Ozone quotes

• It's so easy to demagogue the issue and make someone who speaks out against the internal-combustion engine sound like an insane communist, when the truth is that the internal-combustion engine is the biggest threat to our lives, in terms of what it's doing to our environment and how it's depleting the ozone layer and so forth.
    -- Bill Maher

#Issues #Ozone #Insane

• So I'm going to go on and work on preserving the ozone layer, encouraging everyone to recycle.
    -- Dean Stockwell

#Ozone #Goes On #Layers

• When I was a kid, we never heard of smog, ozone depletion, acid rain, green house gasses.
    -- Dennis Weaver

#Rain #Kids #Ozone

• I called all the major network news bureaus, including Public Radio, and reported ozone AIDS cures coming out of Europe. Not a single reporter or show called back for details. I wrote and sent documentation to all the 'household word' TV talk show hosts who make their living acting 'concerned' and I tried all the 'AIDS fund raising spokespeople', show business celebs, even sending proof of their home addresses, but as of yet not one single phone call or inquiry came back for more.
    -- Ed McCabe

#Cancer #Home #Ozone

• Ozone Man, Ozone. He's crazy, way out, far out, man.
    -- George H. W. Bush

#Crazy #Men #Ozone

• as a physician I examine the dying planet as I do a dying patient. The earth has a natural system of interacting homeostatic mechanisms similar to the human body's. If one system is diseased, like the ozone layer, then other systems develop abnormalities in function - the crops will die, the plankton will be damaged, and the eyes of all creatures on the planet will become diseased and vision impaired.
    -- Helen Caldicott

#Eye #Ozone #Vision

• Increasingly, our leaders must deal with dangers that threaten the entire world, where an understanding of those dangers and the possible solutions depends on a good grasp of science. The ozone layer, the greenhouse effect, acid rain, questions of diet and heredity. All require scientific literacy. Can Americans choose the proper leaders and support the proper programs if they themselves are scientifically illiterate? The whole premise of democracy is that it is safe to leave important questions to the court of public opinion-but is it safe to leave them to the court of public ignorance?
    -- Isaac Asimov

#Rain #Ignorance #Ozone

• Despite Arizona's remarkable growth in recent years, we have met the current federal health standards for ozone pollution and the Environmental Protection Agency recently approved our dust control plan.
    -- Jane D. Hull

#Dust #Years #Ozone

• Supercars are supposed to run over Arthur Scargill and then run over him again for good measure. They are designed to melt ice caps, kill the poor, poison the water table, destroy the ozone layer, decimate indigenous wildlife, recapture the Falkland Islands and turn the entire third world into a huge uninhabitable desert, all that before they nicked all the oil in the world
    -- Jeremy Clarkson

#Running #Islands #Ozone

• Do you really want to know why I'm doing all this goodwill, and why I'm an ambassador for Habitat for Humanity and why I gave a million to [relief efforts for Hurricane] Katrina? It's because I feel guilty about the huge hole in the ozone layer my haircuts created. It's my responsibility to right the wrongs of the Eighties.
    -- Jon Bon Jovi

#Responsibility #Ozone #Effort

• We're looking at Earth science, observing our planet. Also space science, looking at the ozone in the atmosphere around our Earth. Also looking at life science. And on a human level, using ourselves as test subjects.
    -- Laurel Clark

#Ozone #Space #Atmosphere

• Now aren't you glad I made you take a bath?" Bill asked. "One less bottle of eau de reekette punching holes in l'ozone.
    -- Lauren Kate

#Ozone #Baths #Punching

• Safe sex, safe music, safe clothing, safe hair spray, safe ozone layer. Too late! Everything that's been achieved in the history of mankind has been achieved by not being safe.
    -- Lemmy Kilmister

#Sex #Ozone #Hair

• It's absolutely stupid that we live without an ozone layer. We have men, we've got rockets, we've got saran wrap - fix it!
    -- Lewis Black

#Stupid #Men #Ozone

• The unthinkable is that we're distorting this atmospheric balance. We're shifting the chemical balance so that we have more poisons in the atmosphere - ozones and acid rain on ground level - while we're also changing the thermal climate of the earth through the greenhouse effect and - get this - simultaneously causing destruction of our primary filter of ultraviolet light. It's incredible. Talk about the national-debt crisis - we're piling up debts in the atmosphere, and the piper will want to be paid.
    -- Michael Oppenheimer

#Rain #Ozone #Light

• The Crone, the Reaper... She is the Dark Moon, what you don't see coming at you, what you don't get away with, the wind that whips the spark across the fire line. Chance, you could say, or, what's scarier still: the intersection of chance with choices and actions made before. The brush that is tinder dry from decades of drought, the warming of the earth's climate that sends the storms away north, the hole in the ozone layer. Not punishment, not even justice, but consequence.
    -- Starhawk

#Dark #Moon #Ozone

• If you want a higher power, go to the ***** sun. Just go to the sun - and stop destroying the ozone layer.
    -- Susan Powter

#Ozone #Want #Layers

• Language is the soul’s ozone layer and we thin it at our peril.
    -- Sven Birkerts

#Ozone #Soul #Layers

• I had been right: freedom smelled like ozone and thunderstorms and gunpowder all at once, like snow and bonfires and cut grass, it tasted like seawater and oranges.
    -- Tana French

#Cutting #Ozone #Orange

• The journey to a different future must begin by defining the problem differently than we have done until now. . The task is not to find substitutes for chemicals that disrupt hormones, attack the ozone layer, or cause still undiscovered problems, though it may be necessary to use replacements as a temporary measure. The task that confronts us over the next half century is one of redesign.
    -- Theo Colborn

#Inspiring #Journey #Ozone

• Ozone and climate are global issues, and it's hard to find a way in which the benefits of shutting down carbon emissions are going to pay for themselves for any given power-plant, say.
    -- Ramez Naam

#Carbon Emissions #Issues #Ozone

• I think we learn slowly as a group, but we learn. The ozone layer is still there.
    -- Eden Robinson

#Thinking #Ozone #Groups

• The technological overflow from scientific research has brought scientific research this bad name about carrying an irresponsibility and an alienation from God - because scientific research has led to things like the atom bomb, it's led to problems with depletion of ozone in the Earth's atmosphere, or at least it's revealed those problems.
    -- George Coyne

#Ozone #Names #Atmosphere

• If you don’t know how to fix it, please, stop breaking it.
    -- Severn Cullis-Suzuki

#Ozone #Please #Know How

• Language is the soul’s ozone layer and we thin it at our peril.
    -- Sven Birkerts

#Ozone #Soul #Layers

• Just like there's a hole in the ozone layer, there's a hole in the musical ecological layer [wrt lack of successful "conscious" music]... 'Traditional' music was brand new at one time... When you hear R&B today, do you believe it?
    -- Vernon Reid

#Believe #Successful #Ozone