Empowering quotes

• You're going through the horror of it, you're going through the isolation of it but you're being empowered by reminding yourself that you're connected to everybody else.
    -- Adam Arkin

#Empowering #Horror #Isolation

• The Internet empowers individuals to play a more active role in the political process, as Obama's campaign has manifested.
    -- Al Gore

#Play #Political #Empowering

• You empower what you fight.You withdraw power from what you release.
    -- Alan Cohen

#Fighting #Empowering #Release

• I see my body as an instrument, rather than an ornament.
    -- Alanis Morissette

#Caring #Feminist #Empowering

• I found that the more truthful and vulnerable I was, the more empowering it was for me.
    -- Alanis Morissette

#Empowering #Truthful #Vulnerable

• Porting a Google App Engine app written in Python to Go: Although I'm new to Go I get much quicker results than I've got with Python. Never used a language before that empowers you to solve problems as quick as Go does
    -- Aleksandr Mikhailovich Orlov

#Python #Empowering #Google

• A lot of food shows need only to tempt. Some food shows only need to inspire, to empower. And there are a lot of shows that do that.
    -- Alton Brown

#Empowering #Inspire #Needs

• Empowering women is key to building a future we want
    -- Amartya Sen

#Keys #Empowering #Want

• When disease took my legs, I eventually realized I didn't need them to lead a full, empowering life; Only True Disability Is in Our Mind.
    -- Amy Purdy

#Inspirational #Motivational #Empowering

• With my new venture, Club Mom, we want to empower moms to feel their value and also build their collective power to make their lives better and easier. We want to bring them together as a community to share experiences and information.
    -- Andrew Shue

#Mom #Empowering #Community

• Your love is the ultimate love that empowers all your efforts, a true love for what is indestructibly and perpetually you.
    -- Andrew W.K.

#Love Is #Empowering #Effort

• Becoming a producer enables you to empower yourself, to make the film that you want to make. I have desires to make movies - I have movies I'm developing, and things that I'm interested in.
    -- Andy Garcia

#Empowering #Desire #Want

• Neither the chains of dictatorship nor the fetters of oppression can keep down the forces of freedom for long.
    -- Angela Merkel

#Women #Long #Empowering

• The best possible preparation of success is empower yourself with trust in self capabilities.
    -- Anil Sinha

#Self #Empowering #Preparation

• By boosting oversight and accountability, we can empower the VA in its core mission of helping the men and women who have served our country.
    -- Ann Kirkpatrick

#Country #Men #Empowering

• This is a lyrical guide that addresses the deep human yearning to make a difference. It's full of indelible stories reminding us that, yes, helping people is hard-but it's both possible and infinitely rewarding. A Path Appears offers practical steps that any of us can take to empower others, and ourselves.
    -- Anne Rice

#Differences #People #Empowering

• I have always wanted to do something high octane. I've wanted to tackle an action role where I play a tomboy but empower myself as a woman.
    -- Annie Ilonzeh

#Play #Empowering #Roles

• The power of HEART is much stronger than the power of MIND to empower our life.
    -- Anuj

#Heart #Empowering #Mind

• The empowerment of girls and women is an essential tool to preventing the HIV/AIDS emergency from exploding any further
    -- Ashley Judd

#Girl #Empowering #Empowerment

• As a Goodwill Ambassador for YouthAIDS, I've learned that the face of AIDS is increasingly young and female. By educating young people and empowering them to make the right choices we can stop the spread of HIV/AIDS
    -- Ashley Judd

#People #Choices #Empowering

• When we speak we are afraid our words will not be heard or welcomed. But when we are silent, we are still afraid. So it is better to speak.
    -- Audre Lorde

#Honesty #Silence #Empowering

• The failure of academic feminists to recognize difference as a crucial strength is a failure to reach beyond the first patriarchal lesson. In our world, divide and conquer must become define and empower.
    -- Audre Lorde

#Our World #Differences #Empowering

• Once we begin to feel deeply all the aspects of our lives, we begin to demand from ourselves and from our life-pursuits that they feel in accordance with that joy which we know ourselves to be capable of. Our erotic knowledge empowers us, becomes a lens through which we scrutinize all aspects of our existence, forcing us to evaluate those aspects honestly in terms of their relative meaning within our lives. . . .
    -- Audre Lorde

#Empowering #Joy #Lenses

• The best way to help Burma is to empower the people of Burma, to help us have enough self-confidence to obtain what we want for ourselves.
    -- Aung San Suu Kyi

#Self Confidence #People #Empowering

• Writing is an incredibly creatively empowering experience for me. It is the place where nobody tries to control what I'm doing.
    -- B. D. Wong

