Enchantment quotes

• To the one who knows how to look and feel, every moment of this free wandering life is an enchantment.
    -- Alexandra David-Neel

#Enchantment #Looks #Life Is

• I have always felt it a great privilege to be in the theater, and I am grateful to all the playwrights who have given me so many wonderful roles. It's a terrifying business, but it has its compensations. Where else could I have found someone who for 50 years has given me sheer enchantment?
    -- Alfred Lunt

#Grateful #Years #Enchantment

• Nothing is ever truly gone... Not for me, nor for any human being. We can only go forward, unless we are guests in some enchantment that is not is ours. We are condemned to an endless present, and we can never go back-the source of all our joy, and all our sorrow." -Hem at Zelika's grave
    -- Alison Croggon

#Joy #Sorrow #Enchantment

• Stories are the only enchantment possible, for when we begin to see our suffering as a story, we are saved.
    -- Anais Nin

#Suffering #Enchantment #Stories

• I am in the middle of it: chaos and poetry; poetry and love and again, complete chaos. Pain, disorder, occasional clarity; and at the bottom of it all: only love; poetry. Sheer enchantment, fear, humiliation. It all comes with love
    -- Anna Akhmatova

#Pain #And Love #Enchantment

• It is the dim haze of mystery that adds enchantment to pursuit.
    -- Antoine Rivarol

#Fog #Enchantment #Add

• My life is like a music-hall,Where, in the impotence of rage,Chained by enchantment to my stall,I see myself upon the stageDance to amuse a music-hall.
    -- Arthur Symons

#Life Is Like #Enchantment #Rage

• In figure painting, the type of all painting, I have endeavoured to set forth that the principal if not sole source of life enchantments are Tactile Values, Movement and Space Composition.
    -- Bernard Berenson

#Space #Enchantment #Movement

• The delight we experience when we allow ourselves to respond to a fairy tale, the enchantment we feel, comes not from the psychological meaning of the tale (although this contributes to it) but from its literary qualities-the tale itself as a work of art,
    -- Bruno Bettelheim

#Art #Quality #Enchantment

• Enchantment is the oldest form of medicine.
    -- Carl Jung

#Medicine #Enchantment #Form

• Witchery is merely a word for what we are all capable of -- heightened nightsight, an empathy shared with the beasts, a utilization of the more obscure abilities of our minds. Nothing that science can't explain away. Wizardry is spells and enchantments. Fairy tales.
    -- Charles de Lint

#Empathy #Mind #Enchantment

• I was always fascinated by fairy stories, fantasy, you know, demons, necromancers, gods and goddesses, everything that is out of our kin and out of our everyday world. I was always interested in enchantment and magicians and still am.
    -- Christopher Lee

#Everyday #Enchantment #Stories

• [At a musical concert:] . . . the music's pure algebra of enchantment.
    -- Conrad Aiken

#Music #Enchantment #Concerts

• People who mattered could not take the humdrum world. But this was not the world, it was enchantment; and all of it was mine.
    -- Daphne du Maurier

#People #Enchantment #World

• One of the things I've discovered at my age is I must have enchantment. And that was not clear to me in my earlier years. When I look at my favorite films, the Frank Capra - even Scorsese, even 'Goodfellas,' what makes that movie so remarkable is there's enchantment in their world.
    -- David O. Russell

#Years #Age #Enchantment

• We have a need for enchantment that is as deep and devoted as our need for food and water.
    -- Derrick Jensen

#Inspiring #Water #Enchantment

• Relief work does not consist entirely in wearisome appeals ... it has its moments of enchantment, its adventures, its unexpected vistas into new worlds
    -- Eglantyne Jebb

#Adventure #Doe #Enchantment

• The last of Summer is Delight - Deterred by Retrospect. 'Tis Ecstasy's revealed Review - Enchantment's Syndicate. To meet it - nameless as it is - Without celestial Mail - Audacious as without a Knock To walk within the Veil.
    -- Emily Dickinson

#Summer #Enchantment #Delight

• Entitlement is the opposite of enchantment.
    -- Guy Kawasaki

#Opposites #Enchantment #Entitlement

• If we study Nature attentively in its great evolutions as in its minutest works, we cannot fail to recognize the possibility of enchantment - giving to that word its exact significance.
    -- Honore de Balzac

#Nature #Giving #Enchantment

• Reality lies in the greatest enchantment you have ever experienced.
    -- Hugo von Hofmannsthal

#Lying #Reality #Enchantment

• Where is your Self to be found? Always in the deepest enchantment that you have experienced.
    -- Hugo von Hofmannsthal

#Self #Enchantment #Found

• Art is enchantment and artists have the right of spells.
    -- Jeanette Winterson

#Art #Artist #Enchantment

• Although, of course, my definition of evil is not everybody else's. Evil is being involved in the glamour and charm of material existence, glamour in its old Gaelic sense meaning enchantment with the look of things, rather than the soul of things.
    -- Kenneth Anger

#Evil #Soul #Enchantment

• That is why your sacrifice was all the more difficult. You chose to be a hero not through enchantment but through your own manhood.
    -- Lloyd Alexander

#Hero #Sacrifice #Enchantment

• Storytelling draws on the magic of language to created Elsewheres. Writers use a linguistic sleight-of-hand to take an attribute, attach them to new objects, and create enchantment.
    -- Maria Tatar

#Hands #Magic #Enchantment

• I do not understand how anyone can live without some small place of enchantment to turn to.
    -- Marjorie Kinnan Rawlings

#Religion #Enchantment #Turns

• Maybe all wondrous books appear in our lives the way Milo’s tollbooth appears, an inexplicable gift, cast up by some curious chance that comes to feel, after we have finished and fallen in love with the book, like the workings of a secret purpose. Of all the enchantments of beloved books the most mysterious-the most phantasmal-is the way they always seem to come our way precisely when we need them.
    -- Michael Chabon

#Book #Secret #Enchantment

• I thought: pity the poor in spirit who know neither the enchantment nor the beauty of language.
    -- Muriel Barbery

#Enchantment #Spirit #Language

• When something is bothering me, I seek refuge. No need to travel far; a trip to the realm of literary memory will suffice. For where can one find more noble distraction, more entertaining company, more delightful enchantment than in literature?
    -- Muriel Barbery

#Memories #Enchantment #Needs

• Elves are wonderful. They provoke wonder. Elves are marvellous. They cause marvels. Elves are fantastic. They create fantasies. Elves are glamorous. They project glamour. Elves are enchanting. They weave enchantment. Elves are terrific. They beget terror. The thing about words is that meanings can twist just like a snake, and if you want to find snakes look for them behind words that have changed their meaning. No one ever said elves are nice. Elves are bad.
    -- Terry Pratchett

#Nice #Snakes #Enchantment

• A false enchantment can all too easily last a lifetime.
    -- W. H. Auden

#Love #Lasts #Enchantment

• The cult of happiness turns into a huge concern which to my opinion is exactly contrary to what happiness should be: a paradise of enchantment.
    -- Pascal Bruckner

#Enchantment #Paradise #Opinion

• Pop music is not just a clumsy mass fanaticism, connected to a deceitful enchantment totally lacking in moral rigour.
    -- Paul Morley

#Enchantment #Moral #Deceitful

• To live without that enchantment of beauty is to interpret frugality and simple living with a puritan literalism
    -- John Lane

#Simple #Enchantment #Puritan