Role Models quotes

• Educationists should build the capacities of the spirit of inquiry, creativity, entrepreneurial and moral leadership among students and become their role model.
    -- Abdul Kalam

#Creativity #Role Models #Roles

• Certainly when I got to medical school, I had role models of the kind of physicians I wanted to be. I had an uncle who, looking back, was probably not the most-educated physician around, but he carried it off so well.
    -- Abraham Verghese

#Uncles #School #Role Models

• Gene Autry was a pioneering star in the early days of music, radio, film, television and rodeo performances. I am proud to posthumously honor such an inspiring role model
    -- Adam Schiff

#Stars #Role Models #Honor

• I want to play positive role models - women who mean something to other women.
    -- Agyness Deyn

#Mean #Play #Role Models

• I have five young children, and I take being a role model very seriously.
    -- Albert Pujols

#Children #Role Models #Roles

• Playing Unique hasn’t changed how I feel about myself, but it has changed how I hold myself. Unique is so confident that I found myself [saying], ‘You need to be the role model that your character intends you to be.’
    -- Alex Newell

#Character #Unique #Role Models

• I'm not preaching about things you should do, I'm not political or anything. I'm probably not the best role model.
    -- Alexa Chung

#Role Models #Political #Roles

• I am not interested in being a role model, or in fulfilling the expectations of others. I know I am of most use to others and to myself by being this unique self: Nature, I have noticed, is not particularly devoted to copies, and human beings needn't be either.
    -- Alice Walker

#Unique #Self #Role Models

• Being a role model is a privilege.
    -- Allyson Felix

#Role Models #Roles #Privilege

• People who dream of something bigger and better are good role models.
    -- Andrew Shue

#Dream #People #Role Models

• I didn't have a role model when I was younger.
    -- Andy Cohen

#Role Models #Roles #Models

• It feels great to be a role model and I'm very careful with the things I do. I'm not perfect, I do make a lot of mistakes, but I try my best.
    -- Angie Stone

#Mistake #Perfect #Role Models

• I get irritated when people counsel me on what I should do with my life, or tell me I should get married, or tell me what I should do. I think people have their role models for happiness and it helps if others fit into that.
    -- Anjelica Huston

#Thinking #People #Role Models

• Simply stated, girls want role models and mentors.
    -- Anna Maria Chavez

#Girl #Role Models #Mentor

• A lifestyle involves a cluster of habits and orientations, and hence has a certain unity - important to a continuing sense of ontological security - that connects options in a more or less ordered pattern. (...) [T]he selection or creation of lifestyles is influenced by group pressures and the visibility of role models, as well as by socioeconomic circumstances.
    -- Anthony Giddens

#Role Models #Unity #Important

• My life has definitely changed since 'Modern Family.' The show has made me more responsible, I really want to be a good role model for all kids so I have to think about what I say and do and how it looks to other kids!
    -- Ariel Winter

#Kids #Thinking #Role Models

• Everybody should be able to enjoy their life, because you only live once. So I just want to get it all out there and be the best role model that I can be, if people want to put me in that kind of predicament. I mean, I didn't ask to be a role model, because I'm not perfect.
    -- ASAP Rocky

#Mean #People #Role Models

• My mom is very confident and she was always a role model of mine.
    -- Ashley Tisdale

#Mom #Role Models #Roles

• Every boy needs a role model that he can be proud of and talk about to the other kids in the playground.
    -- Athol Fugard

#Kids #Boys #Role Models

• The only pressure comes form myself. I put pressure on myself at first just because I was intimidated. When I made Amy Poehler laugh, it was a big thing for me. She's been one of my role models since high school, because she started UCB, which is what I wanted to do since high school.
    -- Aubrey Plaza

#School #Role Models #Laughing

• I think everyone needs to be a role model, period.
    -- Barry Bonds

#Thinking #Ties #Role Models

• I don't think of myself as a role model. I do try to live in a compassionate, considerate and positive way. The only advice I can offer is to find what you love to do, find the joy in it, and express yourself through your passion.
    -- Barry Williams

#Passion #Thinking #Role Models

• We need more drag king role models for all those interested in the art
    -- BeBe Zahara Benet

#Art #Kings #Role Models

• A manager can't act like a role model. They need to BE a role model.
    -- Ben Horowitz

#Role Models #Needs #Roles

• I remove a lot of the pressure from myself by saying I'm not competing with my parents. They are the persons who taught me my ideology. They actively practiced what they preached. They're the exemplars and the role models. So how does one compete with a mentor?
    -- Benigno Aquino III

