Kenya quotes

• I grew up in Somalia, in Saudi Arabia, in Ethiopia, and in Kenya. I came to Europe in 1992, when I was 22, and became a member of Parliament in Holland.
    -- Ayaan Hirsi Ali

#Europe #Arabia #Kenya

• In 1985 as a teenager in Kenya, I was an adamant member of the Muslim Brotherhood.
    -- Ayaan Hirsi Ali

#Teenager #Brotherhood #Kenya

• If I did not love America, I wouldn't have moved here from Kenya.
    -- Barack Obama

#America #Kenya #Moved

• Stylistically speaking, Barack Obama could hardly be further from Jimmy Carter if he really had been born in Kenya.
    -- Eric Alterman

#Kenya #Born #Carter

• Acumen Fund's patient capital investment in Western Seed is intended to enhance the food security and economic independence of Kenya's smallholder farmers.
    -- Jacqueline Novogratz

#Independence #Acumen #Kenya

• In Kenya you've got the great birds and monkeys leaping through the trees overhead. It's a chance to remember what the world is really like.
    -- Joanna Lumley

#Bird #Tree #Kenya

• When my father arrived in Kenya, he had found the Kikuyu way of life similar to that of the British at the time the Romans invaded England 2,000 years ago.
    -- Louis Leakey

#Father #Years #Kenya

• There is no room for communists in Kenya.
    -- Mwai Kibaki

#Rooms #Kenya #Communist

• You'd see more floods like you've seen in Mozambique in 2000, you'd see more droughts like you saw in Kenya in the late 1990s, there would be a serious threat to the water flow down the Nile on which 10 countries depend.
    -- Nicholas Stern

#Country #Water #Kenya

• The Mogadorian caught Number One in Malaysia, Number Two in England, And Number Three in Kenya. I am Number Four. I am next..." - I AM NUMBER FOUR
    -- Pittacus Lore

#Two #Numbers #Kenya

• I'd like to open an animal orphanage in Kenya. I do a lot of work for Born Free.
    -- Rachel Hunter

#Animal #Kenya #Born Free

• Kenya doesn't have much of an infrastructure for hosting a film of this scale. Our producer decided that for the film to really work it had to be in Kenya.
    -- Ralph Fiennes

#Kenya #Film #Infrastructure

• Kenya doesn't have much of an infrastructure for hosting a film.
    -- Ralph Fiennes

#Kenya #Film #Infrastructure

• It is virtually impossible to control Northern Kenya, which is populated chiefly by migrant nomads.
    -- Richard Leakey

#Migrants #Kenya #Impossible

• Yesterday, President Obama prank-called a Washington radio station, calling himself 'Barry from D.C.' Then, just to mess with him, Obama called Glenn Beck's radio show as 'B. Hussein from Kenya.'
    -- Conan O'Brien

#Yesterday #President #Kenya

• When I was younger, I was almost too afraid to admit that I wanted to be an actor. I didn't know any successful actors in Kenya, so I felt like I could get away with going to college to study film more easily than I could with saying, 'I want to be an actor.' That's what I did.
    -- Lupita Nyong'o

#Successful #College #Kenya

• Growing up in Kenya, slum life was not far away. I had family that lived in slums, so I visited them often, and so I've seen and interacted with abject poverty. But I also know that because of that, poverty is not the definition of the people that live there.
    -- Lupita Nyong'o

#Growing Up #People #Kenya

• I grew up in Nairobi, which is the capital of Kenya, so it's hustle and bustle, and there's always something going on.
    -- Lupita Nyong'o

#Hustle And Bustle #Kenya #Grew Up

• Another phenomenon developing in Kenya is ethnic cleansing - and that's the thing that has made me very sad. Because some people will use the cover of the problems of rigged elections to do things that are unacceptable like ethnic cleansing and displacement of people. It's completely unacceptable.
    -- Ngugi wa Thiong'o

#People #Kenya #Use

• We need to send Barack Obama back to Chicago. I'd like to send him back to Kenya, back to Indonesia. We have to unmask this man. This is a man that seeks to destroy all concept of God. And I will tell you what, this is classical Marxist philosophy.
    -- Rafael Cruz

#Philosophy #Men #Kenya

• We need to send Barack Obama back to Chicago - I'd like to send him back to Kenya, back to Indonesia. But not only that - we absolutely need to retake the Senate. It is imperative that we take the Senate.
    -- Rafael Cruz

#Chicago #Needs #Kenya

• The stone throwing and house burning is no longer a face of Kenya . Kenya is now a destination for investment and tourism.
    -- Raila Odinga

#House #Tourism #Kenya

• If someone like Musalia [Mudavadi ] ruled Kenya, he would not be able to effect the radical changes I talk about.
    -- Raila Odinga

#Kenya #Able #Radical Change

• I am indebted to anyone who has ever written anything. I am indebted to the unknown carver of pictograms on a gallery of stone panels, which I encountered and stood in silence before on top of a distant odd-shaped hill in northern Kenya. For whatever reason the muses have most unexpectedly invited me to join this immense procession. I am humbled and delighted.
    -- Yvonne Adhiambo Owuor

#Silence #Kenya #Stones

• For Kenya: we have a chance to start again each time we meet one another. The ghosts do not need to define the future.
    -- Yvonne Adhiambo Owuor

#Needs #Kenya #Chance

• Kenya is an immense land with a capacity for healing.
    -- Yvonne Adhiambo Owuor

#Healing #Land #Kenya

• When I first came into international running, most runners did about 60-70 miles or running a week. I guess that is still the standard except for Kenya and Ethiopia. I was doing 150-250 a week and some weeks as high as 350. It was unheard of! But, because I did not have access to what was possible and standard, I had to set my own possibilities and standards. I was just lucky enough to be out of the loop and not know.
    -- Gerry Lindgren

#Running #Lucky #Kenya