Self Confidence quotes

• To be around someone whose self-confidence is more than what our first glance led us to expect is seductive.
    -- Abraham Verghese

#Self Confidence #Seductive #Firsts

• Resisting conformity and developing some small eccentricities are among the steps to independence and self-confidence.
    -- Al MacInnis

#Education #Self Confidence #Independence

• Soloing is the most beautiful way of climbing; no material constrains, just you and the rock, the sun, nature; a kind of school for courage, willpower and self-confidence.
    -- Alain Robert

#Beautiful #School #Self Confidence

• Laugh at yourself, but don't ever aim your doubt at yourself. Be bold. When you embark for strange places, don't leave any of yourself safely on shore. Have the nerve to go into unexplored territory.
    -- Alan Alda

#Smile #Laughter #Self Confidence

• Smile, for everyone lacks self-confidence and more than any other one thing a smile reassures them.
    -- Andre Maurois

#Smile #Confidence #Self Confidence

• You have to pretend you're 100 percent sure. You have to take action; you can't hesitate or hedge your bets. Anything less will condemn your efforts to failure.
    -- Andy Grove

#Self Confidence #Effort #Action

• Our greatest weakness is lack of self-confidence.
    -- Angela Ahrendts

#Self Confidence #Self #Weakness

• I had a fantastic mother who taught me self-confidence.
    -- Anna Torv

#Mother #Self Confidence #Taught

• She laughed out loud, a warm, knowing laughter that made me once again wonder about the secret ingredient in these women’s lives. Whatever it was, I was clearly missing it. It was so much more than just self-confidence; it seemed to be the ability to love oneself, enthusiastically and unsparingly, body and soul, naturally followed by the assumption that every man on the planet is dying to get in on the act.
    -- Anne Fortier

#Laughter #Self Confidence #Men

• The determination and conviction to succeed can only come from within.
    -- Anthony D. Williams

#Determination #Self Esteem #Self Confidence

• Imagination, on the contrary, which is ever wandering beyond the bounds of truth, joined to self-love and that self-confidence we are so apt to indulge, prompt us to draw conclusions which are not immediately derived from facts.
    -- Antoine Lavoisier

#Self Confidence #Imagination #Self Love

• Her imperturbable self-confidence (Duchesse de Maine) caused Madame de Stael to write that the Duchesse believed in herself the same way she believed in God, without explanation or discussion.
    -- Antonia Fraser

#Writing #Self Confidence #Maine

• The gain in self-confidence of having accomplished a tiresome labour is immense.
    -- Arnold Bennett

#Inspirational #Self Confidence #Gains

• The secret is contained in a three-part formula I learned in the gym: self confidence, a positive mental attitude, and honest hard work.
    -- Arnold Schwarzenegger

#Attitude #Hard Work #Self Confidence

• Love from within, be determined and let your self-confidence take you to heights you never experienced before
    -- Arsi Nami

#Self Confidence #Self #Height

• You can't help people being right for the wrong reasons...This fear of finding oneself in bad company is not an expression of political purity; it is an expression of a lack of self-confidence.
    -- Arthur Koestler

#Self Confidence #Expression #People

• I lack self-confidence. I don't know whether I shall ever get it. Perhaps it is better to be unsure of your self, as I am. But it is very tiring.
    -- Audrey Hepburn

#Self Confidence #Self #Tire

• By marrying to soon, many individuals sacrifice their chance to struggle through this purgatory of solitude and search toward a greater sense of self-confidence. They glance at the world outside the family and with hardly a second thought grasp anxiously for a partner. In marriage they seek a substitute for the security of the family of origin and an escape from aloneness. What they do not realize is that moving so quickly from one family to another, they make it easy to transfer to the new marriage all their difficult experiences in the family of origin.
    -- Augustus

#Struggle #Moving #Self Confidence

• The best way to help Burma is to empower the people of Burma, to help us have enough self-confidence to obtain what we want for ourselves.
    -- Aung San Suu Kyi

