Pathways quotes

• My work makes people understand things in a visual way that I could never understand in a literal way - like the way you deal with and break down problems, and don't come up with answers, but [find] a pathway that becomes clearer.
    -- Ali Banisadr

#People #Pathways #Answers

• I think the neural pathways in our brains affect what happens in our bodies, and so can alter our health.
    -- Amy Hardie

#Thinking #Brain #Pathways

• It's nice to be in a creative world that's kind of isolated, but you can get led astray down some pathway while you're recording that you might not like later. And there's a lot of time to get in your own head and stay there.
    -- Andrew Dost

#Nice #Creative #Pathways

• I know that nurses are not only the largest healthcare profession but are responsible for the delivery of most healthcare, and are often in the best place to be able to see the whole pathway of care.
    -- Andrew Lansley

#Nurse #Pathways #Care

• You have chosen the pathway to your present destination. The responsibility for your situation is yours.
    -- Andy Andrews

#Responsibility #Pathways #Destination

• As I understand it, laws, commands, rules and edicts are for those who have not the light which makes plain the pathway.
    -- Anne Hutchinson

#Light #Law #Pathways

• Those whom God calls to such a ministry - and a call is essential - must be prepared for a pathway of unpopularity and misunderstanding. "You troubler of Israel" was the way Ahab addressed Elijah.
    -- Arthur Wallis

#Israel #Ahab #Pathways

• Stories are best when they 'emerge' from the depths, and when built in a painting from early sketch through the three-act process to The End, it is a perfect pathway to the unconscious stories set in our dreamwork.
    -- Billy Cannon

#Perfect #Pathways #Depth

• Throughout your life there may be times when you have gone places you never should have gone and done things you never should have done. If you will turn away from sin, you will be able one day to know the peace that comes from following the pathway of complete repentance.
    -- Boyd K. Packer

#One Day #Pathways #Gone

• If you could change the neural pathways in your brain so that you could recall everything you've ever heard, taste, smelled or touched, basically from the womb on, and use it at your disposal, that's an interesting concept.
    -- Bradley Cooper

#Interesting #Brain #Pathways

• Physicists have come to realize that mathematics, when used with sufficient care, is a proven pathway to truth.
    -- Brian Greene

#Pathways #Care #Realizing

• Thoughts of doubt and fear are pathways to failure. When you conquer negative attitudes of doubt and fear you conquer failure.
    -- Bryan Adams

#Attitude #Doubt #Pathways

• Thoughts are things; they have tremendous power. Thoughts of doubt and fear are pathways to failure.
    -- Bryan Adams

#Doubt #Pathways #Power Of Thought

• While our behavior is still significantly controlled by our genetic inheritance, we have, through our brains, a much richer opportunity to blaze new behavioral and cultural pathways on short timescales.
    -- Carl Sagan

#Opportunity #Brain #Pathways

• Obedience to the will of God is the pathway to perpetual honor and everlasting joy.
    -- Charles Spurgeon

#Joy #Honor #Pathways

• The pathways of crime are clearly marked. There's a doublecross on every corner.
    -- Chester Gould

#Pathways #Crime

• The pathway to your greatest potential is straight through your greatest fears!
    -- Craig Groeschel

#Pathways #Our Greatest Fear

• Told reporters Wednesday he can support a pathway to citizenship for some of the 11 million illegal immigrants in the U.S. and that he actually prefers it to a plan that would create a second-class of citizens through alternative programs.
    -- Darrell Issa

#Class #Support #Pathways

• Researchers have known for some time now that the cornerstone of all degenerative conditions, including brain disorders, is inflammation. But what they didn’t have documented until now are the instigators of that inflammation—the first missteps that prompt this deadly reaction. And what they are finding is that gluten, and a high-carbohydrate diet for that matter, are among the most prominent stimulators of inflammatory pathways that reach the brain.
    -- David Perlmutter

#Brain #Pathways #Gluten

• Every day we make our way through a moral forest, along pathways ever branching. Often we get lost. When the array of paths before us is so perplexing that we can't make a choice, or won't, we can hope that we will be given a sign to guide us. A reliance on signs, however, can lead to the evasion of all moral obligations, and thus earn a terrible judgment.
    -- Dean Koontz

#Choices #Pathways #Forests

• Pray for 'all men.' We usually pray more for things than we do for men. Our prayers should be thrown across their pathway as they rush in their downward course to a lost eternity.
    -- Edward McKendree Bounds

