Slime quotes

• There is a reference in Aristotle to a gnat produced by larvae engendered in the slime of vinegar. This must have been Drosophila.
    -- Alfred Sturtevant

#Gnats #Vinegar #Slime

• It seems to me the worst of all the plagues is the slug, the snail without a shell. He is beyond description repulsive, a mass of sooty, shapeless slime, and he devours everything.
    -- Celia Thaxter

#Slime #Slugs #Shells

• Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy.
    -- Franz Kafka

#Cynical #Revolution #Slime

• Slime him, sis," Dan urged, "Make him a redcoat.
    -- Gordon Korman

#Slime

• If a person doesn't think there is a God to be accountable to, then-then what's the point of trying to modify your behavior to keep it within acceptable ranges? That's how I thought anyway. I always believed the theory of evolution as truth, that we all just came from the slime. When we, when we died, you know, that was it, there is nothing
    -- Jeffrey Dahmer

#Thinking #Trying #Slime

• I always believed the theory of evolution as truth, that we all just came from the slime. When we, when we died, you know, that was it, there is nothing.
    -- Jeffrey Dahmer

#Slime #Evolution #Theory

• The world is rid of Lord Byron, but the deadly slime of his touch still remains.
    -- John Constable

#World #Slime #Lord

• I don't enjoy being a celebrity, I don't want any part of that or any part of that fame for fame... i'd actually rather die than be a celebrity slime!!!
    -- Marc Almond

#Want #Slime #Fame

• Life contains these things: leakage and wickage and discharge, pus and snot and slime and gleet. We are biology. We are reminded of this at the beginning and the end, at birth and at death. In between we do what we can to forget.
    -- Mary Roach

#Slime #Birth #Forget

• What's the difference between a politician and a catfish? One is a wide-mouthed, bottom-feeding, slime sucker - and the other is a fish.
    -- Preston Manning

#Differences #Slime #Politician

• The slime of all my yesterdays rots in the hollow of my skull.
    -- Sylvia Plath

#Skulls #Yesterday #Slime