Sap quotes

• [Once plans for each eventuality are resolved, further] Worry never robs tomorrow of its sorrow, but only saps today of its strength.
    -- A.J. Cronin

#Worry #Sorrow #Sap

• Each is under the most sacred obligation not to squander the material committed to him, not to sap his strength in folly and vice, and to see at the least that he delivers a product worthy the labor and cost which have been expended on him.
    -- Anna Julia Cooper

#Vices #Cost #Sap

• Pansies in soft April rains Fill their stalks with honeyed sap Drawn from Earth's prolific lap.
    -- Bayard Taylor

#Rain #Lap #Sap

• At SAP, we see a dream for a simpler world, for a simpler SAP, and for a simpler customer experience.
    -- Bill McDermott

#Dream #Sap #World

• SAP is becoming the standard for business software. Oracle is in a state of chaos.
    -- Bill Vaughan

#Sap #Oracles #Becoming

• The conservatism of a religion - it's orthodoxy - is the inert coagulum of a once highly reactive sap.
    -- Eric Hoffer

#Sap #Orthodoxy #Conservatism

• I don't watch a lot of TV. I am madly in love, I'm a big sap, I'm madly in love with Extreme Makeover Home Edition. I cry every week.
    -- Eva LaRue

#Home #Watches #Sap

• Why don't you bore a hole in yourself and let the sap run out?
    -- Groucho Marx

#Sarcastic #Running #Sap

• Idleness is emptiness; the tree in which the sap is stagnant, remains fruitless.
    -- Hosea Ballou

#Tree #Sap #Laziness

• Some people imagine that by returning to tradition, you will renew it. This is not true, for by returning to tradition, you renew nothing. But by setting out from it and adding to it, you renew its power, because only by addition can you prepare the future path for the living sap within it.
    -- Jabra Ibrahim Jabra

#People #Sap #Path

• Literature, properly so called, draws its sap from the deep soil of human nature's common and everlasting sympathies, the gathered leaf-mound of countless generations, and not from any top dressing capriciously scattered over the surface.
    -- James Russell Lowell

#Generations #Sap #Literature

• What sort of sap doesn't know by now that picture-perfect beauty is all done with smoke and mirrors anyway?
    -- Julie Burchill

#Mirrors #Perfect #Sap

• Inaction saps the vigor of the mind.
    -- Leonardo da Vinci

#Learning #Mind #Sap

• Principles-and I have in mind such principles as states' rights or national sovereignty or the free market or pacifism-have a way of drying up while the sap of life goes flowing in another direction.
    -- Max Lerner

#Rights #Mind #Sap

• Confronting the worst-case scenario saps it of much of its anxiety-inducing power. Happiness reached via positive thinking can be fleeting and brittle, negative visualization generates a vastly more dependable calm.
    -- Oliver Burkeman

#Positive Thinking #Anxiety #Sap

• We all know that any thing which retards in any way the free circulation of the sap, also prevents to a certain extent the formation of wood and leaves.
    -- Robert Fortune

#Woods #Way #Sap

• Busy people begrudge the days being short. I can no longer sit back and allow Communist infiltration, Communist indoctrination, Communist subversion, and the international Communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids.
    -- Stanley Kubrick

#People #Sap #Busy

• Every hour you spend on your rear end ... saps your energy and ruins your health.
    -- Tom Rath

#Sap #Ruins #Energy

• This disease of being “busy” (and let’s call it what it is, the dis-ease of being busy, when we are never at ease) is spiritually destructive to our health and wellbeing. It saps our ability to be fully present with those we love the most in our families, and keeps us from forming the kind of community that we all so desperately crave.
    -- Omid Safi

#Community #Sap #Ease

• I am a woodlander, I have sap in my veins.
    -- Roger Deakin

#Sap #Veins