Eggplant quotes

• I'm a vegetarian who doesn't like eggplant parmesan. Isn't that awful? I'm also sick of portobello mushrooms. People are like, 'A vegetarian's coming to dinner,' so they serve those.
    -- Candy Crowley

#Eggplant #Mushrooms #People

• Chicks dig a dude who’s sporting the latest eggplant turtleneck styles.
    -- Jordan Sonnenblick

#Eggplant #Style #Chicks

• When I was alone, I lived on eggplant, the stove top cook's strongest ally....
    -- Laurie Colwin

#Eggplant #Vegetables #Allies

• When I was alone, I lived on eggplant, the stove top cook's strongest ally. I fried it and stewed it, and ate it crisp and sludgy, hot and cold. It was cheap and filling and was delicious in all manner of strange combinations. If any was left over, I ate it cold the next day on bread.
    -- Laurie Colwin

#Eggplant #Allies #Hot

• When you cut that eggplant up and you roast it in the oven and you make the tomato sauce and you put it on top, your soul is in that food, and there's something about that that can never be made by a company that has three million employees.
    -- Mario Batali

#Cutting #Eggplant #Soul

• I doubt that the imagination can be suppressed. If you truly eradicated it in a child, he would grow up to be an eggplant.
    -- Ursula K. Le Guin

#Growing Up #Children #Eggplant

• In the water bucket a melon and an eggplant nodding to each other
    -- Yosa Buson

#Vegetables #Eggplant #Water

• Gleaming skin; a plump elongated shape: the eggplant is a vegetable you'd want to caress with your eyes and fingers, even if you didn't know its luscious flavor.
    -- Roger Verge

#Eye #Eggplant #Vegetables

• How can people say they don't eat eggplant when God loves the color and the French love the name? I don't under'stand.
    -- Jeff Smith

#Food #Godly #Eggplant

• It is through gratitude for the present moment that the spiritual dimension of life opens up.

• We do not have to live in the dark they live in.

• There is more to life than increasing its speed.

• Maintain your relationships - for all kinds of reasons, friends are vital. Good friends, supportive friends, friends who won't judge you or try to take advantage of you.

• The delicate thing about the university is that it has a mixed character, that it is suspended between its position in the eternal world, with all its corruption and evils and cruelties, and the splendid world of our imagination.

• A Canadian psychologist is selling a video that teaches you how to test your dog's IQ. Here's how it works: if you spend $12.99 for the video, your dog is smarter than you.

• I try to make my mood uplifting and peaceful, then watch the world around me reflect that mood.

• If at times my eyes are lenses through which the brain explores constellations of feeling my ears yielding like swinging doors admit princes to the corridors into the mind, do not envy me. I have a beast on my back.

• Life is a struggle and a good spy goes in there and fights.

• If the present Congress errs in too much talking, how can it be otherwise in a body to which the people send one hundred and fifty lawyers, whose trade it is to question everything, yield nothing, and talk by the hour?