Fusion quotes

• There is By my leaning over the precipice Of your presence and your absence in hopeless fusion My finding the secret Of loving you Always for the first time
    -- Andre Breton

#Loving You #Secret #Fusion

• I'm just trying to avoid any sort of generic kind of music - I don't want to do generic jazz or fusion.
    -- Andy Summers

#Trying #Fusion #Want

• The best work is a fusion of love and praise.
    -- Barbara Grizzuti Harrison

#Work #Fusion #Praise

• It seems reasonable to expect that beauty will emerge from a fusion of the individual character and culture of the potter,with the nature of his materials.
    -- Bernard Leach

#Character #Potters #Fusion

• Most of the stuff I learned to play, I learned in high school. I had a band in high school, a jazz-fusion thing, and I was the keyboard player. I was interested in how the instruments worked and the theory behind playing with them.
    -- Brian McKnight

#School #Player #Fusion

• Jazz isn't dead yet. It's the underpinning of everything in this country. Whether it's a Broadway show, or fusion, or right on through classical music, if it's coming out of the U.S., it's not going to survive unless it's got some jazz influence.
    -- Dave Brubeck

#Country #Fusion #Broadway

• The families in positions of great financial power obsessively interbreed with each other. But I'm not talking about one Earth race, Jewish or non-Jewish. I'm talking about a genetic network that operates through all races, this bloodline being a fusion of human and reptilian genes.
    -- David Icke

#Race #Talking #Fusion

• It is quite possible that the truest and most eloquent art is a successful fusion of both the visible and visionary worlds, each enhancing and reinforcing the other.
    -- Edward Betts

#Art #Successful #Fusion

• Restricting too personal, and therefore prejudiced, interpretation leads to revolution - the fusion of an inner and outer reality derived from the wholeness of life - sublimating things seen into things known.
    -- Edward Weston

#Reality #Revolution #Fusion

• I cook British food, but it doesn't mean I'm jingoistic about it. People can cook very good fusion food.
    -- Fergus Henderson

#Mean #People #Fusion

• The richness of an artist is the fusion of influences that have shaped his life and work.
    -- Fernando Botero

#Artist #Fusion #Influence

• It is impossible to imagine a more complete fusion with nature than that of the Gypsy.
    -- Franz Liszt

#Fusion #Gypsy #Impossible

• There are a few things that I will hopefully be credited for as a pioneer. One is my four-mallet playing. Another one is the starting what was first called jazz rock in 1967 when I started my first band, later became jazz fusion by the 1970s.
    -- Gary Burton

#Rocks #Firsts #Fusion

• Sometimes I feel like a beetle crawling through a fusion power plant. I can feel a certain amount, see a certain amount, but I sure as hell don't understand everything.
    -- Greg Bear

#Fusion #Sometimes #Hell

• After the war, once the bop revolution had taken hold, there were all kinds of young musicians, talented young musicians, who were ready for this fusion of classical and jazz.
    -- Gunther Schuller

#War #Taken #Fusion

• The fusion (of economic functions) would compel nations to fuse their sovereignty into that of a single European State.
    -- Jean Monnet

#Fusion #Economic #States

• Art, film, fashion, music are all going on and interacting simultaneously. And L.A. is very receptive to that fusion.
    -- Jeffrey Deitch

#Fashion #Art #Fusion

• The prospect of cheap fusion energy is the worst thing that could happen to the planet.
    -- Jeremy Rifkin

#Fusion #Energy #Environment

• [...] My wild words slip into fusion and risk losing the solid ground. So stranger, get wilder still. Probe the highlands.
    -- Jim Morrison

#Risk #Fusion #Losing

• The fundamental purpose of a novel like Count Julian is to achieve the unity of object and means of representation, the fusion of treason as scheme and treason as language.
    -- Juan Goytisolo

#Mean #Unity #Fusion

• I learned so much about playing and touring being on the road and in the studio with Jeff, but I'd always played a lot of gigs in Seattle even prior to joining the Fusion.
    -- Kenny G

#Fusion #Joining #Gigs

• Scott Feiner is a soulful magnet for the fusion of Brazilian and jazz music...
    -- Kurt Rosenwinkel

#Fusion #Jazz #Magnet

• My work is a fusion of personal experiences and influences - moody atmospheres, victorian-inspired couture, and timeless elements all laced with clandestine symbolism. The figures I paint exist in their own esoteric realm and time, and each painting offers a glimpse into their anomalous world.
    -- Lori Earley

