Bending quotes

• Suppose time is a circle, bending back on itself. The world repeats itself, precisely, endlessly.
    -- Alan Lightman

#Circles #Bending #World

• One dies if necessary, one breaks rather than bending. But I bend, because I continue to love myself.
    -- Albert Camus

#Bending #Love Myself #Break

• Oh! To be a flower Nodding in the sun, Bending, then upspringing As the breezes run.
    -- Amy Lowell

#Running #Flower #Bending

• Once you pass forty, a dime isn't worth bending over to pick up if you drop one.
    -- Andy Rooney

#Money #Dimes #Bending

• The artist is the confidant of nature, flowers carry on dialogues with him through the graceful bending of their stems and the harmoniously tinted nuances of their blossoms, Every flower has a cordial word which nature directs towards him.
    -- Auguste Rodin

#Flower #Artist #Bending

• The first rule of hurricane coverage is that every broadcast must begin with palm trees bending in the wind.
    -- Carl Hiaasen

#Wind #Tree #Bending

• He stands erect by bending over the fallen. He rises by lifting others.
    -- Douglas Horton

#Bending #Lifting Others #Fallen

• The stainless-steel frets were a major breakthrough, because of the amount of playing and bending that I do. I have to get my guitars refretted every couple of months.
    -- Eddie Van Halen

#Couple #Guitar #Bending

• It was not the thorn bending to the honeysuckles, but the honeysuckles embracing the thorn.
    -- Emily Bronte

#Bending

• The Raynbowe bending in the skye,Bedeckte with sundrye hewes,Is lyke the seate of God on hye,And seemes to tell these newes:That as thereby he promised,To drowne the worlde no more,So by the bloud whiche Christe hath shead,He will oure health restore.
    -- George Gascoigne

#Bending #Skye

• As a genre-bending blend of police procedural and science fiction, The Silk Code delivers on its promises.
    -- Gerald Jonas

#Police #Promise #Bending

• Mrs. Murdo, walkind even more briskly to keep her spirits up, was crossing Harken Square when something fell to the pavement just in front of her with a terrific thump. How extraordinary, she thought, bending to pick it up. It was sort of a bundle. She began to untie it.
    -- Jeanne DuPrau

#Squares #Pavement #Bending

• The work I'm doing on 'Watchmen' is mind bending and physically just hard.
    -- Jeffrey Dean Morgan

#Mind #Bending

• I never mind scrubbing floors, vacuuming or bending and carrying stuff. Each time I do it I think, this is instead of going to the gym.
    -- Joanna Lumley

#Thinking #Mind #Bending

• This will of Stirner's, this restless probing of all given knowledge, this endless questioning, and the continuous bending towards new understanding, ...
    -- John Carroll

#Understanding #Bending #Restless

• Time's a funny thing, bending, warping, stretching, and compressing, all depending on perspective.
    -- Lisa Genova

#Funny Things #Perspective #Bending

• Possible reality [is obtained] by slightly bending physical and chemical laws.
    -- Marcel Duchamp

#Reality #Law #Bending

• There was quantum mechanics, string theory, and then there was the most mind-bending frontier of the natural world, women.
    -- Marisha Pessl

#Mind #Bending #World

• Worlds can be found by a child and an adult bending down and looking together under the grass stems or at the skittering crabs in a tidal pool.
    -- Mary Catherine Bateson

#Children #Together #Bending

• Interviewer: Have you ever considered writing nonfiction? Mary Doria Russell: Oh, honey, I did! Let's see...There was "A Reconsideration of the Evidence for Cannibalism at the Krapina Neandertal Site." That was a big hit. And who could ever forget "Cutmarks on the Engis II Calvarium"? Then there was "Browridge Development as a Function of Bending Stress in the Supraorbital Region." I got tons of reprint requests for that one. Trust me fiction is better.
    -- Mary Doria Russell

#Stress #Writing #Bending

• After all, is it not the way we humans shape the universe, shape time itself? Do we not take the raw stuff of chaos and impose a beginning, middle, and end on it, like the simplest and most profound of folktales, to reflect the shapes of our own tiny lives? And if the physicists are right, that the physical world changes as it is observed, and we are its only known observers, then might we not be bending the entire chaotic universe, the eternal, ever-active Now, to fit that familiar form?
    -- Tad Williams

#Profound #Bending #World

• Hence no force, however great, can stretch a cord, however fine, into a horizontal line which is accurately straight: there will always be a bending downwards.
    -- William Whewell

#Lines #Bending #Force

• Fear is definitely part of the recording process, it's just something you've got to overcome. Any time you're doing something new, you don't have any examples of it will work or won't work. Especially when it comes to genre bending.
    -- Chuck Harmony

#Overcoming #Example #Bending

• We don't want our politicians bending to the whims of whichever corporation has the money to pay them off.
    -- Michael Monroe

#Bending #Want #Pay

• We had this scene where I'm supposed to be bending over to get something. I thought it was kind of cute.
    -- Melinda Clarke

#Cute #Bending #Kind