#Prayer #Men #Pathways

• We feel a pathway to citizenship would reward illegal activity, ... Amnesty encourages further illegal immigration.
    -- Elaine Chao

#Rewards #Amnesty #Pathways

• Our 'pathway' is straight to the ballot box, with no variableness nor shadow of turning.
    -- Elizabeth Cady Stanton

#Shadow #Pathways #Boxes

• A person whose mind is quiet and satisfied in God is in the pathway to health.
    -- Ellen G. White

#Mind #Pathways #Quiet

• We are constantly emphasizing to people that they need to address anything that affects flight safety or mission success - many pathways to do that. We need to understand better what may be preventing people from using those pathways.
    -- Ellen Ochoa

#People #Safety #Pathways

• Living in an entirely different physical as well as biotic environment, such a population would have unique opportunities to enter new niches and to select novel adaptive pathways.
    -- Ernst Mayr

#Unique #Opportunity #Pathways

• I use the kitchen as a pathway to achieve this happiness.
    -- Ferran Adria

#Cooking #Kitchen #Pathways

• All obstacles now vanish from my pathway. Doors fly open, gates are lifted and I enter the kingdom of fulfillment, under grace.
    -- Florence Scovel Shinn

#Doors #Grace #Pathways

• In Mexico, theater is very underground, so if youre a theater actor its very difficult to make a living. But its also a very beautiful pathway to knowledge and to an open education.
    -- Gael Garcia Bernal

#Beautiful #Actors #Pathways

• It's not just a question of conquering a summit previously unknown, but of tracing, step by step, a new pathway to it.
    -- Gustav Mahler

#Pathways #Steps #Conquer

• Life is full of adventure. Theres no such thing as a clear pathway.
    -- Guy Laliberte

#Adventure #Pathways #Life Is

• Forget about trying to compete with someone else. Create your own pathway. Create your own new vision,
    -- Herbie Hancock

#Vision #Trying #Pathways

• Virtue is an angel, but she is a blind one, and must ask Knowledge to show her the pathway that leads to her goal.
    -- Horace Mann

#Angel #Goal #Pathways

• The return to solid values is always hard... Distress, panic, and hard times have marked our pathway in returning to solid values.
    -- James A. Garfield

#Hard Times #Pathways #Panic

• Most long lives resemble those threads of gossamer, the nearest approach to nothing unmeaningly prolonged, scarce visible pathways of some worm from his cradle to his grave.
    -- James Russell Lowell

#Long #Age #Pathways

• Paul Brunton was a great original and got to a place of personal evolution that illumines the pathways of a future humanity.
    -- Jean Houston

#Humanity #Pathways #Evolution

• In the economy of the body, the limbic highway takes precedence over the neural pathways. We were designed and built to feel, and there is no thought, no state of mind, that is not also a feeling state. Nobody can feel too much, though many of us work very hard at feeling too little. Feeling is frightening.
    -- Jeanette Winterson

#Feelings #Mind #Pathways

• Never allow others to put obstacles in the pathway of your dreams
    -- John C. Maxwell

#Dream #Pathways #Obstacles

• No generation can do another generation's work for it. What we human beings can do at most is to mark out the pathway a little clearer for the generations to come after, and put legible signboards at the points where the greatest dangers have threatened us, in the hope that our posterity will read, understand, and be warned.
    -- Joseph Alexander Leighton

#Pathways #Generations #Littles

• This fear of the Lord is indeed the beginning of wisdom. This consciousness of sin is the straight pathway to heaven.
    -- Joseph Barber Lightfoot

#Heaven #Pathways #Consciousness

• Obedience to God is the pathway to the life you really want to live.
    -- Joyce Meyer

#Pathways #Want #Obedience

• You cannot poison what is between us with your foul words. She is my light in the darkness and Johnny is my pathway ahead.
    -- Juliet Marillier

#Light #Darkness #Pathways

• I'm still living it now, every day, living it out in my mind - following the ups and downs, walking the pathways, reliving the moments of our Moonlight World... It's a day that never dies.
    -- Kevin Brooks

#Mind #Pathways #World

• The world provides no cheerleaders on the pathway to godliness.
    -- Kevin DeYoung

