Hawaii quotes

• The one we keep pitching and there are no takers is The Fabulous Baker Boys Go To Hawaii. There don't seem to be any takers on that one!
    -- Beau Bridges

#Boys #Bakers #Hawaii

• Hawaii's the 50th state? I thought it was a suburb of Guam.
    -- Bobby Heenan

#Hawaii #States

• I can't even speak Hawaiian, but if you go there and listen to a Hawaiian song, you get captured because it's so beautiful, like the melody is just gorgeous and you know Bob Marley is on the radio every single day. It's very reggae-influenced down there. Basically, you haven't been to paradise if you haven't been to Hawaii.
    -- Bruno Mars

#Beautiful #Song #Hawaii

• In Hawaii, some of the biggest radio stations are reggae. The local bands are heavily influenced by Bob Marley.
    -- Bruno Mars

#Band #Hawaii #Bob

• You think that you can hide; you think you can lay low? I'll roll up on your ***** like Hawaii 5-0!
    -- Busta Rhymes

#Thinking #Hip Hop #Hawaii

• I know I can serve Hawaii and our country well in the U.S. Senate, know we can mount a solid statewide campaign, know we have a good chance of prevailing.
    -- Ed Case

#Country #Hawaii #Campaigns

• The sentiments in Hawaii about Washington's failure of leadership are no different than the rest of the country.
    -- Ed Case

#Country #Different #Hawaii

• With the departure of Congressman Neil Abercrombie (D), who is running for the governorship of Hawaii, and with the tragic and very sad passing of my personal friend Jack Murtha (D-Pa.), mine is now the deciding vote on the health care bill and this administration and this House leadership have said, quote-unquote, they will stop at nothing to pass this health care bill. And now they’ve gotten rid of me and it will pass. You connect the dots.
    -- Eric Massa

#Running #House #Hawaii

• The vast Pacific ocean would always remain the islanders' great solace, escape and nourishment, the amniotic fluid that would keep them hedonistic and aloof, guarded, gentle and mysterious.
    -- Francine du Plessix Gray

#Ocean #Hawaii #Mysterious

• The spiritual destiny of Hawaii has been shaped by a Calvinist theory of paternalism enacted by the descendants of the missionaries who had carried it there: a will to do good for unfortunates regardless of what the unfortunates thought about it.
    -- Francine du Plessix Gray

#Spiritual #Destiny #Hawaii

• The best thing about wearing black is that you can hide pretty easily, unless you're in like Hawaii, then you can't hide.
    -- Gerard Way

#Wearing Black #Black #Hawaii

• I've enjoyed the accommodations offered by police departments from Florida to Hawaii. Any time I saw a badge, something in me would snap.
    -- Grace Slick

#Florida #Police #Hawaii

• I don't care about the money. I'm just interested in the perks. I'll do a series if I am picked up by a limo, work only until 4, and the show is shot in Hawaii.
    -- Harry Morgan

#Limos #Hawaii #Care

• Hawaii is a beautiful place to bring up a family.
    -- Henry Ian Cusick

#Beautiful #Hawaii #Beautiful Places

• Being in Hawaii, it's almost impossible not to be fit, I think.
    -- Henry Ian Cusick

#Thinking #Hawaii #Impossible

• In the case of Five-O, I believe it was a combination of many ingredients - timing, chemistry, Hawaii.
    -- James MacArthur

#Believe #Ingredients #Hawaii

• Some people say Hawaii is spoiled, but I don't think so. It's modern. It's a part of today's world.
    -- James MacArthur

#Thinking #People #Hawaii

• Six years ago, I completed the premier episode of Hawaii Five-O, and Jack Lord and I immediately realized that we had a good series, that this was a success such as we'd never hoped for!
    -- James MacArthur

#Years #Hawaii #Six

• Beating the drums for Hawaii is not hard to do... the place just grows on you.
    -- James MacArthur

#Hawaii #Grows

• I was born in Hawaii, but I was raised in Iowa.
    -- Jason Momoa

#Iowa #Hawaii #Born

• Hawaii can be heaven and it can be hell.
    -- Jeff Goldblum

#Heaven #Hawaii #Hell

• We have North Shore, Hawaii and Lost all there, so they have softball tournaments between the casts. It's hilarious.
    -- Josh Holloway

#Funny #Softball #Hawaii

• I want to stay in Hawaii a little while. I'm kind of liking it over there.
    -- Josh Holloway

#Stay Strong #Hawaii #Want

• We shot on location in our very first weeks, in our very first shows. I would like to go on location again, Hawaii would be good!! But normally, we tape five days a week in the studio starting at about 8:00 a.m. and continuing until about 8:00 p.m.
    -- Juliet Mills

#Would Be #Tape #Hawaii

• I grew up in Hawaii so I was outside a lot playing in the water.
    -- Kelly Preston

#Water #Hawaii #Grew Up

• When people are worried about the future, they don't take trips to Hawaii.
    -- Linda Lingle

#People #Hawaii #Worried

• I truly believe the brightest days lie ahead for the Great State of Hawaii.
    -- Linda Lingle

#Lying #Believe #Hawaii

• I ended up in the Army Air Corps in the Pacific, operating out of Ayuka field in Hawaii.
    -- Louis Zamperini

#Army #Air #Hawaii

• Indian-styled garments are very popular in the U.S., especially in areas near the beach, like Hawaii and Los Angeles.
    -- Maggie Grace

