Oil And Water quotes

• Man will never understand woman and vice versa. We are oil and water. An equal level can never be maintained, as one will always excel where the other doesn't, and that breeds resentment.
    -- Dionne Warwick

#Men #Oil And Water #Vices

• Remember always that there are two things which are more utterly incompatible even than oil and water, and these two are trust and worry. Can you call it trust, when you have given the saving and keeping of your soul into the hands of God, if day after day you are spending hours of anxious thought and questionings about the matter? When believers really trust anything, they cease to worry about the thing they have trusted.
    -- Hannah Whitall Smith

#Trust #Oil And Water #Hands

• Love and magic are like oil and water--they just don't mix.
    -- Jasper Fforde

#Oil And Water #Oil #Water

• Some things just aren't meant to go together. Things like oil and water. Orange juice and toothpaste.
    -- Jim Butcher

#Orange #Oil And Water #Together

• Some people are oil and water.
    -- John Christopher

#Oil And Water #Oil #People

• Pritkin and Mircea mixed like oil and water, only not so well.
    -- Karen Chance

#Oil And Water #Oil #Water

• Whenever poetry and politics are mentioned in the same breath, we tend to miss the point entirely - as I often have - and we ask ourselves whether poetry and politics even belong together, because they're often so poorly married that we think of them as oil and water.
    -- Andre Naffis-Sahely

#Thinking #Oil And Water #Missing

• We wish genius and morality where affectionate companions, but it is a fact that they are often bitter enemies. They don't necessarily coalesce any more than oil and water do.
    -- Artemas Ward

#Oil And Water #Enemy #Wish

• In those days, I still thoroughly enjoyed the romance I called "by myself"; I didn't know yet how it gets lonely, picks up a sharp edge later on that ruins a day now and then-- ruins more than that, if you're not careful.

• To accomplish the perfect perfection, a little imperfection helps.

• The feeling one has after coming to know American women is that they are starving at their sources.

• I trip over my legs all the time. I'll wave to somebody, look up, and end up eating pavement.

• in the mind of man, A motion and a spirit, that impels All thinking things, all objects of all thought, And rolls through all things.

• You don’t have to sleep with prostitutes or take drugs in order to have a relationship with organized crime. They affect our bank accounts. They affect our communications, our pension funds. They even affect the food that we eat and our governments.

• Great sorrow or great joy should bring intense hunger--not abstinence from food, as our novelists will have it.

• Your entire universe is in your mind and nowhere else. To expand the universe, expand your mind.

• The fewer the desires, the more peace.

• My parents are the ones who really help me be grounded. I still go to school, I still do fun stuff with my friends; for the most part, I am a normal kid. It just so happens that I do some acting too!