Zippers quotes

• The Savage interrupted him. "But isn't it natural to feel there's a God?" "You might as well ask if it's natural to do up one's trousers with zippers," said the Controller sarcastically. "You remind me of another of those old fellows called Bradley. He defined philosophy as the finding of bad reason for what one believes by instinct. As if one believed anything by instinct! One believes things because one has been conditioned to believe them. Finding bad reasons for what one believes for other bad reasons–that's philosophy. People believe in God because they've been conditioned to.
    -- Aldous Huxley

#Philosophy #Believe #Zippers

• If zipper catches skin, I'll know I had it out when I should a kept it in.
    -- Alice Cooper

#Zippers #Advice #Skins

• Nobody notices it when your zipper is up, but everyone notices when it's down.
    -- Cynthia Lewis

#Assessment #Zippers

• The wrap dress is the most traditional form of dressing: It's like a robe, it's like a kimono, it's like a toga. It doesn't have buttons or zippers. What made it different was that it was jersey; therefore, it was close to the body and it was a print.
    -- Diane von Furstenberg

#Zippers #Jersey #Buttons

• I don't want to see the zipper in the back of the monster suit. Like everybody else who goes to the movies, I want to believe the monster is real.
    -- Eric Stoltz

#Real #Believe #Zippers

• First you forget names, then you forget faces. Next you forget to pull your zipper up and finally, you forget to pull it down.
    -- George Burns

#Funny #Happy Birthday #Zippers

• To think we have the garment industry instead of nature to thank for the zipper concept when it would have come in so handy for childbirth.
    -- Jane Wagner

#Thinking #Zippers #Garments

• The zipper opened all the way down our spines.
    -- Jeffrey Eugenides

#Zippers #Way #Spine

• The gun made a ripping sound like the opening of a zipper on the fly of God Almighty.
    -- Kurt Vonnegut

#Gun #Zippers #Sound

• My face responds without authorization from my brain, so the resulting smile feels like the biggest, most unguarded, goofiest smile I’ve ever unleashed in my entire life. I didn’t even know my face could do this. It’s like there were hidden zippers in my cheeks. Jesus. This must be what feelings are. This is why people write poems! I get it now. I get it, and I want more.
    -- Laini Taylor

#Jesus #Writing #Zippers

• The only exercise I got as a kid was fork to mouth. Food was equated with love in my household. I thought you left the table when the zipper was down and you'd explode if you took another bite. I'd eat my plate and then everyone else's leftovers.
    -- Paul Stanley

#Kids #Exercise #Zippers

• Fingers interlocked like a beautiful accordion of flesh or a zipper of prayer
    -- Sarah Kay

#Beautiful #Prayer #Zippers

• I once stood in the middle of New York city watching my name go round the electronic zipper sign in Times Square and I felt pretty thrilled, but not quite as thrilled as I felt when I saw my name in the Examiner for the first time.
    -- Simon Armitage

#New York #Squares #Zippers

• Ill buy an old jacket and attach gold buttons and a couple royal patches. Or Ill find an old busted sweatshirt, tear out the zipper, and replace it with a $700 zipper. I make things my own.
    -- Theophilus London

#Couple #Zippers #Tears

• So, we get into the first piece. Then, layer, layer, layer, do all of this. Then we jump into the trousers. Then I'm zip-tied in to this bottom piece and glued into the feet. So you can't get out. There is a zipper...somewhere. But it'll cost you money to find out where. And to actually make it functional, it's pretty ridiculous. So, I plan ahead.
    -- Colm Feore

#Feet #Zippers #Firsts

• The sari's radiance, vigor and variety, produced by a single straight length of cloth, should give us in the West pause and make us think twice about the zipper, the dart and the shoulder pad.
    -- Naveen Patnaik

#Thinking #Zippers #Giving

• If we allow our one-and-a-half year old to "help" us fold laundry he will learn something about buttons, zippers, snaps, where things go, the physical properties of cloth, what happens when you drop it, how easy or hard it is to carry compared with everything else he has ever carried, what clean clothes smell like, how a big towel can turn into a small bundle, how the small bundle you just folded can turn into a big towel again, plus any songs we care to sing or stories or related or unrelated facts we care to pass on.
    -- Polly Berrien Berends

#Song #Children #Zippers

• Every bride and groom in the history of civilization has gained weight after their wedding day. It is only a matter of time until archaeologists unearth a married caveman who's wearing a pair of old tux pants that were so tight he couldn't get the zipper closed.
    -- Peter Scott

#Civilization #Zippers #Matter