#Role Models #Parent #Mentor

• Black men who have succeeded have an obligation to serve as role models for young men entrapped by a vicious cycle of poverty, despair, and hopelessness.
    -- Benjamin Hooks

#Men #Role Models #Black

• It's hard to carry a child around with you, but fortunately, in most cases, you don't have to ask a child for directions if you have a well-chosen role model ready to guide you. This is the next prescription: Take one role model, as often as needed. Set aside a few minutes today to fill this prescription so you will have it handy when you need it. Think now about who your role models have been. What do they offer? Who else do you admire, and exactly what do you admire about them? Have your roster of role models ready and waiting to help you the next time you are perplexed.
    -- Bernie Siegel

#Children #Thinking #Role Models

• Because I didn't have any queer, lesbian, female role models I hated my own femininity and had to look deep within myself to create an identity that worked for me. Pop culture just doesn't hand us enough variety to choose from.
    -- Beth Ditto

#Hands #Role Models #Identity

• Aging is not 'lost youth,' but a new stage of opportunity and strength. It's a different stage of life, and if you are going to pretend it's youth, you are going to miss it. You are going to miss the surprises, the possibilities, and the evolution that we are just beginning to know about because there are no role models, no guideposts, and no signs.
    -- Betty Friedan

#Opportunity #Bad Ass #Role Models

• Gandhi became my role model. I have always been interested in Eastern philosophy. Since early in my life I've been fascinated by India, and I have spent a great deal of time traveling in that country.
    -- Bianca Jagger

#Country #Philosophy #Role Models

• I am a role model, definitely and I definitely support women.
    -- Blu Cantrell

#Role Models #Support #Roles

• I feel like I'm a very good role model for women.
    -- Blu Cantrell

#Role Models #Roles #Very Good

• Once you turn pro and you're making the big money and kids are buying your sneakers and your skates and your gloves and so on, you are a member of that role model club.
    -- Bobby Orr

#Kids #Sneakers #Role Models

• I love Tina Turner. I'm one of Tina Turner's biggest fans. Tina Turner was a big influence on me to become a singer. A role model and in a way she gave me back my confidence in choosing my material.
    -- Bonnie Tyler

#Confidence #Role Models #Fans

• Women can be incredible role models for their kids, neighbors and communities just by making good choices in terms of what they're eating and whether they're exercising.
    -- Brandi Chastain

#Kids #Exercise #Role Models

• The trailblazers are my role models in this industry: Sidney Poitier, Harry Belafonte, James Earl Jones, and Billy Dee Williams. I keep their pictures in my trailer and try to measure to their standards every time I act.
    -- Brian J. White

#Role Models #Trying #Roles

• I was into comics because these were my real male role models, even though at the time, I didn't know it.
    -- Brian Michael Bendis

#Real #Role Models #Males

• First of all, I try to be a positive role model.
    -- Bruce Jenner

• We need role models who are going to break the mold.
    -- Carly Simon

#Inspiration #Role Models #Mold

• I understand that I'm a role model.
    -- Carnie Wilson

• Be your own source of strength and comfort. Believe that you are in love, happy, and fulfilled because you started by feeling that way about yourself, alone. Then the power of being together is amplified and you will experience the kind of joy that you can't begin to imagine. It starts within you and no one else.
    -- Carol Lin

#Believe #Role Models #Joy

• There are relatively few role models for young people. We are in a society that is ruled by men.
    -- Catherine Deneuve

#Men #People #Role Models

• I like looking feminine and I enjoy being a role model. I enjoy being a woman. It all comes down to having the confidence to be who you are.
    -- Cathy Freeman

#Role Models #Be Who You Are #Roles

• I think that we need women role models everywhere. I think that it's really hard to imagine yourself as something that you don't see.
    -- Chelsea Clinton

#Thinking #Role Models #Needs

• When any of us thinks of ourselves as a role model - whether thats as a parent being observed by their kids or a leader under the microscope of their followers - it creates a natural stepping up of how we carry ourselves and what we expect from ourselves.
    -- Chip Conley

#Kids #Thinking #Role Models

• Companies and leaders are role models - not just with the business community - but in the broader world.
    -- Chip Conley

#Role Models #Community #Leader

• I'm no role model; all I want to show is love.
    -- Christofer Drew

#Role Models #Roles #Want

• Whatever good I have accomplished as an actress I believe came in direct proportion to my efforts to portray black women who have made positive contributions to my heritage.
    -- Cicely Tyson

#Believe #Role Models #Effort

• I know this is going to sound cheesy and like I'm trying to be Miss America, but the most important responsibility a celebrity has is to set an example and be a role model.
    -- Clay Aiken