#Pathways #World #Cheerleader

• There will never be a bill without a pathway to citizenship signed by the president...And in turn there will never be a pathway to citizenship without a new immigration system replacing the current one.
    -- Lindsey Graham

#President #Bills #Pathways

• Each one of us decides to incarnate upon this planet at a particular point in time and space. We have chosen to come here to learn a particular lesson that will advance us upon our spiritual, evolutionary pathway.
    -- Louise Hay

#Spiritual #Space #Pathways

• I will argue until my last breath for a pathway to citizenship that is quick and efficient because I want to end this chapter. I want to end it...But let me say, conversely, I am as committed as any Republican to ending illegal immigration as we know it...They want to end it. So do I.
    -- Luis Gutierrez

#Want #Lasts #Pathways

• Since the trainee is both inefficient and unadapted, only a few basic exercises should be used, and they should be repeated frequently to establish the basic motor pathways and basic strength.
    -- Mark Rippetoe

#Strength #Exercise #Pathways

• The past empowers the present, and the sweeping footsteps leading to this present mark the pathways to the future.
    -- Mary Catherine Bateson

#Past #Empowering #Pathways

• We may not understand the pathways God lays out before us. We may not even like walking the journey. But even in failure, we can trust that He’ll do more than we expect.
    -- Mary E. DeMuth

#Journey #May #Pathways

• How clever of me. I have found such a pathway into hell that I can never get back out.
    -- Orson Scott Card

#Clever #Pathways #Hell

• Honor women! They strew celestial roses on the pathway of our terrestrial life.
    -- Pierre-Claude-Victor Boiste

#Rose #Honor #Pathways

• A special pathway to citizenship is off the table... when I talk to members of the group in the Senate, they're saying that we're both saying the same thing.
    -- Raul Labrador

#Special #Pathways #Immigration

• Any new pathway to citizenship is completely off the table ... [Illegal immigrants should be able to get citizenship] the same way as any other immigrant has to do it ... You have to apply for legal permanent residence, be it family-based or employment-based. You shouldn't be treated worse than the people doing it the right way, but I think it would be unconscionable for us to treat them better than the people who are doing it the right way.
    -- Raul Labrador

#Thinking #People #Pathways

• Pretentiousness repels but authenticity attracts, and vulnerability is the pathway to intimacy.
    -- Rick Warren

#Pathways #Authenticity #Intimacy

• He had 'deep concerns' with the pathway to citizenship for the nation's 11 million illegal immigrants under consideration by the group, calling it 'profoundly unfair' to legal immigrants.
    -- Ted Cruz

#Pathways #Immigration #Groups

• [Albert Camus] also says that nothing is true which forces exclusion. From that, you're obliged to accept contradictions if you don't want to reject certain obvious things about life, certain evidences. If you create a system, and you say 'here there is truth', in that kind of pathway [chemin], then you'll evacuate all the other pathways and you'll kill life. It's up to each individual.
    -- Catherine Camus

#Obvious Things #Pathways #Want

• We cannot experimentally map out the brain. Its just too big. In a piece of the brain the size of a pinhead there are 3,000 pathways like a city with 3,000 streets.
    -- Henry Markram

#Cities #Brain #Pathways

• The people we most love do become a physical part of us, ingrained in our synapses, in the pathways where memories are created.
    -- Meghan O'Rourke

#Memories #People #Pathways

• We [Americans] really need a system that comprehensively looks at the fact that we need these workers in the United States, we need to be able to provide a pathway to citizenship. We need to be able to allow them to be here legally and to do the work that they are doing and that we need.
    -- Pramila Jayapal

#Pathways #United States #Needs

• Neurogenesis continues throughout life and we have the capacity to establish new neural pathways and strengthen existing ones.
    -- Philippa Perry

#Pathways #Capacity

• After a stroke we can re-learn how to talk, because by practicing we can establish different pathways in the brain, circumnavigating the damaged part.
    -- Philippa Perry

#Brain #Pathways #Different

• New research shows that emotions have a separate system of nerve pathways, through the limbic system to the cortex, allowing emotional signals to avoid conscious control.
    -- Robert E. Ornstein

#Emotional #Pathways #Nerves

• We do not support an automatic pathway to citizenship.
    -- Elaine Chao

#Support #Pathways #Citizenship

• Humor makes our heavy burdens light and smoothes the rough spots in our pathways.
    -- Sam Ervin

#Light #Pathways #Burden