Synthetic famous quotes

Last updated: Sep 5, 2024

• There is only one road to human greatness: through the school of hard knocks.

• I love Polaroids and I have a Polaroid camera collection from the '50s.

• Democracy has no convictions for which people would be willing to stake their lives.

• We eat when we're full, and we hoard all the rest. With our hands on remotes, we say, yes, we're the best.

• Invariably something happens at a U.S. Open where the golf course gets out of control one day, they have one pin that's out of control. It always seems to happen. But they've gotten better about the height of the rough.

• I don't know myself, what to do, where to go... I lie in the crack of a book for my comfort... it's what the world offers... please leave me alone to dream as I fancy.

• I never told you this but I always thought the club should have recognised you far more when you retired. For the career that you had, one of Liverpool's greatest players, you should have had a much bigger and better send-off in your final match. That's just what I felt.

• Two-thirds of American movies are extensions of commercials -- they tell you how to feel and they tell you how to think -- rather than letting you figure it out on your own.

• The very word "secrecy" is repugnant in a free and open society; and we are as a people inherently and historically opposed to secret societies, to secret oaths and to secret proceedings. We decided long ago that the dangers of excessive and unwarranted concealment of pertinent facts far outweighed the dangers which are cited to justify it. Even today, there is little value in opposing the threat of a closed society by imitating its arbitrary restrictions. Even today, there is little value in insuring the survival of our nation if our traditions do not survive with it.

• My song-writing has always been just about my life - usually my worst moments.