#Responsibility #America #Role Models

• Role models are fine. Roll models are better. Anyone who can do a forward roll is pretty awesome in my book.
    -- Connor Ripley

#Book #Role Models #Roles

• I've always kind of lived my life to be as much as possible a positive role model for children.
    -- Corey Feldman

• I just did a spread in 'Maxim', I'm 35 years old. I've had women and parents email me asking if I should really be doing that, since I'm still considered a role model.
    -- Danica McKellar

#Years #Role Models #Parent

• We [Notekillers] aren't necessarily trying to be role models, but if we are, that's cool.
    -- David First

• We wish we could have been there for you. We didn't have many role models of our own--we latched on to the foolish love of Oscar Wilde and the well-versed longing of Walt Whitman because nobody else was there to show us an untortured path. We were going to be your role models. We were going to give you art and music and confidence and shelter and a much better world. Those who survived lived to do this. But we haven't been there for you. We've been here. Watching as you become the role models.
    -- David Levithan

#Art #Role Models #Giving

• I feel like I'm held more accountable to stay healthy now because now I'm a role model to young girls to not have eating issues and to not say, 'Hey, it's OK to starve yourself' or 'It's OK to throw up after your meals' - that's not OK.
    -- Demi Lovato

#Girl #Issues #Role Models

• I never thought that I'd be a role model. Everyone kind of just made me a role model, and I hated that.
    -- Demi Lovato

#Role Models #Roles #Kind

• Be a role model not a critic. Don't tell your children, your peers, or your subordinates what to do - show them. And when the lesson is over, keep showing them by demonstrating that your actions are part of your character, not part of their curriculum.
    -- Denis Waitley

#Children #Character #Role Models

• The world needs role models, instead of critics.
    -- Denis Waitley

#Role Models #Needs #Roles

• Young girls look to me as a role model and think I crash diet to keep slim. Thats not true, I always eat properly.
    -- Denise Van Outen

#Girl #Thinking #Role Models

• I looked up to my parents because they were very successful in what they wanted to do. I was lucky; I didn't have to look far for role models.
    -- Derek Jeter

#Success #Winning #Role Models

• You must show the world that you abhor fighting.
    -- Desmond Tutu

#Fighting #Role Models #Example

• But I think role models also start in the home with your parents.
    -- Dominique Wilkins

#Home #Thinking #Role Models

• Some of the most important people in my life would be shocked to learn that they were role models. They weren't celebrities, or even particularly accomplished. But they had some quality that I admired, that made me want to be like them.
    -- Donn Moomaw

#People #Role Models #Important

• By staying true to yourself, you keep your energy high and clear, and you provide inspirational role modeling for other healers and helpers. Integrity toward yourself is a gift to the world.
    -- Doreen Virtue

#Integrity #Role Models #Roles

• It's just like being a father; you got to show them love and you got to show them the path. I don't like this role-model stuff, though.
    -- Duane Chapman

#Father #Role Models #Roles

• We need to teach the next generation of children from day one that they are responsible for their lives.
    -- Elisabeth Kubler-Ross

#Children #Role Models #Needs

• I did have role models, but most of them were male.
    -- Emily Robison

#Role Models #Males #Roles

• I will be a role model for cancer patients for the rest of my life. But you know what? When I was getting chemo, those people inspired me.
    -- Eric Davis

#Cancer #People #Role Models

• My generation had Doris Day as a role model, then Gloria Steinem--then Princess Diana. We are the most confused generation.
    -- Erica Jong

#Confused #Princess #Role Models

• Yes. I was the first female colonel. I enjoyed being that kind of role model for young women watching the show. A woman can be a colonel! A woman can be in charge! Those were new ideas then.
    -- Erin Gray

#Ideas #Role Models #Female

• I've always thought of myself as a role model even before being a 'celebrity.' I've always been doing charity work and volunteering in the community since I was 8, so when you do that, I think you just assume that role when you put yourself out there.
    -- Eva Longoria

#Thinking #Volunteer #Role Models

• I've done things that can be made fun of. It's not such a bad thing. If I'm going to end up a role model, then I'd rather not end up being the kind of role model that pretends to be perfect, and pretends that she always has the right thing to say. I'm a product of role models that didn't make me feel like I was as good as them.
    -- Fiona Apple

#Fun #Perfect #Role Models

• As it is our nature to be more moved by hope than fear, the example of one we see abundantly rewarded cheers and encourages us far more than the sight of many who have not been well treated disquiets us.
    -- Francesco Guicciardini