#Beach #Hawaii #Los Angeles

• I thought my book was done, then we went to Hawaii and the whole last chapter happened.
    -- Mariel Hemingway

#Book #Hawaii #Lasts

• Before I became a fighter pilot, everyone said that women didn't have the physical strength. Well, I had just completed the Hawaii Ironman Triathlon.
    -- Martha McSally

#Hawaii #Pilots #Fighter

• Theres nothing - theres nothing - as action-packed as Hawaii Five-O.
    -- Michelle Borth

#Hawaii #Action

• I was in Jersey when the whole World Trade Center thing happened and I felt powerless. So, I went to Hawaii and did a surf movie. It's kind of fluffy.
    -- Michelle Rodriguez

#Hawaii #World #Fluffy

• There are several states where you can get married. But I think I can say without fear of contradiction, 'Paradise awaits.' We'll be happy to welcome you. And if you do get married in another state, think about honeymooning in Hawaii.
    -- Neil Abercrombie

#Gay #Thinking #Hawaii

• Hawaii is not a state of mind, but a state of grace.
    -- Paul Theroux

#Grace #Mind #Hawaii

• Hawaii is absolutely beautiful.
    -- Rachelle Lefevre

#Beautiful #Hawaii

• I've always been under the impression that it would be such a bummer to be in a peaceful place like Hawaii or the tropics and be stressed about catching waves.
    -- Shaun White

#Peaceful #Stressed #Hawaii

• I was born and raised in Honolulu, Hawaii
    -- Steve Case

#Hawaii #Born #Raised

• Jason Lee is the most famous actor from Hawaii I can think of.
    -- Tia Carrere

#Thinking #Hawaii #Jason

• I'm of Filipino, Spanish, and Chinese descent, and was raised on Hawaii.
    -- Tia Carrere

#Chinese #Hawaii #Filipino

• If there's a Disney animated feature based in Hawaii, I knew I had to be part of it. I'm very proud to be from Hawaii. There was no question the role was mine.
    -- Tia Carrere

#Hawaii #Proud #Roles

• As a territory, American Samoa has no representation in the U.S. Senate, and we Samoans lost a respected and powerful ally with the passing of Hawaii Sen. Daniel Inouye.
    -- Troy Polamalu

#Powerful #Hawaii #Territory

• I love Hawaii. I really enjoy surfing in Oahu, and Waianae is such a great area. And Maui - I like Maui a lot, too.
    -- Troy Polamalu

#Surfing #Maui #Hawaii

• I am privileged to be able to work for the people of Hawaii in whatever capacity.
    -- Tulsi Gabbard

#People #Able #Hawaii

• In Hawaii, there are 50-year-old grandfathers, because they got married so early.
    -- Cary-Hiroyuki Tagawa

#Years #Grandfather #Hawaii

• My kids have never known me not working on The Bachelor. But they've lived in Paris and Italy and been to Hawaii and Bora-Bora with me, and it's incredible to me that they've had these experiences.
    -- Chris Harrison

#Kids #Paris #Hawaii

• Barack H. Obama is a landmark presidential figure as the first black, multiracial, multicultural president from Hawaii and the Pacific.
    -- Dinesh Sharma

#Presidential #Black #Hawaii

• It doesn't matter if the Republican or the Democratic candidate wins the governorship [of Hawaii]. Either one is already in the kingdom.
    -- Ed Silvoso

#Winning #Hawaii #Kingdoms

• I don't like to spend money when I'm traveling. I like to go places like Hawaii and not spend money. I splurge on time.
    -- Jonny Weston

#Hawaii

• If you don’t have at least a working knowledge of the Hawaiian language… you can’t chant well. You cannot… receive the images of poetry paints for you. It’s like having peas and no pod.
    -- Keali'i Reichel

#Hawaii #Language #Paint

• I had done 'Die Hard' and it was somebody's franchise. I actually just got done with the 'Hawaii Five-O' pilot and I was developing some things of my own. So 'Total Recall' one of those projects that I read wanting more not to like it.
    -- Len Wiseman

#Done #Hawaii #Pilots

• I grew up in Hawaii and I think those islands are some of the most amazing places on the planet.
    -- Mateus Ward

#Thinking #Islands #Hawaii

• [Barack] Obama isn't pointing to anyone, and certainly doesn't like it when others note (correctly) that his influences were the likes of Saul Alinsky, the Chicagoan and modern founder of community organizing, or Frank Marshall Davis, the communist journalist and agitator from Chicago who mentored Obama in Hawaii in the latter 1970s, and who Obama warmly acknowledges in his memoirs.
    -- Paul Kengor

#Community #Chicago #Hawaii

• You are the lei I entwine with the beauty of your smile.
    -- Robert Cazimero

#Your Smile #Hawaii

• I'm not sure it's possible to stay in Hawaii. It's kind of impractical.
    -- Terry O'Quinn

#Hawaii #Kind #Not Sure

• There's nothing - there's nothing - as action-packed as 'Hawaii Five-O.'
    -- Michelle Borth

#Hawaii #Action #Five

• I'm quadracontinental. I've got a life in London, New York, L.A. and Hawaii.
    -- Rebecca Mader

#New York #Hawaii #London

• If you don’t have at least a working knowledge of the Hawaiian language… you can’t chant well. You cannot… receive the images of poetry paints for you. It’s like having peas and no pod.
    -- Keali'i Reichel

#Hawaii #Language #Paint