Smartphones quotes

• Too many people don't protect their smartphones with a password or PIN. I anticipate that Apple's fingerprint reader will in fact make iPhone 5S owners more likely to secure their smartphones.
    -- Al Franken

#Iphone #Smartphones #Apples

• True love is a lack of desire to check one's smartphone in another's presence.
    -- Alain de Botton

#Love Is #Smartphones #Desire

• The challenge of modern relationships: how to prove more interesting than the other's smartphone.
    -- Alain de Botton

#Smartphones #Interesting #Challenges

• The pace of digital innovation is astonishing. It's impossible to imagine life without the web, smartphones, social networks. And yet the consumer products and everyday objects all around us are still essentially dumb.
    -- Andy Hobsbawm

#Smartphones #Dumb #Innovation

• We take better care of our smartphone than ourselves. We know when the battery is depleted and recharge it
    -- Arianna Huffington

#Smartphones #Batteries #Care

• The smartphones and the computer separates everybody, makes you think that you don't need nobody else.
    -- Bootsy Collins

#Thinking #Smartphones #Make You Think

• A smartphone links patients' bodies and doctors' computers, which in turn are connected to the Internet, which in turn is connected to any smartphone anywhere. The new devices could put the management of an individual's internal organs in the hands of every hacker, online scammer, and digital vandal on Earth.
    -- Charles C. Mann

#Doctors #Hands #Smartphones

• Smartphones can relay patients' data to hospital computers in a continuous stream. Doctors can alter treatment regimens remotely, instead of making patients come in for a visit.
    -- Charles C. Mann

#Doctors #Smartphones #Data

• The difference between smartphones and cigarettes is this: a cigarette robs 10 minutes from your lifespan, but at least has the decency to wait and withdraw all that time in bulk as you near the end of your life - whereas a smartphone steals your time in the present moment, by degrees. Five minutes here. Five minutes there. Then you look up and you're 85 years old.
    -- Charlie Brooker

#Smartphones #Years #Differences

• The iPad falls between two stools - not quite a laptop, not quite a smartphone. In other words, it's the spork of the electronic consumer goods world.
    -- Charlie Brooker

#Fall #Smartphones #Two

• I don't know what I would do without my smartphone as I am on the go all day.
    -- Denise Van Outen

#Smartphones

• The moment of drifting into thought has been so clipped by modern technology. Our lives are filled with distraction with smartphones and all the rest. People are so locked into not being present.
    -- Glen Hansard

#Technology #Smartphones #People

• When you have a World Champion in your smartphone, the myth of the superior brainpower of human chess champions has lost its power.
    -- Hans Ree

#Smartphones #Champion #Chess

• It's cool to be a nerd. There's a general understanding that smartphones didn't come from jocks. The digital age was foreseen by a group of short-sleeved, buttoned-down, white-shirted guys and their female equivalents designing the very stuff that's now ubiquitous.
    -- J. J. Abrams

#Success #White #Smartphones

• When you think about the complexity of our natural world - plants using quantum mechanics for photosynthesis, for example - a smartphone begins to look like a pretty dumb object.
    -- Jeff VanderMeer

#Thinking #Smartphones #Dumb

• What we know is smartphones are everywhere and they are rich in data. What we know is that there are apps once downloaded by the consumer that will also in turn download the consumers' contact book. Most consumers don't want that to happen and don't know it's happening.
    -- Kamala Harris

#Book #Smartphones #Data

• Most of us carry at least one device, all the time, every day. In fact many of us would feel naked without our smartphone. It's hardly surprising mobile search queries - and mobile commerce - are growing dramatically across the world.
    -- Larry Page

#Technology #Smartphones #Growing

• From the first time I held an iPhone, the space has evolved quickly, and people have shifted from reading content on their desktops to smartphones and iPads, even long-form stuff.
    -- Matt Mullenweg

#Reading #Smartphones #Ipads

• Of course smartphones are brilliant inventions, but the nefarious thing about Twitter and other social media is that it starts to fill all the gaps in your day. I quickly become an addict.
    -- Nick Offerman

#Media #Smartphones #Gaps

• How people ignored each other before smartphones.
    -- Patrick Madrid

#Smartphones #People #Ignored

• When I see an old movie, like from the ’40s or ’50s or ’60s, the people look so calm. They don’t have smartphones, they’re not looking at computer screens, they’re taking their time. They’ll sit in a chair and just stare off into space. I think some day we’ll find our way back to that garden of Eden.
    -- Rudy Rucker

#Garden #Thinking #Smartphones

• The cloud-powered smartphone and tablet, as productivity tools, are transforming the world around us along with the implied changes in how we work to be mobile and more social.
    -- Steven Sinofsky

#Smartphones #Clouds #Tools

• Right now, offline and online are coming together because of smartphones.
    -- Susan Wojcicki

#Smartphones #Together #Online

• I can't live without my smartphone, but I really geek on coding. It's not so much technology that I like, but puzzle solving.
    -- Sylvia Day

#Technology #Smartphones #Geek

• One of the misconceptions about BlackBerry is that it's your parents' smartphone.
    -- Thorsten Heins

#Smartphones #Parent #Blackberries

• Future is mobile computing - smartphones and tablets are just elements of it. The industry is on the verge of a whole new paradigm.
    -- Thorsten Heins

#Smartphones #Tablets #Elements

• A good browser, apps, good camera, and fast networking in your smartphone is just expected today.
    -- Thorsten Heins

#Smartphones #Today #Cameras

• Anything can change, because the smartphone revolution is still in the early stages.
    -- Tim Cook

#Smartphones #Revolution #Stage

• When you travel around Moscow, you can see almost every car is using a smartphone where they can see whats ahead of them.
    -- Arkady Volozh

#Smartphones #Car #Moscow

• A new study reveals that one-third of babies in the U.S. have used a smartphone. Yeah, and one-third of babies in China have MADE a smartphone.
    -- Conan O'Brien

#Baby #Smartphones #Study

• Election officials say that in 2016, it may be possible to vote for the president on your smartphone. Can you imagine that? With one swipe you can choose a president and at the same time tell him or her where you want to hook up.
    -- Conan O'Brien

#Smartphones #President #Hook

• The human race is already social, and the smartphone has everything needed to enable them to act on their social needs.
    -- Keith Teare

#Race #Smartphones #Needs

• The same regions of the brain light up when someone touches their smartphone as when they touch a family member or a pet.
    -- Matt Cohler

#Light #Smartphones #Pet

• Nothing continues indefinitely. But I think there is always going to be a place for the home TV and there is always going to be a place for the smartphone.
    -- Wyc Grousbeck

#Home #Thinking #Smartphones

• A lot of the diagnosis and monitoring functions will be done through little devices - smartphones - by the patient with computer assistance. So it's a real big change in the model of how we render healthcare.
    -- Eric Topol

#Change #Real #Smartphones