Macarthur famous quotes

Last updated: Sep 5, 2024

• Griffin Dunne and I were both terrified that Martin Scorsese didn't think we were very good - and if he didn't think we were very good, that was it. That was the end of the line. If Martin Scorsese thinks you stink, you stink.

• Our lives are short and everything sort of regresses to the mean.

• The current health crisis, however, is a little more the work of the evil empire. We were told, we were assured, that the more meat and dairy and poultry we ate, the healthier we'd be

• The key to ending extreme poverty is to enable the poorest of the poor to get their foot on the ladder of development. The ladder of development hovers overhead, and the poorest of the poor are stuck beneath it. They lack the minimum amount of capital necessary to get a foothold, and therefore need a boost up to the first rung.

• Any artist who respects himself ought to be, and in every sense of the term, an emigre.

• Naval Special Warfare is no place for the weak of heart, limb, or liver.

• I think I 'turn off' women. I've a kind of a weird personality. Women may think that I'm a mess.

• Direct religious experience is threatening to organized religion, which often mediates it with a rabbi or priest.

• I don't know if this is a good thing to say, but the musical obsession has almost shifted to a creative obsession now.

• This is a good time to ask apologists for the Islamic regime, who degrades Islam? Who imposes stoning, forced marriage of underage girls and flogging for not wearing the veil? Do such practices represent Iran's ancient history and culture, its ethnic and religious diversity? Its centuries of sensual and subversive poetry?