Brightness quotes

• When you rest in quietness and your image of yourself fades, and your image of the world fades, and your ideas of others fade, what's left? A brightness, a radiant emptiness that is simply what you are.
    -- Adyashanti

#Ideas #World #Brightness

• The sun provides the moon with its brightness.
    -- Anaxagoras

#Moon #Brightness #Sun

• Both the brightness and the spectrum of the X-rays are very different from what theory predicts.
    -- Andrew Young

#Rays #Different #Brightness

• My amateur interest in astronomy brought out the term "magnitude," which is used for the brightness of a star.
    -- Charles Richet

#Stars #Brightness #Astronomy

• The true optimist not only expects the best to happen, but goes to work to make the best happen. The true optimist not only looks upon the bright side, but trains every force that is in him to produce more and more brightness in his life….
    -- Christian D. Larson

#Looks #Brightness #Sides

• Cheer up everyone," he said, a new brightness to his voice. "Since we’re all going to die horribly anyway, what’s there to be worried about?
    -- Derek Landy

#Cheer #Voice #Brightness

• I don't know what good composition is.... Sometimes for me composition has to do with a certain brightness or a certain coming to restness and other times it has to do with funny mistakes. There's a kind of rightness and wrongness and sometimes I like rightness and sometimes I like wrongness.
    -- Diane Arbus

#Photography #Mistake #Brightness

• The world is always changing brightness and hotness and soundness, I never know how it's going to be the next minute.
    -- Emma Donoghue

#World #Brightness #Next

• But woe to him, who left to moan, Reviews the hours of brightness gone.
    -- Euripides

#Gone #Brightness #Woe

• When God makes His presence felt through us, we are like the burning bush: Moses never took any heed what sort of bush it was—he only saw the brightness of the Lord.
    -- George Eliot

#Burning #Brightness #Saws

• The world is full of poetry. The air is living with its spirit; and the waves dance to the music of its melodies, and sparkle in its brightness.
    -- James Gates Percival

#Air #World #Brightness

• The earth in its rapid motion round the sun possesses a degree of living force so vast that, if turned into the equivalent of heat, its temperature would be rendered at least one thousand times greater than that of red-hot iron, and the globe on which we tread would in all probability be rendered equal in brightness to the sun itself.
    -- James Prescott Joule

#Iron #Earth #Brightness

• I didn't know love felt like this, like turning into brightness.
    -- Jandy Nelson

#Brightness

• You are all the colors in one, at full brightness.
    -- Jennifer Niven

#Color #Brightness

• Sunshine is a welcome thing. It brings a lot of brightness.
    -- Jimmie Davis

#Sunshine #Brightness #Welcome

• God would remain absolutely hidden if we were not illuminated by the brightness of Christ.
    -- John Calvin

#Brightness #Christ

• Those who are called to the table of the Lord must glow with the brightness.
    -- John of Capistrano

#Catholic #Tables #Brightness

• I see all this talent, all this...this energy and brightness and...potential. Yes. Potential. And I cannot for the life of me see how you can be content to live this tiny life. This life that will take place almost entirely within a five mile radius and contain nobody who will ever surprise you or push you or show you things that will leave your head spinning and unable to sleep at night.
    -- Jojo Moyes

#Sleep #Night #Brightness

• Holiness appeared to me to be of a sweet, pleasant, charming, serene, calm nature; which brought an inexpressible purity, brightness, peacefulness and ravishment to the soul.
    -- Jonathan Edwards

#Sweet #Soul #Brightness

• As God delights in his own beauty, he must necessarily delight in the creature's holiness which is a conformity to and participation of it, as truly as [the] brightness of a jewel, held in the sun's beams, is a participation or derivation of the sun's brightness, though immensely less in degree.
    -- Jonathan Edwards

#Jewels #Brightness #Sun

• Everybody is going to have a point in their life when they can’t see any brightness at the end of the tunnel…but there always is…you just have to keep on fighting.
    -- Kyle Maynard

#Fighting #Tunnels #Brightness

• Let's be cheerful! We have no more right to steal the brightness out of the day for our own family than we have to steal the purse of a stranger.
    -- Laura Ingalls Wilder

#Cheerful #Brightness #Purses

• But her's was the misery of innocence, which, like a cloud that passes over the fair moon, for a while hides, but cannot tarnish its brightness.
    -- Mary Wollstonecraft Shelley

#Moon #Clouds #Brightness

• I predict that very shortly the old-fashioned incandescent lamp, having a filament heated to brightness by the passage of electric current through it, will entirely disappear.
    -- Nikola Tesla

#Brightness #Lamps #Disappear

• I am in the Pitte, but I have gone so deep that I can see the brightness of the Starres at Noon.
    -- Peter Ackroyd

#Brightness #Gone #Noon

• We see the brightness of a new page where everything yet can happen.
    -- Rainer Maria Rilke

#Courage #Pages #Brightness

• In the particular presence of memorable language we can find a reminder of our ability to know and retain knowledge itself: the brightness wherein all things come to see.
    -- Robert Pinsky

#Memorable #Brightness #Language

• The intrinsic brightness of theSun is fully 5,000 times as great as if the whole surface were formed of the molten steel just issuing from the Bessemer converter.
    -- Robert Stawell Ball

#Time #Brightness #Steel

• You must rise above The gloomy clouds Covering the mountaintop Otherwise, how will you Ever see the brightness?
    -- Ryokan Taigu

#Clouds #Brightness #Covering

• More than anything, one is struck by the light. Light everywhere. Brightness everywhere. Everywhere, the sun.
    -- Ryszard Kapuscinski

#Light #Sun #Brightness

• He that will enjoy the brightness of sunshine, must quit the coolness of the shade.
    -- Samuel Johnson

#Sunshine #Shade #Brightness

• You can't learn from remembering. You can't learn from guessing. You can learn only from moving forward at the rate you are moved, as brightness into brightness.
    -- Sarah Manguso

#Moving #Guessing #Brightness

• In natures, we see God, as it were, like the sun in a picture; in the law, as the sun in a cloud; in Christ we see Him in His beams; He being 'the brightness of His glory, and the exact image of His person.
    -- Stephen Charnock

#Law #Clouds #Brightness

• For I had expected always Some brightness to hold in trust, Some final innocence To save from dust
    -- Stephen Spender

#Hope #Dust #Brightness

• As brightness is to rustiness, so labor excelleth idleness.
    -- Thales

#Brightness #Labor #Idleness

• ...she moved about in a mental cloud of many-coloured idealities, which eclipsed all sinister contingencies by its brightness.
    -- Thomas Hardy

#Clouds #Brightness #Sinister

• Good temper, like a sunny day, sheds a ray of brightness over everything; it is the sweetener of toil and the soother of disquietude!
    -- Washington Irving

#Brightness #Rays #Toil

• God's glory is the created brightness that surrounds God’s revelation of himself.
    -- Wayne Grudem

#Brightness #Glory #Revelations

• Genius is divine perseverance. Genius I cannot claim nor even extra brightness but perseverance all can have.
    -- Woodrow Wilson

#Perseverance #Genius #Brightness

• The sun doesn't determine the brightness of the day, you do.
    -- Kayla Mueller

#Brightness #Sun #Determine