#Cheer #Sight #Role Models

• I would love to be a role model.
    -- Gabby Douglas

• Children, as persons, are entitled to the greatest respect. Children are given to us as free-flying souls, but then we clip their wings like we domesticate the wild mallard. Children should become the role-models for us, their parents, for they are coated with the spirit from which they came- out of the ether, clean, innocent, brimming with the delight of life, aware of the beauty of the simplest thing; a snail, a bud....
    -- Gerry Spence

#Children #Wings #Role Models

• I first felt successful when I was 13 and in a show called Seesaw. I came offstage and heard the applause of the theater audience and felt a sense of accomplishment. Around that time my role model for success was Burt Lancaster. He was one of the first ac.
    -- Giancarlo Esposito

#Successful #Accomplishment #Role Models

• I will follow my father's footsteps by doing what is right, and God will take care of the rest. My father is my role model. My living role model is Cory Aquino.
    -- Gloria Macapagal Arroyo

#Father #Role Models #Roles

• I think if you ask people why they watch me, there would be some common thread among all of them that I'm somewhat of an awkward older sister. I have a teen, mostly female demographic. How that happened, I don't know. But I think they see me as some sort of bizarre role model, and I'll keep trying to do that for them.
    -- Grace Helbig

#Thinking #People #Role Models

• I was born of heterosexual parents. I was taught by heterosexual teachers in a fiercely heterosexual society. Television ads and newspaper ads — fiercely heterosexual. A society that puts down homosexuality. And why am I a homosexual if I'm affected by role models? I should have been a heterosexual. And no offense meant, but if teachers are going to affect you as role models, there'd be a lot of nuns running around the streets today.
    -- Harvey Milk

#Running #Teacher #Role Models

• Gary Speed was honourable, trustworthy and a joy to manage. He was honest, he was a role model and he was a great bloke. An avid learner, he recognised responsibility and he was always fully committed.
    -- Howard Wilkinson

#Responsibility #Avid #Role Models

• But again, we, I think, over the years have set the example for a lot of nations that may not have had the same values, the same type of coming out of the same culture that we as Americans have and enjoy. But we can be an example, a role model for them.
    -- Hugh Shelton

#Thinking #Years #Role Models

• Being a role model is about being true to myself.
    -- Idina Menzel

#Role Models #Roles #Being True

• Not every artist is a role model.
    -- Iggy Azalea

#Artist #Role Models #Roles

• They need a role model. They need a star!
    -- Imelda Marcos

#Stars #Role Models #Needs

• You know who a role model for me is? George Ballanchine
    -- Isaac Mizrahi

• But I don't really see myself as a role model. I'm not a dictator, or someone who wants to be adored!
    -- Isabella Rossellini

#Role Models #Roles #Want

• Galley Molina's a great inspiration and role model for a lot of young kids out there.
    -- Ja Rule

#Inspiration #Kids #Role Models

• To change bad habits, we must study the habits of successful role models.
    -- Jack Canfield

#Successful #Role Models #Roles

• If I've inadvertently become some sort of role model for failed comedians, then it's really backfired very badly on me.
    -- Jack Dee

#Role Models #Comedian #Roles

• I don't mind being a professional. As an athlete you are a role model, people are watching what you wear, listening to everything you say,
    -- Jalen Rose

#Athlete #People #Role Models

• Well, I always hope that I'm a role model.
    -- James Iha

#Role Models #Roles #Wells

• I feel responsible for certain fans, but I've never said I'm a role model.
    -- Jamie Campbell Bower

#Role Models #Fans #Roles

• I am really looking forward to being a role model for girls.
    -- Janel Parrish

#Girl #Role Models #Roles

• From the time we're born, our brothers and sisters are our collaborators and coconspirators, our role models and our cautionary tales,
    -- Jeffrey Kluger

#Brother #Role Models #Roles

• I'm a role model for lots of young girls.
    -- Jennie Finch

#Girl #Role Models #Roles

• I'm not a role model or the poster child for how to do anything.
    -- Jennifer Aniston

• I want to be a representative and be a role model for the Asian American community.
    -- Jeremy Lin

#Role Models #Community #Asian

• Americans have gotten to know Sarah Palin. They know that she's a role model to women and other - and reformers all over America. She's a reformer.
    -- John McCain

#America #Role Models #Roles

• Do we secretly idolize our imagined opposites, yearning to become the role models for others we know we could never be for ourselves?
    -- John Waters

#Opposites #Role Models #Roles

• I've always been inspired by Don Quixote as a role model of sorts, of the power of books to sort of make you insane in maybe a beautiful way.
    -- Jonathan Ames

#Beautiful #Book #Role Models