Removal famous quotes

Last updated: Jul 22, 2024

• If any QB can complete passes to himself, it's Johnny Manziel.

• It is impossible to estimate full influence of the reading of the Word in a home day after day and year after year. It filters into the hearts of the young. It is absorbed into their souls. It colors all their thoughts. It is wrought into the very fiber of their minds. It imbues them with its own spirit. It’s holy teachings become the principles of their lives, which rule their conduct and shape all their actions.

• We were not born critical of existing society. There was a moment in our lives (or a month, or a year) when certain facts appeared before us, startled us, and then caused us to question beliefs that were strongly fixed in our consciousness-embedded there by years of family prejudices, orthodox schooling, imbibing of newspapers, radio, and television. This would seem to lead to a simple conclusion: that we all have an enormous responsibility to bring to the attention of others information they do not have, which has the potential of causing them to rethink long-held ideas.

• So many people talk about themselves: "I'm unattractive, my mind's so slow, and I can't do this." And you know what I tell them? "God didn't make a mistake when He made you. You need to see yourself as God sees you."

• The most important sentence in a good book is the first one; it will contain the organic seed from which all that follows will grow.

• I never really looked up to celebrities when I was young.

• I think that in any argument about right or wrong in football, a reference to Don Revie's Leeds United is the nuclear option. There is, quite simply, nowhere to go after that. There has never been a more horrible football team. The Leeds of the Seventies were found guilty, week in, week out, of crimes against humanity.

• Nothing disturbs me more than superficiality and mere sloganizing on matters of public policy, and the suspicion that what the speaker is saying represents the full extent of his knowledge on the subject.

• I'm a reflection of the community.

• Immoderate desire is the mark of a child, not a man.