Sam Cooke famous quotes

Last updated: Jul 22, 2024

• But men must know, that in this theatre of man's life it is reserved only for God and angels to be lookers on.

• Who do I think was the greatest? This might shock you: Elgin Baylor. He did so many great things. Nobody could guard him, playing in the forward spot. I'd love to see some of today's greats playing against Elgin. They couldn't guard him. Nobody could.

• In music, the punctuation is absolutely strict, the bars and rests are absolutely defined. But our punctuation cannot be quite strict, because we have to relate it to the audience. In other words we are continually changing the score.

• Generally speaking, individual performances don't win basketball games

• I come from the New York theatre world, and I have a lot of gay male friends, so this friendship of Will and Grace's isn't such a stretch.

• Cats never feel threatened. They are genetically incapable of accepting that anyone could possibly dislike anything as perfect as a cat.

• The tragedy is not so much the experience that you're having. The tragedy is that we don't take the time to understand the meaning and purpose behind what we're going through.

• All tyrannies rule through fraud and force, but once the fraud is exposed they must rely exclusively on force.

• When I die, I desire no better winding sheet than the Stars and Stripes, and no softer pillow than the Constitution of my country.

• I'm bleeding, I'm not just making conversation.