Tweed quotes

• To wear a gray tweed suit, you have to be mature and confident in yourself. Some people can't pull it off.
    -- Dwyane Wade

#People #Tweed #Suits

• Contrary to popular belief, English women do not wear tweed nightgowns.
    -- Hermione Gingold

#Tweed #Belief #Contrary To Popular Belief

• I wear tweed jackets and button-down shirts. I am a 1955 graduate of Harvard University who drives a 1968 Mercedes.
    -- J. Anthony Lukas

#Buttons #Tweed #Graduates

• Figure skating is a bit dated - it's like that tweed jacket you pull out of the back of your closet from time to time, and I'm going to try to Chanel it up a little bit.
    -- Johnny Weir

#Trying #Tweed #Skating

• The racehorses assemble at the starting barrier in all the finery of a mediaeval pageant, the jockeys in silks like figures from a Tarot pack, the bookies in leather and tweeds standing beside their boards each confident that the future has been controlled.
    -- Kevin Hart

#Sports #Jockeys #Tweed

• Confession is good for the soul only in the sense that a tweed coat is good for dandruff - it is a palliative rather than a remedy.
    -- Peter De Vries

#Soul #Tweed #Coats

• You have to interpret what's hot to make it work on yourself. If tweed suits are in, but you're not a suit kind of girl, wear the jacket with jeans and a pair of Converses.
    -- Rachel Zoe

#Girl #Jeans #Tweed

• The churches used to win their arguments against atheism, agnosticism, and other burning issues by burning the ismist, which is fine proof that there is a devil but hardly evidence that there is a God.

• Memory is a trustworthy servant as long as it is made to serve.

• I think with vampires, you can't really go wrong. For generations, vampires have been a hit because they're unobtainable, mysterious, sensual, dangerous, kind of sexy.

• If they had Nautilus on the Concorde, I would work out all the time.

• Those who see worldly life as an obstacle to Dharma see no Dharma in everyday actions. They have not yet discovered that there are no everyday actions outside of Dharma.

• Maybe the body learns from dreams. Maybe the muscles, the neutrons, revitalize.

• Smiling just to see the smile upon your face. These are the moments I thank God that I'm alive.

• Why then should money be blamed for all the dirt and crimes it causes? For is love less filthy -- love which creates life?

• Ordinary parties, he thought, were subtle games of sexual and social badminton...

• I think when you fall in love, like true love, it’s love for life. All the rest is just experiences and delusions.