#Self Confidence #People #Empowering

• Self-esteem is reliance on one's power to think. It cannot be replaced by one's power to deceive. The self-confidence of a scientist and the self-confidence of a con man are not interchangeable states, and do not come from the same psychological universe. The success of a man who deals with reality augments his self-confidence. The success of a con man augments his panic.
    -- Ayn Rand

#Self Esteem #Self Confidence #Reality

• The man of authentic self-confidence is the man who relies on the judgment of his own mind. Such a man is not malleable; he may be mistaken, he may be fooled in a given instance, but he is inflexible in regard to the absolutism of reality, i.e., in seeking and demanding truth.
    -- Ayn Rand

#Self Esteem #Self Confidence #Reality

• There is only one source of authentic self-confidence: reason.
    -- Ayn Rand

#Self Esteem #Self Confidence #Reason

• Leadership is the self-confidence of working with people smarter than you.
    -- Azim Premji

#Self Confidence #Self #People

• Power is sexy, not simply in its own right, but because it inspires self-confidence in its owner and a shiver of subservience on the part of those who approach it.
    -- Barbara Amiel

#Sexy #Self Confidence #Inspire

• You are living in a time when opportunities for self-empowerment, expanded awareness and spiritual growth appear to be unlimited.
    -- Barbara Marciniak

#Spiritual #Self Esteem #Self Confidence

• The special forces gave me the self-confidence to do some extraordinary things in my life. Climbing Everest then cemented my belief in myself.
    -- Bear Grylls

#Self Confidence #Climbing #Special

• The key to life is accepting challenges. Once someone stops doing this, he's dead.
    -- Bette Davis

#Courage #Self Confidence #Keys

• When someone is unrelentingly critical of you, always finds fault, can never be pleased, and blames you for everything that goes wrong, it is the insidious nature and cumulative effects of the abuse that do the damage. Over time, this type of abuse eats away at your self-confidence and sense of self-worth, undermining any good feelings you have about yourself and about your accomplishments .
    -- Beverly Engel

#Self Confidence #Self Worth #Accomplishment

• There are many types of emotional abuse but most is done in an attempt to control or subjugate another person. Emotional abuse is like brainwashing in that it systematically wears away at the victim's self-confidence, sense of self, trust in her perceptions and self-concept.
    -- Beverly Engel

#Self Confidence #Emotional #Perception

• The difference between self-confidence and conceit is as simple as love and fear. Jesus was self-confident ... Hitler was afraid.
    -- Bill Crawford

#Jesus #Self Confidence #Simple

• The single largest frustration in the massage field is the waste of resources and training resulting from high attrition among those who start practicing massage therapy. While some affected individuals may have made an ill-suited vocational choice and others underestimated the profession's physical demands, most appear to stumble in assembling the self-confidence and persistent salesmanship necessary to develop a professional practice
    -- Bob Benson

#Self Confidence #Frustration #Practice

• Self-confidence is a must for a fulfilled life. If you have a divine self-confidence, you know how fortunate you are. Study yourself, you have awareness and infinite power within you. choose to build an image in your marvelous mind of what you want to do. Happiness, health and prosperity will be your rewards.
    -- Bob Proctor

#Self Confidence #Mind #Want

• I had the chance to make every possible mistake and figure out a way to recover from it. Once you realize there is life after mistakes, you gain a self-confidence that never goes away.
    -- Bob Schieffer

#Mistake #Self Confidence #Way

• Let us keep before us the fact that, almost without exception, every race or nation that has ever got upon its feet has done so through struggle and trial and persecution; and that out of this very resistance to wrong, out of the struggle against odds, they have gained strength, self-confidence, and experience which they could not have gained in any other way.
    -- Booker T. Washington

#Struggle #Self Confidence #Race

• I had a lot of self-confidence.
    -- Bowie Kuhn

#Self Confidence #Self

• I believe that singing is the key to long life, a good figure, a stable temperament, increased intelligence, new friends, super self-confidence , heightened sexual attractiveness, and a better sense of humor.
    -- Brian Eno

