Tarantino famous quotes

Last updated: Sep 5, 2024

• As a people, our monuments never commemorate victories. They commemorate the names of the fallen. We don't need the Arc de Triomphe; we have Masada, Tel-Hai, and the Warsaw Ghetto - where the battle was lost, but the war of Jewish existence was won.

• I am still mostly a moron, I do get into bad moods, I am not a perfected being.

• Perhaps there is an idea among Japanese students that one general difference between Japanese and Western poetry is that the former cultivates short forms and the latter longer ones, gut this is only in part true.

• Through the clouds of smoke I seemed to see all old Asia before me, and the adventures of past years behind me. A carnival of old camp-scenes danced before my mind’s eye, expiring like shooting-stars in the night—merry songs which came to an end among other mountains and the dying sound of strings and flutes. And I was surprised that I had not had enough of these things and that I was not tired of the light of camp-fires.

• Every scene should be able to answer three questions: "Who wants what from whom? What happens if they don't get it? Why now?

• I think we're at a moment in history where all the rules are out the window; it's not about "Here's a single, and then let it build for a couple of months and then put out an album." Doing a common project Supa Dups we're having fun thinking about how we can improvise and make it fun for people to be fans of the music.

• In real life, you can't get a job as an executive unless you have the educational background and the opportunity. Now the fact that you are not an executive is merely because of the social standing of life... Black people have a hard time getting anywhere. And those that do, are usually straight. In a ballroom, you can be anything you want.

• The Russians love Brooke Shields because her eyebrows remind them of Leonid Brezhnev.

• Education is learning more than it is being taught. It's the chemistry of curiosity exposed to information. In that sense all of life is potentially school. And even I can pass that.

• If I were president? First thing I'd do is take care of the schoolteachers. I'm not saying we should start 'em out with six figures, but in some places they've got to be mother, father, brother, sister, and mentor. They're real important people. Let's give 'em a raise - and attract the best people to the job.