Electronics quotes

• Learn how a 3D printer works. Get inspired. Make your own stuff. It is a wonderful time to be innovative. Connect things together. If youre into electronics, get an Arduino.
    -- Bre Pettis

#Together #Electronics #Stuff

• CES, at its core, isn't a show about electronics. It's a show about time.
    -- David Berkowitz

#Electronics #Shows

• We see portability in electronics being a continuing requirement, higher functionality, better battery life, requiring lower power for the actual electronics.
    -- David Milne

#Batteries #Electronics #Requirements

• I'm not much into current electronic stuff, what I think of as lounge electronics, mumbling electronics.
    -- Derek Bailey

#Thinking #Electronics #Stuff

• When you have trouble with things—whether it's figuring out whether to push or pull a door or the arbitrary vagaries of the modern computer and electronics industries—it's not your fault. Don't blame yourself: blame the designer.
    -- Donald A. Norman

#Doors #Arbitrary #Electronics

• Aladdin in his most intoxicated moments would never have dreamed of asking his [djinn] for [a polaroid] ... It's utterly new in concept and appearance, utilizing an utterly revolutionary flash system, an utterly revolutionary viewing system, utterly revolutionary electronics, and utterly revolutionary film structure.
    -- Edwin Land

#Asking #Electronics #Revolutionary

• Nanoengineering is learning how to make devices as small as 10 to 100 atoms in width. Much of the work is going on in the electronics industry, where there is great demand to pack more components onto computer chips.
    -- George M. Whitesides

#Atoms #Demand #Electronics

• I often think about, 'How do we return to a simpler way of living? Is there some way that we can start to think of each other as human beings again, instead of worshiping money, instead of worshiping electronics, instead of worshiping getting ahead just for me?'
    -- Giancarlo Esposito

#Thinking #Electronics #Way

• Electronics is clearly the winner of the day.
    -- John Ford

#Electronics #Winner

• It seems that every generation needs its public, tweedy, literary personality to sell its consumer electronics. To whatever degree I can live up to the Plimptonian legacy, I am humble and proud.
    -- John Hodgman

#Humble #Personality #Electronics

• When I was a teenager in the late 30's and early 40's, electronics wasn't a word. You were interested in radio if you were interested in electronics.
    -- Ken Olsen

#Teenager #Electronics #Radio

• Consumer electronics is a challenging one.
    -- Kevin B. Rollins

#Challenges #Electronics #Consumers

• My hardcover sales are 17% down in books but up 400% in electronics.
    -- Lisa See

#Book #Electronics

• Private property works like circuitry in electronics, or piping in hydraulics. It conveys wages to the owners of labor power, as well as the various forms of nonwage property income to the owners of capital. In itself, it is no more responsible for maldistribution of purchasing power than the science of bookkeeping is responsible for bankruptcy.
    -- Louis O. Kelso

#Income #Wages #Electronics

• Go where your customers take you! For example, did you know that Sony's first product was a rice cooker? Since abandoning the rice cooker, it has merely managed to become the world's biggest consumer electronics company.
    -- Naveen Jain

#World #Electronics #Firsts

• Miniaturization of electronics started by NASA's push became an entire consumer products industry. Now we're carrying the complete works of Beethoven on a lapel pin listening to it in headphones.
    -- Neil deGrasse Tyson

#Listening #Electronics #Nasa

• The miniaturization of electronics, which ultimately was driven by the marketplace, was started by NASA, because it costs money to get something into orbit. So you want to trim your electronics, miniaturize your electronics, miniaturize your satellites.
    -- Neil deGrasse Tyson

#Cost #Electronics #Want

• Wheeler hopes that we can discover, within the context of physics, a principle that will enable the universe to come into existence "of its own accord." In his search for such a theory, he remarks: "No guiding principle would seem more powerful than the requirement that it should provide the universe with a way to come into being." Wheeler likened this 'self-causing' universe to a self-excited circuit in electronics.
    -- Paul Davies

#Powerful #Self #Electronics

• By the end of this decade, computers will disappear as distinct physical objects, with displays built in our eyeglasses, and electronics woven in our clothing, providing full-immersion visual virtual reality.
    -- Ray Kurzweil

#Reality #Eyeglasses #Electronics

• We are telling our kids that nature is in the past and it probably doesn't count anymore, the future is in electronics, the boogeyman is in the woods, and playing outdoors is probably illicit and possibly illegal.
    -- Richard Louv

#Kids #Past #Electronics

• Other kids went out and beat each other up or played baseball, and I built electronics.
    -- Robert Moog

#Baseball #Kids #Electronics

• He [Steve Jobs] had come from the surplus electronics parts world.So he came from that world, and he said let's sell PC boards for $40. We'll build them for $20 and sell them for $40.
    -- Steve Wozniak

#Jobs #World #Electronics

• When it comes to consumer electronics, I'm a big fat sucker, because even though I know you should never, ever buy anything until the second version of it is released, I just can't resist. I live in a state of perpetual Beta.
    -- Susan Orlean

#Electronics #Bigs #Beta

• There's a basic principle about consumer electronics: it gets more powerful all the time and it gets cheaper all the time.
    -- Trip Hawkins

#Powerful #Electronics #Principles

• They [Throne; legacy costumes] are made out of foam latex, which is basically what prosthetic makeup is made out of. So it's very delicate and very fragile. And then you put the electronics in there and you have a whole other level of fragility. So we had many suits and sometimes we would have to change out at lunchtime and send the other one to the "suit-hospital." It was like a surgery centre.
    -- Christine Bieselin Clark

#Makeup #Levels #Electronics

• I like really sparse electronics, lush arrangements, and interesting chord structures.
    -- Josh Klinghoffer

#Interesting #Electronics #Structure

• Beats is inherently different: the company is a consumer electronics company but also a media company; a packaged goods company but also an entertainment company.
    -- Luke Wood

#Media #Different #Electronics

• Mackie is an electronics recording company backing me, and they're willing to invest giving equipment to schools that I choose, and they've already started doing that.
    -- Meredith Brooks

#School #Giving #Electronics

• It looks like a galosh with electronics in it.
    -- Niels Diffrient

#Looks #Electronics