Bosnia quotes

• As far as the sovereignty of Bosnia-Hercegovina is concerned we agreed to have limited sovereignty for a limited time and that is clear from the Dayton Agreement.
    -- Alija Izetbegovic

#Agreement #Bosnia #Limited Time

• I would sacrifice peace for a sovereign Bosnia-Herzegovina ... but for that peace in Bosnia-Herzegovina I would not sacrifice sovereignty.
    -- Alija Izetbegovic

#Sacrifice #Bosnia #Sovereign

• The international community is pushing things forward in Bosnia... but it is doing it at expense of the Muslim people. I feel it as an injustice, these are the things that I cannot live with.
    -- Alija Izetbegovic

#People #Community #Bosnia

• We Bosniaks would for sure fight for integrity of Bosnia.
    -- Alija Izetbegovic

#Integrity #Fighting #Bosnia

• Yet, only years after the Nazi-era, millions were sent to their deaths in places such as Cambodia, Bosnia and Rwanda, and the world once again took too long to act.
    -- Allyson Schwartz

#Years #Long #Bosnia

• It's not Beirut or Bosnia.
    -- Carl Froch

#Motivation #Bosnia #Fighter

• Our inability to relate to one another is very, very, very important. When we don't have it, we get situations like Bosnia
    -- Edward James Olmos

#Important #Inability #Bosnia

• I am hopeful that no one will forget what happened in Bosnia.
    -- Fatos Nano

#Hopeful #Bosnia #Forget

• Bosnia is a country of hatred and fear.
    -- Ivo Andric

#Country #Hatred #Bosnia

• To many Congressmen and Senators right now, there's a ceaseless antagonism toward Hollywood because politically, it is high-reward and low-risk. So when you can't do anything about poverty or the budget deficit, and you can't deal with Bosnia or the possibility of nuclear explosions in Russia, what do you do? You bash Hollywood and get on the front pages.
    -- Jack Valenti

#Russia #Risk #Bosnia

• I don't think that what's going on in Bosnia is political activity. It's partly political, but it's partly atavistic as well.
    -- John Keegan

#Thinking #Political #Bosnia

• I certainly think that another Holocaust can happen again. It did already occur; think of Cambodia, Rwanda, and Bosnia.
    -- Miep Gies

#Thinking #Holocaust #Bosnia

• I don't think Bosnia is ready for reconciliation, but I do think it is ready for truth.
    -- Paddy Ashdown

#Thinking #Bosnia #Ready

• I maintain my conviction that there are NO pyramids at Visoko, Bosnia. Rather, all the so-called pyramids are the result of natural geological processes and phenomena that are currently being 'excavated' (i.e., modified) to look like pyramids.
    -- Robert M. Schoch

#Pyramids #Looks #Bosnia

• Consider that in a galaxy far, far away (otherwise known as the 1990s), President Clinton felt that he had to assure an isolationist Republican Congress - repeat after me, an isolationist Republican Congress - that the 20,000 U.S. peacekeeping troops he promised Bosnia as part of the Dayton Accords would only stay deployed for a single calendar year.
    -- Matt Welch

#Years #President #Bosnia

• What worries me is that we want to close down our relationship to the world at large. In other words, people's instincts are overwhelmed by the amount of images, or they can't distinguish anymore between Rwanda or Bosnia or Somalia.
    -- Susan Meiselas

#People #Worry #Bosnia