Pneumonia quotes

• If you die of pneumonia,I'm pretty sure there are at least a dozen guys who'll try to kill me and make it look like an accident (Hale)
    -- Ally Carter

#Pneumonia #Guy #Trying

• Only after realising that routine immunisations were dangerous did I achieve a substantial drop in infant death rates. The worst vaccine of all is the whooping cough vaccine... it is responsible for a lot of deaths and for a lot of infants suffering irreversible brain damage. In susceptible infants, it knocks their immune systems about, leading to irreparable brain damage, or severe attacks or even deaths from diseases like pneumonia or gastro-enteritis and so on.
    -- Archie Kalokerinos

#Vaccines #Pneumonia #Brain

• What do you get when you kiss a guy? You get enough germs to catch pneumonia. After you do, he'll never phone you.
    -- Dionne Warwick

#Kissing #Pneumonia #Phones

• I had asthma when I was a kid, asthma so bad that it would turn into pneumonia and I almost died several times. Nobody knew why back then, but now it's obvious.
    -- Don McLean

#Kids #Pneumonia #Obvious

• Just in case you get pneumonia or die. The dangerous bits are always the last days of shooting.
    -- Elizabeth Taylor

#Pneumonia #Shooting #Lasts

• I think if a physician wrote on a death certificate that old age was the cause of death, he'd be thrown out of the union. There is always some final event, some failure of an organ, some last attack of pneumonia, that finishes off a life. No one dies of old age.
    -- George Wald

#Life #Thinking #Pneumonia

• Don't listen to people telling you that getting up early is best. René Descartes is one of history's most important philosophers, but he rarely got out of bed before noon - and when he started getting up early for a new job as a private tutor, it caused him to catch pneumonia and die.
    -- Gideon Defoe

#Jobs #Pneumonia #People

• We used to say in the black community that if somebody else caught a cold, we caught pneumonia.
    -- Gwen Ifill

#Pneumonia #Community #Black

• Of course WE never had to do nude scenes. I'm glad, too, because I'm susceptible to pneumonia.
    -- Irene Dunne

#Pneumonia #Scene #Glad

• As a kid, I was always sick. I had pneumonia, I had really severe allergies. And it wasn't until I got older, that I realized some of that was caused by toxins in things like detergent. That made me crazy, because it's supposed to help get things clean!
    -- Jessica Alba

#Crazy #Kids #Pneumonia

• I would spend more time with my children. I would make my money before spending it. I would learn the joys of wine instead of hard liquor. I would not smoke cigarettes when I had pneumonia. I would not marry a fifth time.
    -- John Huston

#Children #Wine #Pneumonia

• It’s best not to experiment on yourself. Bacon practically froze himself to death in one of his experiments and died of pneumonia.” {Right! Bacon must be heated. Knew that already, but thanks for the reminder.}
    -- Kevin Hearne

#Pneumonia #Thanks #Reminders

• Write to please just one person. If you open a window and make love to the world, so to speak, your story will get pneumonia.
    -- Kurt Vonnegut

#Writing #Pneumonia #Making Love

• Brazil is in a solid position. In the past, if the United States sneezed, we caught pneumonia. Today, if the United States sneezes, we sneeze too.
    -- Luiz Inacio Lula da Silva

#Past #Pneumonia #Brazil

• By preventing pneumonia and other diseases, we are giving men, women and children the chance to live healthy productive lives and participate in the global economy. In doing so, we are not only enhancing their futures - we are enhancing our own.
    -- Mandy Moore

#Children #Men #Pneumonia

• Pneumonia is a disease that often flies under the radar of not just the public but even the global health community. It kills more children under 5 years old every year than AIDS, malaria, and measles combined.
    -- Mandy Moore

#Children #Years #Pneumonia

• All countries should immediately now activate their pandemic preparedness plans. Countries should remain on high alert for unusual outbreaks of influenza-like illness and severe pneumonia.
    -- Margaret Chan

#Country #Pneumonia #Pandemics

• A naturopath once told me you should never take antibiotics except if you have pneumonia, a kidney infection or some other serious illness. That's my philosophy, too.
    -- Pamela Sue Martin

#Philosophy #Pneumonia #Antibiotics

• The flu can definitely set you up for bacterial pneumonias.
    -- Paul A. Offit

#Pneumonia #Flu

• Pneumococcus is a fairly common cause of pneumonia and [raises the] risk of death in older adults.
    -- Paul A. Offit

#Pneumonia #Risk #Causes

• The drink? Yes, I've had tough times in my life, especially the last year, regarding my ex-wife, my kids, I nearly broke my neck, I was on death row with pneumonia.
    -- Paul Gascoigne

#Kids #Years #Pneumonia

• I quit school in the sixth grade because of pneumonia. Not because I had it, but because I couldn't spell it.
    -- Rocky Graziano

#Sports #School #Pneumonia

• Never forget that it is not a pneumonia, but a pneumonic man who is your patient.
    -- Sir William Gull, 1st Baronet

#Men #Pneumonia #Patient

• If we do not allow for a rhythm of rest in our overly busy lives, illness becomes our Sabbath— our pneumonia, our cancer, our heart attack, our accidents create Sabbath for us.
    -- Wayne Muller

#Cancer #Heart #Pneumonia

• I had a series of childhood illnesses... scarlet fever.... pneumonia.... Polio. I walked with braces until I was at least nine years old. My life wasn't like the average person who grew up and decided to enter the world of sports.
    -- Wilma Rudolph

#Sports #Pneumonia #Average

• Nobody would ever convince me that the bronchitis and pneumonia were caused by cigarettes.
    -- Barbara Warren

#Pneumonia #Cigarette #Bronchitis