#Writing #Empowering #Trying

• Empowering women isn’t just the right thing to do - it’s the smart thing to do.
    -- Barack Obama

#Smart #Empowering #Empowering Women

• Animals can always read your vibration, and if you are intent on empowering your life, they will often gift you by making special melodies of sound to balance your chakras and tune up your body.
    -- Barbara Marciniak

#Animal #Empowering #Special

• I am also very proud to be a liberal. Why is that so terrible these days? The liberals were liberatorsthey fought slavery, fought for women to have the right to vote, fought against Hitler, Stalin, fought to end segregation, fought to end apartheid. Liberals put an end to child labor and they gave us the five day work week! What's to be ashamed of?
    -- Barbra Streisand

#Children #Women #Empowering

• When I take kids into the woods, I tell them, "What we're going to do today is going to be incredibly dangerous." And you just see 20 smiles go up. "But, we're also going to learn to look after each other, who to work together and who to understand and manage that risk." That's what it's about, you don't empower kids if you don't expose them to risk.
    -- Bear Grylls

#Kids #Empowering #Risk

• Evolutionary learning calls upon our creative potentials as it empowers us to envision images of the future and bring those images to life by design.
    -- Bela H. Banathy

#Future #Design #Empowering

• Privilege is not in and of itself bad; what matters is what we do with privilege. I want to live in a world where all women have access to education, and all women can earn PhD’s, if they so desire. Privilege does not have to be negative, but we have to share our resources and take direction about how to use our privilege in ways that empower those who lack it.
    -- Bell Hooks

#What Matters #Empowering #Desire

• I think you choose how you walk through this life. I think if you choose to participate in a paradigm that is looks-based, if you're an actor, then it can be empowering in some ways, and it can be really limiting in some ways in terms of time and longevity.
    -- Bellamy Young

#Thinking #Empowering #Looks

• I really feel there's no limitation on what this band can do in the studio or on the stage. That's an empowering feeling - that we can bring a song to life.
    -- Ben Harper

#Song #Empowering #Feelings

• Millions of children are disempowered and we need to empower them.
    -- Ben Kingsley

#Children #Empowering #Needs

• To make peace, one must be an uncompromising leader. To make peace, one must also embody compromise.
    -- Benazir Bhutto

#Empowering #Leader #Compromise

• The Secret Language of Your Body truly is the essential guide to restore your body to its healthiest state and assist you to heal your life. Inna Segal offers invaluable insights into the underlying causes of illness and disease and provides practical advice which will undoubtedly empower many to self-heal. So read on and learn from the wisdom of this book, which can guide you to the life you were truly meant to live.
    -- Bernie Siegel

#Book #Self #Empowering

• Reclaiming the word 'fat' was the most empowering step in my progress. I stopped using it for insult or degradation and instead replaced it with truth, because the truth is that I am fat, and that's ok. So now when someone calls me fat, I agree, whereas before I would get embarrassed and emotional.
    -- Beth Ditto

#Emotional #Empowering #Progress

• I survived because I was tougher than anybody else.
    -- Bette Davis

#Women #Empowering #Inspirational Women

• I know I'm stronger in the songs than I really am. Sometimes I need to hear it myself. We all need to hear those empowering songs to remind us.
    -- Beyonce Knowles

#Song #Empowering #Stronger

• I'll admit that the discovery of evolution is humbling, but it is also empowering. It transforms our relationship to the life around us. Instead of being outsiders watching the natural world go by, we are insiders. We are part of the process; we are the exquisite result of billions of years of natural research and development.
    -- Bill Nye

#Discovery #Years #Empowering

• I always wanted to create a site that was sports and pop culture. '30 for 30 had a big impact because I loved how that was about finding, empowering and working with these incredible directors, and I thought the same thing could work for writers.
    -- Bill Simmons

#Sports #Impact #Empowering

• Even the simplest tools can empower people to do great things.
    -- Biz Stone

#People #Empowering #Tools

• Are your thoughts empowering or limiting?
    -- Bob Proctor

#Empowering

• One of the criticisms we get is, Does the world need more plastic crap? But you have to look beyond the plastic crap, to the design, to the experience, to the empowering nature of the MakerBot and the community.
    -- Bre Pettis

#Design #Empowering #Community

• Only reckless confidence in a Source greater than ourselves can empower us to forgive the woulds inflicted by others.
    -- Brennan Manning

#Empowering #Forgiving #Reckless

• Of all the life skills available to us, communication is perhaps the most empowering.
    -- Bret Morrison