#Believe #Self Confidence #Keys

• I believe the process of going from confusion to understanding is a precious, even emotional, experience that can be the foundation of self-confidence.
    -- Brian Greene

#Believe #Self Confidence #Emotional

• Be a lifelong student. The more you learn, the more you earn and the more self-confidence you will have.
    -- Brian Tracy

#Knowledge #Self Confidence #Students

• Your self-confidence increases when you know you are living your life according to your highest values.
    -- Brian Tracy

#Self Confidence #Live Your Life #Increase

• Self-confidence comes naturally when your inner life and your outer life are in harmony.
    -- Brian Tracy

#Confidence #Self Confidence #Self

• With greater confidence in yourself and your abilities, you will set bigger goals, make bigger plans and commit yourself to achieving objectives that today you only dream about.
    -- Brian Tracy

#Dream #Self Confidence #Goal

• The foundation of lasting self-confidence and self esteem is excellence, mastery of your work.
    -- Brian Tracy

#Self Esteem #Self Confidence #Excellence

• Ninety to ninety-five percent of people will withdraw to the comfort zone when what they try doesn't work. Only that small percentage, 5 or 10 percent, will continually improve themselves; they will continually push themselves out into the zone of discomfort, and these are always the highest performers in every field.
    -- Brian Tracy

#Self Confidence #People #Trying

• Your self-confidence is directly connected to how much you feel you are making a difference in the world.
    -- Brian Tracy

#Self Esteem #Self Confidence #Differences

• A clear vision, backed by definite plans, gives you a tremendous feeling of confidence and personal power.
    -- Brian Tracy

#Self Confidence #Giving #Feelings

• A feeling of continuous growth is a wonderful source of motivation and self confidence.
    -- Brian Tracy

#Motivation #Self Esteem #Self Confidence

• Clarity is essential. Knowing exactly what you want builds your self-confidence immeasurably.
    -- Brian Tracy

#Self Confidence #Knowing #Essentials

• Single-minded concentration in the direction of your dreams intensifies your desires and increases your self-confidence.
    -- Brian Tracy

#Dream #Self Confidence #Desire

• Why should we worry about what others think of us, do we have more confidence in their opinions than we do our own?
    -- Brigham Young

#Self Esteem #Self Confidence #Thinking

• Action is a high road to self-confidence and esteem. Where it is open, all energies flow toward it. It comes readily to most people, and its rewards are tangible.
    -- Bruce Lee

#Self Confidence #People #Energy

• Pride is holding your head up when everyone around you has theirs bowed. Courage is what makes you do it.
    -- Bryce Courtenay

#Motivational #Self Confidence #Pride

• Strengthen the rural areas and you will find less people migrating to urban areas. You give them opportunity, self respect & self confidence, they will never go to an urban slum.
    -- Bunker Roy

#Self Confidence #Opportunity #People

• Do you want to meet the love of your life? Look in the mirror.
    -- Byron Katie

#Self Confidence #Mirrors #Looks

• I suppose that there are endeavors in which self-confidence is even more important than it is in writing -- tightrope walking comes immediately to mind -- but it's difficult for me to think of anybody producing much writing if his confidence is completely shot.
    -- Calvin Trillin

#Writing #Self Confidence #Thinking

• Only one who has risked the fight with the dragon and is not overcome by it wins the "treasure hard to attain." He alone has a genuine claim to self-confidence, for he has faced the dark ground of his self and thereby has gained himself. This experience gives him faith and trust.
    -- Carl Jung

#Inspirational #Fighting #Self Confidence

• With uncertainty in one scale, courage and self-confidence should be thrown into the other to correct the balance. The greater they are, the greater the margin that can be left for accidents.
    -- Carl von Clausewitz

#Self Confidence #Balance #Should

• Those who think themselves secure are more exposed to danger than any others. The armor-bearer of sin is self-confidence .
    -- Charles Spurgeon

