Knack quotes

• I initially wanted to work in the music industry more on the A&R side. While I was in school, I began working in the New Business department of an advertising firm, and very quickly I was responsible for roughly 70% of their business, so you could say I had a natural knack for the advertising world.
    -- Adam Kluger

#School #Knack #World

• Stupidity has a knack of getting its way.
    -- Albert Camus

#Stupid #Stupidity #Knack

• stupidity has a knack of getting its way; as we should see if we were not always so much wrapped up in ourselves
    -- Albert Camus

#Stupidity #Knack #Way

• I obviously have a knack for getting on paper what a lot of people have thought and didn't realize they thought. And they say, 'Hey, yeah!' And they like that.
    -- Andy Rooney

#People #Hey #Knack

• I used to collect knick-knacks, like wizards, trolls and little buddhas, and arrange them like precious things on a shelf.
    -- Ben Whishaw

#Knack #Wizards #Littles

• We are all human beings with our own little knick-knacks and ways of doing things.
    -- Bernhard Langer

#Knack #Littles #Way

• I always had a pretty good knack for raising hell
    -- Brandon Lee

#Knack #Hell

• When I was in college, at Wheaton-I inadvertently got cast in a play, and I had a really great time doing it. I didnt know I had any knack for it, but I really enjoyed myself. It was a complete surprise.
    -- Catherine Keener

#College #Play #Knack

• When I started designing in school, I discovered that I had a knack for it. I fell completely in love with architecture, and I remain in love with it.
    -- Cesar Pelli

#School #Design #Knack

• The ‘equilibrium’ that people see in me is really an illusion. I am as flawed as anyone. It’s only that I seem to have the knack of hiding.
    -- Erich Segal

#People #Knack #Illusion

• I want no men around me who have not the knack of making friends.
    -- Frank A. Vanderlip

#Men #Making Friends #Knack

• A detective with his murder mystery, a chemist seeking the structure of a new compound, use little of the formal and logical modes of reasoning. Through a series of intuitions, surmises, fancies, they stumble upon the right explanation, and have a knack of seizing it when it once comes within reach.
    -- Gilbert N. Lewis

#Intuition #Use #Knack

• At UCLA I quickly learned the knack of getting grades, a craven surrender to custom, since grades had little to do with learning.
    -- Hugh Nibley

#Learning #Ucla #Knack

• Humans have a knack for choosing precisely the things that are worst for them.
    -- J. K. Rowling

#Inspirational #Literature #Knack

• When I write, I disturb. When I show a film, I disturb. When I exhibit my painting, I disturb, and I disturb if I don't. I have a knack for disturbing.
    -- Jean Cocteau

#Writing #Knack #Painting

• You know, I've always said, I've never felt I was a particularly good singer, but I've always thought I had a great knack for picking hit songs.
    -- Kenny Rogers

#Song #Knack #Singers

• Basically, I'm a people pleaser who has a knack for disappointing.
    -- Kevin Nealon

#People #Knack #Disappointing

• I seem to have a knack for picking movies that go on to be cult favorites.
    -- Kurt Russell

#Knack #Goes On #Cult

• As I grew older I found that I really had a knack for rhyming and I pursued that. So by thirteen I got serious about using my writing and rhyming skills. I did it everywhere I could.
    -- LeCrae

#Writing #Skills #Knack

• School, I never truly got the knack of. I could never focus on things I didn't want to learn.
    -- Leonardo DiCaprio

#School #Focus #Knack

• As he demonstrated with 'Juno' and 'Up in the Air,' Reitman has an uncanny knack among contemporary directors for tapping into the zeitgeist in dramatically satisfying ways.
    -- Lou Lumenick

#Air #Directors #Knack

• I don't think anyone enjoys raising money, but for some reason I seem to have a knack.
    -- Louis Susman

#Thinking #Knack #Reason

• If I had the knack I'd sing like Cherry flakes falling
    -- Matsuo Basho

#Fall #Knack #Flakes

• Comedy is just to me, maybe it's a natural knack, if I can see where the joke is in the writing and I can see where the setup is and I can tell this is the way to make it.
    -- Matt LeBlanc

#Writing #Knack #Way

• It looks as if I were meant to be alone, and that any hope of happiness is not meant. Am I too old to acquire the knack for happiness?
    -- May Sarton

#Were Meant To Be #Looks #Knack

• The streets would have chewed me up and spit me out and I knew that, but I found my own ways and different knacks for getting in trouble and being reckless with my life. And I've overcome a lot of personal demons and to be alive is really my greatest achievement.
    -- Michael K. Williams

#Achievement #Different #Knack

• I've been told by the prosecutors and by my own attorneys I should go to law school. I guess I have a knack for it.
    -- Monica Lewinsky

#School #Law #Knack

• I don't actually have a lot of discipline. I've worked hard at music. But I feel like you know, I felt like kind of natural at it. I always had a knack for it.
    -- Norah Jones

#Discipline #Knack #Kind

• A knick-knack is a thing that sits on top of a whatnot.
    -- Oliver Hardy

#Knack

• When I am drunk I am at my best. It is the national knack of the French.
    -- Orson Scott Card

#Drunk #Knack

• You will have a growing knack for gravitating toward wilder, wetter, more interesting problems. More and more, you will be drawn to the kind of gain that doesn't requite pain. You'll be so alive and awake that you'll cheerfully push yourself out of your comfort zone in the direction of your personal frontier well before you're forced to do so by divine kicks in the ass.
    -- Rob Brezsny

#Pain #Interesting #Knack

• Get the knack of getting people to help you and also pitch in yourself.
    -- Ruth Gordon

#People #Knack #Helping

• Netflix has such a knack for giving a new life to those B-movies that you thought and hoped no one would ever see. Especially when you have a new project coming out and they're looking to mine some of your lesser-known films.
    -- Spencer Grammer

#Giving #New Life #Knack

• Killing is like riding, you see. One never really loses the knack.
    -- Susan Kay

#Knack #Riding #Killing

• I wanted to tell her that being loved is a talent too, that it takes as much guts and as much work as loving; that some people, for whatever reason, never learn the knack
    -- Tana French

#People #Knack #Talent

• every Jack He must study the knack If he wants to make sure of his Jill!
    -- W. S. Gilbert

#Want #Knack #Study

• Life and business are rather simple after all-to make a success of either, you've got to hang on to the knack of putting yourself into the other person's place.
    -- William Wrigley, Jr.

#Life #Simple #Knack

• I can't draw a stick person. I can't play a musical instrument. But I've always had a knack for making money.
    -- Tilman J Fertitta

#Play #Musical #Knack

• I'll tell you what makes a great manager: A great manager has a knack for making ballplayers think they are better than they think they are. He forces you to have a good opinion of yourself. He lets you know he believes in you.
    -- Reggie Jackson

#Believe #Thinking #Knack

• The greatest manager has a knack for making ballplayers think they are better than they think they are.
    -- Reggie Jackson

#Sports #Thinking #Knack