Sturdy famous quotes

Last updated: Jul 22, 2024

• In the South, you don't say exactly what's going on or what's on your mind.

• The executive branch of this government never has, nor will suffer, while I preside, any improper conduct of its officers to escape with impunity.

• If you really know... what you want and how to get there, then everything else really falls into place.

• Let nothing be said about anyone unless it passes through the three sieves: Is it true? Is it kind? Is it necessary?

• Let me say that I think the economic history of the last 150 years clearly shows that if you want to industrialize a country in a short period, let us say 20 years, and you don't have a well-developed private sector, entrepreneurial class, then central planning is important.

• It means being conscious and aware enough to choose what you pay attention to and to choose how you construct meaning from experience.

• When I was 5 and playing against 11-year-olds, who were bigger, stronger, faster, I just had to figure out a way to play with them.

• Show enough backstory to allow the reader to glean and make assumptions about what remains behind the curtain of time, yet continues to influence the character’s worldview, attitudes, decisions, and actions.

• For a great many people, the evening is the most enjoyable part of the day. Perhaps, then, there is something to his advice that I should cease looking back so much, that I should adopt a more positive outlook and try to make the best of what remains of my day. After all, what can we ever gain in forever looking back and blaming ourselves if our lives have not turned out quite as we might have wished?

• To some degree. I think that I've always been very much of a chordal person. The chords are the foundation of everything. Some of Yes' stuff is very linear, albeit complex, but it's single-line melodic stuff. So I kind of had to wear a different cap working with Yes. It's not so much chord-based.