Pennsylvania quotes

• Most Americans probably aren't aware that there was a time in this country when tanks and cavalry were massed on Pennsylvania Avenue to chase away the unemployed.
    -- Andy Grove

#Country #Tanks #Pennsylvania

• It's been a great privilege to serve the people of Pennsylvania.
    -- Arlen Specter

#People #Pennsylvania #Privilege

• I'm a regular at a hospital in Pennsylvania. The Riddle Hospital in Media, Pennsylvania.
    -- Bam Margera

#Media #Pennsylvania #Riddle

• Pennsylvania couldn't be prouder of our native son, Joe Biden from Scranton. No one knows us better than Joe.
    -- Bob Casey, Jr.

#Son #Pennsylvania #Biden

• I was never really a child actor. I was working sporadically in indie films in Pennsylvania, but I was still living at home.
    -- Charlie McDermott

#Children #Home #Pennsylvania

• I own property in a quiet little town of Pennsylvania.
    -- Davy Jones

#Pennsylvania #Littles #Towns

• And preserving our open spaces or having them there for recreational purposes is one of the things that contributes to the high level of quality of life that we offer in Pennsylvania, and that also translates into economic benefits.
    -- Ed Rendell

#Space #Quality #Pennsylvania

• I think our forests should be preserved as much as humanly possible for recreation and just for enjoyment of the natural beauty of Pennsylvania.
    -- Ed Rendell

#Thinking #Pennsylvania #Forests

• Well, the infrastructure part of the stimulus has worked. There's absolutely no question about it. We can demonstrate in Pennsylvania and other states around the union how it's produced good, paying jobs both on the construction sites and back in American factories. It has worked.
    -- Ed Rendell

#Jobs #Pennsylvania #Unions

• When I graduated from the University of Pennsylvania I had a baby in one arm, a diploma in the other and I didn't know where I was going in life.
    -- Gloria Allred

#Baby #Pennsylvania #Arms

• Pennsylvania is Philadelphia and Pittsburgh with Alabama in between.
    -- James Carville

#Philadelphia #Pennsylvania #Alabama

• A Pennsylvania woman convicted for shoplifting was sentenced to wear a badge that reads "Convicted Shoplifter." However, her lawyers hope to plea bargain down to a bumper sticker reading "I'd Rather Be Stealing!.
    -- Jimmy Fallon

#Reading #Pennsylvania #Lawyer

• I went to a local high school in Lancaster. Not much I can say about it; it was pretty much your typical public high school back in Pennsylvania.
    -- Jonathan Groff

#School #Typical #Pennsylvania

• During the early 1960s, I decided to supplement research support for quantitative economic studies at Pennsylvania by selling econometric forecasts to private and public sector buyers.
    -- Lawrence Klein

#Support #Pennsylvania #Research

• Now that Hillary [Clinton] has won Pennsylvania, it will take a village to help Obama escape from the suffocating embrace of his rival. Certainly Howard Dean will be of no use steering her to the exit. It's like Micronesia telling Russia to denuke.
    -- Maureen Dowd

#Russia #Pennsylvania #Use

• Senator Arlen Specter hasn't really switched parties; he's simply realized he cannot win the Pennsylvania Republican primary election
    -- Michael Reagan

#Party #Winning #Pennsylvania

• Note that the #1 Top Reviewer at Amazon (4550 book reviews) is Harriet Klausner, formerly an acquisitions librarian in Pennsylvania. This just goes to show that librarians were destined to rule the Web.
    -- Peter Morville

#Book #Acquisition #Pennsylvania

• The same electorate that is unhappy with [Pennsylvania's] GOP Sen. Rick Santorum appears to have some qualms with Rendell.
    -- Stuart Rothenberg

#Unhappy #Pennsylvania #Unhappiness

• I grew up on a farm in Pennsylvania, where my parents raised German shepherds - we had about 30 dogs at any given time.
    -- Tory Burch

#Dog #Parent #Pennsylvania

• In Pennsylvania, I love the Nemacolin Woodlands Resort in Farmington. It's a scenic area. We also enjoy visiting the Laurel Highlands in Western Pennsylvania. The mountains are really something to be seen, and it's a great area to be outside.
    -- Troy Polamalu

#Mountain #Pennsylvania #Resorts

• Being in nature is inspiring. I grew up in rural Pennsylvania and spent countless hours of my youth wandering the woods in awe of the beauty that exists all around us.
    -- Allison McAtee

#Pennsylvania #Woods #Youth

• I'm fascinated by Catholic mystics, even though I grew up Mennonite in Pennsylvania.
    -- Denison Witmer

#Catholic #Pennsylvania #Grew Up

• Pennsylvania is a state that jasn't gone Republican since 1988.
    -- Jake Tapper

#Pennsylvania #Gone #Republican

• I was born in Beaver Falls, Pennsylvania, in 1917, May the 28th. So you can figure that out; that's a long ways off. Oh, I've been around a long time.
    -- Papa John Creach

#Fall #Long #Pennsylvania

• I'm not a southern lady, I'm from Pennsylvania and we speak sort of correctly there. People identify me that way and they also easily identify me on the street because of my short stature. I get picked out in many ways and no way is a burden.
    -- Zelda Rubinstein

#People #Southern #Pennsylvania

• In a state like Pennsylvania, the paradox is, to win, you have to get the conservative Democrats in the west, but you still have to do well with the collar-county moderates in the east. [Mitt] Romney did fine with the moderates, but not the conservative Democrats. Trump is doing well with the conservative Democrats. Now Trump has to seal the deal with the moderates in the east.
    -- John Brabender

#Winning #Pennsylvania #East

• Pennsylvania might be a parochial state, but it's not a homogeneous state. So, even among just Republican voters, to be able to pull that off, when you have very moderate voters on one side of the state and more conservative in the middle, shows that Donald Trump has very, very broad support.
    -- John Brabender

#Support #Pennsylvania #Might

• If Pat Toomey of Pennsylvania wins, for instance, it will tell Republicans that their own brand hasn't been hurt too badly by [Donald] Trump's negatives.
    -- Mara Liasson

#Hurt #Winning #Pennsylvania