Mortification famous quotes

Last updated: Sep 5, 2024

• Everybody's tragedy is somebody's nuisance.

• A whole lot of the way identity politics has gone seems to me to deny empathy.

• We don't become heroes overnight." - One step at a time, eventually discovering we have the strength to stare it down.

• You can teach students to develop the ability to think reflectively, and you can help them understand what this means, but if they are not inclined to do so they never will.

• The longer the trial to which God subjects you, the greater the goodness in comforting you during the time of trial and in the exaltation after the combat.

• Ive been making products for so long, I have a gut feel for what is right - what will work and what wont. I can tell instantly if its a hero or a zero.

• I was a lawyer for 10 years, and several of my clients had the misfortune, through no fault of my own, of going to prison. I visited them occasionally.

• There's a double beauty whenever a swan Swims on a lake with her double thereon.

• It is the storyteller who makes us what we are, who creates history. The storyteller creates the memory that the survivors must have - otherwise their surviving would have no meaning.

• Just let the artist sign an empty canvas or a frame, with the inscription, 'I had such and such a concept in mind' for this work. The artist then need not bother with producing the work, and therefore need not be worried about being dis-satisfied. All he or she needs to do is to sell it to a collector. The collector will have the guarantee that the artist thought about the work, even if momentarily, and therefore be satisfied.