Dominance quotes

• Your brand's power lies in dominance. It is better to have 50% of one market, instead of 10% of five markets.
    -- Al Ries

#Lying #Dominance #Brands

• A truly submissive woman is to be treasured, cherished and protected for it is only she who can give a man the gift of dominance.
    -- Anne Desclos

#Men #Giving #Dominance

• Dominance is a burden. Most men who are honest will admit that.
    -- Betty Friedan

#Men #Dominance #Honest

• One of the great commandments of science is, 'Mistrust arguments from authority'. (Scientists, being primates, and thus given to dominance hierarchies, of course do not always follow this commandment.)
    -- Carl Sagan

#Hierarchy #Dominance #Argument

• The dominance of conclusions over arguments is most pronounced where emotions are involved.
    -- Daniel Kahneman

#Dominance #Emotion #Argument

• Male chimpanzees have an extraordinarily strong drive for dominance. They're constantly jockeying for position.
    -- Frans de Waal

#Strong #Males #Dominance

• Africa suffered under European dominance for centuries.
    -- Jacob Zuma

#Dominance #Century

• Iraq is a manufactured conflict for the sake of geopolitical dominance in the area.
    -- Janeane Garofalo

#Iraq #Sake #Dominance

• The single biggest threat to man's continued dominance on the planet is the virus.
    -- Joshua Lederberg

#Men #Viruses #Dominance

• Violence within the context of policing has a sense of control and power to it, whether it is dominance, getting what you want, or acting out of emotion. At the same time, it is not ultimately satisfying and [you are] trapped in the cycle.
    -- Keanu Reeves

#Acting #Getting What You Want #Dominance

• Dominance contests are rare, if they exist at all. During my 13 summers observing the Ellesmere Island pack, I saw none.
    -- L. David Mech

#Summer #Islands #Dominance

• Dominance is one of the most pervasive and important behaviors among wolves in a pack.
    -- L. David Mech

#Important #Dominance #Behavior

• He should have no further trouble from her, he thought in satisfaction. Surely by now she knew his dominance over her. She would submit as easily in all matters as she had in this one. He frowned then. She had submitted, hadn´t she?
    -- Lora Leigh

#Matter #Satisfaction #Dominance

• Control over a woman is the only form of dominance most men possess, for most men are merely subjects of more powerful men.
    -- Marilyn French

#Powerful #Men #Dominance

• Naval dominance of European waters was the largest, longest, most complex and expensive project ever undertaken by the British state and society.
    -- Nicholas Rodger

#Water #Dominance #British

• I was taught to see racism only in individual acts of meanness, not in invisible systems conferring dominance on my group
    -- Peggy McIntosh

#Racism #Dominance #Taught

• The State is not the nation, and the State can be modified and even abolished in its present form, without harming the nation. On the contrary, with the passing of the dominance of the State, the genuine life-enhancing forces of the nation will be liberated.
    -- Randolph Bourne

#Dominance #Passing #Genuine

• It was no ape, neither was it a man. It was some shambling horror spawned in the mysterious, nameless jungles of the south, where strange life teemed in the reeking rot without the dominance of man, and drums thundered in temples that had never known the tread of a human foot.
    -- Robert E. Howard

#Men #Feet #Dominance

• The best intentions (of respect and tolerance) can often be annoying to those whose cultures are not in dominance: we feel that we are often zoological specimens.
    -- Vijay Prashad

#Tolerance #Dominance #Culture

• If you have a pack establishing dominance in an area that involves such physical exertion, you're sucking the life out of the opposition.
    -- Ben Morgan

#Dominance #Packs #Exertion

• To be a hegemon is inherently ambiguous, usually implying some mixture of dominance and legitimacy, that is, being seen as contributing global leadership in a generally benevolent manner.
    -- Richard A. Falk

#Mixtures #Dominance #Legitimacy

• Dominance contests with other wolves are rare, if they exist at all. During my 13 summers observing the Ellesmere Island pack, I saw none.
    -- L. David Mech

#Summer #Islands #Dominance