#Symbolism #Atmosphere #Fusion

• Product management really is the fusion between technology, what engineers do - and the business side.
    -- Marissa Mayer

#Technology #Sides #Fusion

• The barbarian weapon is fission: the splitting asunder. It has been perfected for death. Our only weapon is fusion: an imperfect process still, though designed for life.
    -- Marya Mannes

#Weapons #Barbarians #Fusion

• It is a simple chemical reaction that has nothing to do with fusion.
    -- Nathan Lewis

#Simple #Fusion #Cold

• Fusion has been my nemesis.
    -- Pete La Roca

#Music #Fusion #Jazz

• It is in the fusion of autochthonous Jews with semi-Jewish Khazars and Kabars in the tenth century that we must seek the earliest demographic basis of the Jewish population of medieval Hungary.
    -- Raphael Patai

#Population #Fusion #Medieval

• I would like nuclear fusion to become a practical power source. It would provide an inexhaustible supply of energy, without pollution or global warming.
    -- Stephen Hawking

#Fusion #Energy #Nuclear

• If there is knowledge, it lies in the fusion of the book and the street.
    -- Studs Terkel

#Lying #Book #Fusion

• It seems far simpler to go ahead and say that the epic is a fantastic myth, that happens to be true of the material Universe, that other myths are true in terms of their cultural meaning, and that there's absolutely no problem with holding more than one story, just as there's no problem with viewing the sunset in terms of planetary rotation and spectra and nuclear fusions one moment and as visual splendor the next.
    -- Ursula Goodenough

#Sunset #Epic #Fusion

• Fraternity without absorption, union without fusion.
    -- Wilfrid

#Unions #Fusion #Fraternity

• As far as love is concerned, possession, power, fusion and disenchantment are the Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse.
    -- Zygmunt Bauman

#Love Is #Four #Fusion

• The three auto companies in the United States, they're all scrambling to come up with a plan, some way to reinvent themselves. Well this week Ford did its part. Ford unveiled a new hybrid, the Ford Fusion, which will get almost 40 miles to the gallon. Isn't that amazing? Yeah, and when asked how much it would cost, a spokesman for Ford said, '$25 billion.' They just want that money; they don't care. That's without mud flaps.
    -- Conan O'Brien

#Fusion #United States #Three

• I find a difference between what gets called world music - a fusion of western music and music from different cultures in more of a modernized version - and Explorer Series stuff, which is completely undiluted indigenous folk music. That's a lot more powerful than a lot of the super-processed stuff that comes out now.
    -- Glenn Kotche

#Powerful #Differences #Fusion

• Every great movement and which the conservative movement is, of course, every great movement ends up being a little bit sclerotic and dusty after a time and I think they need new fusion of energy.
    -- Kellyanne Conway

#Thinking #Fusion #Energy

• Lunar mining is absolutely critical for the development of fusion sources. I'm a very strong proponent of the development of nuclear power, of fusion power.
    -- Kesha Rogers

#Strong #Fusion #Nuclear

• The first time I had sushi, I hated it. And the second time was no different, and then, I just started loving it. I actually crave for sushi. It's one of the healthiest meals. My experiments with food began when I was working in New York as an architect, be it Korean or Ethiopian food or fusion food.
    -- Riteish Deshmukh

#New York #Fusion #Meals

• Marriage is an an inherently contradictory state. It involves the fusion of two people into one thing. And it's also love, and it's a lot of work, and it's got glory in its drudgery.
    -- Stephen Marche

#Two #People #Fusion

• I was inspired by the androgyny of Yohji Yamanoto's designs to translate the clothing's dualities onto screen and image. I was playing with a multitude of influences for the S/S 2012 campaign, inspired by the modernist literature and architecture that is in itself a fusion of political and architectural mantras, both dreamy and concrete.
    -- Collier Schorr

#Design #Political #Fusion

• I was about 10 when I got into nuclear science. That was when that spark hit me. It took a few years of research, but when I was 14, I produced my first nuclear-fusion reaction.
    -- Taylor Wilson

#Years #Fusion #Nuclear

• Now ... the basic principle of modern mathematics is to achieve a complete fusion [of] 'geometric' and 'analytic' ideas.
    -- Jean Dieudonne

#Ideas #Fusion #Principles

• Fusion will be ready when society needs it.
    -- Lev Artsimovich

#Fusion #Needs #Ready

• Thermonuclear fusion is an absolute requirement, for the preservation of the human species.
    -- Lyndon LaRouche

#Fusion #Requirements #Preservation