnumber the wolves.

• I've dodged all sorts of bullets in Hollywood to get my movies made. I'm tough.

• My work requires acting at its most committed - it demands actors of enormous resilience, but also intelligence and wit. It doesn't work for narcissistic or selfish actors.