#Communication #Skills #Empowering

• We shouldn't pray for a lighter load to carry but a stronger back to endure! Then the world will see that God is with us, empowering us to live in a way that reflects his love and power.
    -- Brother Yun

#Empowering #Stronger #World

• I love acting because it's empowering. It empowers me.
    -- Bryan Cranston

#Empowering #Acting

• Women – love each other, support each other, defend each other. It comes at a greater cost to you to attack the women around you than it does to empower them.
    -- Caitlin Stasey

#Empowering #Support #Doe

• Reimagine a way communities can be rebuilt.
    -- Candy Chang

#Empowering #Community #Way

• True love is not giving power to the other person, but instead is empowering you to make that person happy.
    -- Carlos Salinas de Gortari

#Love #Giving #Empowering

• For god is nothing other than the eternally creative source of our relational power, our common strength, a god whose movement is to empower, bringing us into our own together, a god whose name in history is love ...
    -- Carter Heyward

#God #Names #Empowering

• I want to give some positive messages and to empower some people.
    -- Chaka Khan

#People #Giving #Empowering

• Service is an opportunity for young women to really empower themselves.
    -- Chelsea Clinton

#Opportunity #Empowering #Young

• Don't take 'no' for an answer. Keep knocking down walls until someone says 'yes.'
    -- Chelsea Handler

#Wall #Successful #Empowering

• Many stories matter. Stories have been used to dispossess and to malign. But stories can also be used to empower, and to humanize. Stories can break the dignity of a people. But stories can also repair that broken dignity.
    -- Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie

#People #Broken #Empowering

• Having a director who is also an actor makes for that very relaxed way of working and it's empowering.
    -- Chris Hemsworth

#Empowering #Directors #Actors

• The higher the better. It's more about an attitude. High heels empower women in a way.
    -- Christian Louboutin

#Attitude #High Heels #Empowering

• High heels empower women in a way.
    -- Christian Louboutin

#High Heels #Empowering #Way

• The Greatest Pregnancy Ever is a treasure. It should be the very first thing a pregnant woman reads - in fact, every woman who intends to have a baby will be thrilled with the empowering message here.
    -- Christiane Northrup

#Baby #Pregnancy #Empowering

• One of the most powerful tools for empowering individuals and communities is making certain that any individual who wants to receive a quality education can do so.
    -- Christine Gregoire

#Powerful #Empowering #Community

• Strategy equals execution. All the great ideas and visions in the world are worthless if they can't be implemented rapidly and efficiently. Good leaders delegate and empower others liberally, but they pay attention to details, every day.
    -- Colin Powell

#Ideas #Empowering #Leader

• I acknowledged that I owed my presidency to People Power. I resolved during my presidency that I would in turn empower the people.
    -- Corazon Aquino

#People #Empowering #Turns

• If you achieve a voice that will be heard, you should use it to speak up for the voiceless and oppressed. If you possess any power or authority, you must strive to use it to help and empower the powerless.
    -- Craig Murray

#Voice #Empowering #Use

• If you do nothing, that just empowers the gangs.
    -- Curtis Sliwa

#Empowering #Gang

• What our world most requires now is the kind of education that foster love for humankind, that develops character-that provides an intellectual basis for realization of peace and empowers learners to contribute to and improve society.
    -- Daisaku Ikeda

#Character #Our World #Empowering

• Math has a lot of negative stereotypes, but it can actually be fun and incredibly empowering.
    -- Danica McKellar

#Fun #Math #Empowering

• He knows that you have ability and what he does is he manipulates it and sort of empowers you.
    -- Daniel Craig

#Empowering #Doe #Ability

• Having a gun in your hand is very empowering.
    -- Daniela Ruah

#Gun #Hands #Empowering

• I got real important relationships in my life that are very empowering relationships.
    -- Dave Chappelle

#Real #Empowering #Important

• Only a knowledgeable, empowered and vocal citizenry can perform well in democracy.
    -- David Brin

#Empowering #Political #Democracy

• Our team isn’t changing. …  And our mission – to empower creators to make their best work and get it in front of the audience they deserve – certainly isn’t changing.
    -- David Karp

#Team #Empowering #Missions

• The Epson M-Tracer provides real-time feedback and immediate solutions that help golfers develop a more efficient and powerful swing. This information empowers golfers to improve their swing in an easy and intuitive manner, ultimately resulting in lower scores and more fun.
    -- David Leadbetter

#Fun #Powerful #Empowering

• True leadership strengthens the followers. It is a process of teaching, setting an example, and empowering others. If you seek to lead, your ability will ultimately be measured in the successes of those around you.
    -- David Niven

