Plums quotes

• To knot a sentence up properly, it has to be thought out carefully, and revised. New phrases have to be put in; sudden changes of subject must be introducted; verbs must be shifted to unsuspected localities; short words must be excised with ruthless hand; archaisms must be sprinkled like sugar-plums upon the concoction; the fatal human tendency to say things straightforwardly must be detected and defeated by adroit reversals; and, if a glimmer of meaning yet remain under close scrutiny, it must be removed by replacing all the principal verbs by paraphrases in some dead language.
    -- Aleister Crowley

#Hands #Plums #Verbs

• Acting is a plum gig, and then animation is an even more plum gig.
    -- Aziz Ansari

#Acting #Plums #Gigs

• Yeah, there was the Flora Plum thing, where I trained for about a month and I had taken a semester off for that, and two weeks prior to filming, the financing collapsed.
    -- Claire Danes

#Taken #Two #Plums

• It is a rich storehouse for those who love quotations. It is as full of fine bon mots as a Christmas pudding is full of plums.
    -- Fitz-Greene Halleck

#Pudding #Plums #Rich

• Promises that you make to yourself are often like the Japanese plum tree - they bear no fruit.
    -- Francis Marion

#Tree #Promise #Plums

• Harvard takes perfectly good plums as students, and turns them into prunes.
    -- Frank Lloyd Wright

#Artist #Cynical #Plums

• You can't evoke great spirits and eat plums at the same time.
    -- George William Russell

#Time #Plums #Spirit

• I can't live without my dark plum eyeliner. I use liquid because it's easier on my eyes.
    -- Heather Morris

#Eye #Dark #Plums

• I'm really a scientist. I follow recipes exactly - until I decide not to. And then I'll follow something else exactly. I may decide I could turn this peach tart into a plum tart, but if I'm following a recipe, I follow it exactly.
    -- Ina Garten

#Plums #Recipes #Peaches

• Year by year, more and more of the world gets disenchanted. Even the icy privacy of the arctic and antarctic circles is invaded. We have played Jack Horner with our earth, till there is never a plum left in it.
    -- James Russell Lowell

#Years #Circles #Plums

• Our actions make the fragrance of our lives...Would you smell of plums? Or Vinegar?
    -- Kirby Larson

#Smell #Plums #Our Actions

• Moon, plum blossoms, this, that, and the day goes
    -- Kobayashi Issa

#Moon #Plums #Plum Blossoms

• What is more mortifying than to feel that you have missed the plum for want of courage to shake the tree?
    -- Logan Pearsall Smith

#Courage #Tree #Plums

• Dance of the Sugar Plum Bikey. Yes, that's got a nice ring to it.
    -- Louise Rennison

#Nice #Plums #Sugar

• An umeboshi plum is a little Japensese salt plum. The best thing for motion sickness is to take one of these plums . . . and tape it to your belly button. I'm not kidding you. This really, really works.
    -- Marilu Henner

#Plums #Littles #Salt

• What I really do is take real plums and put them in an imaginary cake.
    -- Mary McCarthy

#Real #Cake #Plums

• Without the bitterest cold that penetrates to the very bone, how can plum blossoms send forth their fragrance to the whole world?
    -- Matsuo Basho

#Life #World #Plums

• Indigo has a purifying, stabilizing, cleansing effect when fear, repression, and obsessions have disturbed your mental body. Indigo food vibrations are: blackberries, blue plums, blueberries, purple brocoli, beetroot, and purple grapes.
    -- Tae Yun Kim

#Blue #Purple #Plums

• Life's a pudding full of plums.
    -- W. S. Gilbert

#Life #Pudding #Plums

• There are different kinds of passages in the movie [Chicken with plums]. One of the passages is like a sitcom and another is a bit more delicate and another is more bizarre, so you have to have people who know how to navigate that.
    -- Vincent Paronnaud

#People #Different #Plums

• The movie [Chicken with Plums] is very delicate, and you need to have people around you that understand what you're doing, otherwise it doesn't work.
    -- Vincent Paronnaud

#People #Needs #Plums

• For me, it was a wonderful surprise because I saw wonderful actors being very professional working in front of me [on Chicken with Plums]. I finally understood what an actor is and what an actor does. On a daily basis, it's a bit repetitive.
    -- Vincent Paronnaud

#Doe #Plums #Actors

• There's something vaguely erotic about watching a woman eat a banana while cupping two plums.
    -- Dana Gould

#Two #Erotic #Plums