#Leadership #Teaching #Empowering

• Leadership is building a bridge that connects the vision with the purpose, in order to empower those who are around us.
    -- David Walker

#Order #Bridges #Empowering

• Allowing God to charge our lives that we may empower people around us to live In a greater relationship with him.
    -- David Walker

#People #Empowering #May

• The world we think we see is only a view, a collective description of the world that we create through our belief systems. Accepting this fact seems to be one of the most empowering things one can do.
    -- David Wolfe

#Thinking #Views #Empowering

• Remember, all the answers you need are inside of you; you only have to become quiet enough to hear them.
    -- Debbie Ford

#Inspirational #Women #Empowering

• Let us realize that engagement and detachment aren't opposite-the more engaged we become, the more detached we will have to be..
    -- Deepak Chopra

#Inspiring #Opposites #Empowering

• Real power comes by empowering others.
    -- Denis Waitley

#Real #Empowering #Empowering Others

• On Capitol Hill, House Republicans have been doing our part. We've been hard at work developing policies that will help empower all Americans. We're beginning to see results. We reduced taxes for everyone.
    -- Dennis Hastert

#House #Empowering #Helping

• If we succeed in empowering girls, we'll succeed in everything else.
    -- Desmond Tutu

#Girl #Empowering #Succeed

• I've never met a woman who is not strong, but sometimes they don't let it out. Then there's a tragedy, and then all of a sudden that strength comes. My message is let the strength come out before the tragedy.
    -- Diane von Furstenberg

#Strong #Empowering #Tragedy

• I wanted to be an empowered woman, and I became an empowered woman. And now I want to empower every woman. And I do it through my clothes, I do it through my words, I do it through my money, I do it through everything.
    -- Diane von Furstenberg

#Clothes #Empowering #Want

• I always wanted to be a femme fatale. Even when I was a young girl, I never really wanted to be a girl. I wanted to be a woman.
    -- Diane von Furstenberg

#Girl #Empowering #Female

• If Congress does its job in this regard, the residents of Puerto Rico will be empowered to act in their own self-interest and express their future political status aspirations accordingly.
    -- Dick Thornburgh

#Jobs #Self #Empowering

• Instead of generating either unnecessary alarm or a false sense of security regarding these fundamental issues, the best course is to empower people with the truth.
    -- Dick Thornburgh

#Issues #People #Empowering

• I thoroughly enjoy the work I do in helping motivate and empower young girls to celebrate and love their natural selves.
    -- Dominique Dawes

#Girl #Self #Empowering

• The need for empowering investors to have information on the way their own money is invested is not going away.
    -- Donald Luskin

#Empowering #Going Away #Information

• I loved the world of roller derby because I thought it was such an empowering metaphor, that you get out there and do it. It's such a rocker, athletic, capable, cool exhibitionist sport; it's about this great sort of camaraderie.
    -- Drew Barrymore

#Sports #Empowering #Athletic

• When man listens, God speaks; when man obeys, God acts; when man prays, God empowers.
    -- E. Stanley Jones

#Men #Empowering #Praying

• The real work of feminism is to empower a woman and to give her language to express a new value system for the world. The new feminism must create both the process by which we generate influence and the influence itself.
    -- Elizabeth Lesser

#Real #Giving #Empowering

• The size of your dreams must always exceed your current capacity to achieve them. If your dreams do not scare you, they are not big enough.
    -- Ellen Johnson Sirleaf

#Dream #Women #Empowering

• Hope is the motivation that empowers the unemployed, enabling them to get out of bed every single morning with unbounded enthusiasm as they look for work.
    -- Emanuel Cleaver

#Morning #Motivation #Empowering

• That's really empowering - people recognize that I care about other things.
    -- Emmanuelle Chriqui

#People #Empowering #Care

• The myth of the liberal media empowers conservatives to control debate in the United States to the point where liberals cannot even hope for a fair shake anymore.
    -- Eric Alterman

#Media #Empowering #United States

• stop fixing your bodies and start fixing the world!
    -- Eve Ensler

#Empowering #World #Body

• The Internet can empower groups whose aims are in fact antithetical to democracy.
    -- Evgeny Morozov

#Empowering #Democracy #Groups

• Be the catalyst for change. Empowering women, empowering humanity
    -- Farhan Akhtar

#Empowering #Humanity #Empowering Women

• The true wealth of a community is measured by how carefully it listens to its women and how sincerely it values their wisdom. Empowering women empowers us all.
    -- Forest Whitaker

#Empowering #Community #Wealth