#Self Confidence #Thinking #Armor

• We cannot rely on ourselves, for we have learned by bitter experience the folly of self-confidence. We are compelled to look to the Lord alone. Blessed is the wind that drives the ship into the harbor. Blessed is the distress that forces us to rest in our God.
    -- Charles Spurgeon

#Blessed #Healing #Self Confidence

• Being in charge of your work life doesn't mean you always move with assurance and sublime self-confidence; it means you keep moving, continuing on your own path, even when you feel shaky and uncertain.
    -- Charlotte Beers

#Moving #Mean #Self Confidence

• The three top issues have to be restoring jobs and private sector job growth to our country, getting the entitlement mess under control, and restoring back to our country a sense of self-confidence that Americans can achieve whatever we want to achieve.
    -- Chris Christie

#Country #Jobs #Self Confidence

• I developed a great sense of self-confidence when I was very young.
    -- Christie Hefner

#Self Confidence #Self #Young

• You know, I don't talk about the characters that I play. Years ago, I was a little timid about it and I kind of squirmed when I was asked, 'Could you tell us something about your character.' Now with a little self-confidence that comes with the grey beard, I just flatly refuse.
    -- Christoph Waltz

#Character #Self Confidence #Years

• You must have an alibi to show why you lost. If you haven't one, you must fake one. You self confidence must be maintained.
    -- Christy Mathewson

#Self Confidence #Fake #Lost

• Vocational education programs have made a real difference in the lives of countless young people nationwide; they build self-confidence and leadership skills by allowing students to utilize their unique gifts and talents.
    -- Conrad Burns

#Real #Self Confidence #Unique

• I think we can really use magic in a way never attempted before to inspire these children, help rally their self-confidence and even help them develop social skills. This is a national effort, not just here in Las Vegas. I know we can give them a true passion.
    -- Criss Angel

#Children #Passion #Self Confidence

• Calm mind brings inner strength and self-confidence, so that's very important for good health.
    -- Dalai Lama

#Self Confidence #Mind #Inner Strength

• You need self-confidence and determination: feeling depressed and losing hope will never really help to correct any situation.
    -- Dalai Lama

#Determination #Self Confidence #Feelings

• Developing concern for others, thinking of them as part of us, brings self-confidence , reduces our sense of suspicion and mistrust, and enables us to develop a calm mind.
    -- Dalai Lama

#Self Confidence #Thinking #Mind

• If you become more concerned for the welfare of others, you will experience a sense of calm, inner-strength, and self confidence.
    -- Dalai Lama

#Self Confidence #Inner Strength #Calm

• The very purpose of our life is happiness, which is sustained by hope. We have no guarantee about the future, but we exist in the hope of something better. Hope means keeping going, thinking, ‘I can do this.’ It brings inner strength, self-confidence , the ability to do what you do honestly, truthfully and transparently.
    -- Dalai Lama

#Mean #Self Confidence #Thinking

• Cultivating care and concern for others gives rise to a kind of inner strength. No matter what difficulties or problems you face, in this wider context they’ll seem less significant and troubling to you. The inner strength, self-confidence and courage you gain by focussing on others’ needs instead of your own, brings with it a deep, calm sense of satisfaction.
    -- Dalai Lama

#Self Confidence #Giving #Inner Strength

• We need cooperation based on trust and self-confidence to create an open, compassionate, harmonious society.
    -- Dalai Lama

#Self Confidence #Needs #Cooperation

• With the realization of ones own potential and self-confidence in ones ability, one can build a better world. According to my own experience, self-confidence is very important. That sort of confidence is not a blind one; it is an awareness of ones own potential. On that basis, human beings can transform themselves by increasing the good qualities and reducing the negative qualities.
    -- Dalai Lama

#Self Esteem #Self Confidence #Important

• It’s in our interest to take care of others. Self-centrednes s is opposed to basic human nature. In our own interest as human beings we need to pay attention to our inner values. Sometimes people think compassion is only of help to others, while we get no benefit. This is a mistake. When you concern yourself with others, you naturally develop a sense of self-confidence . To help others takes courage and inner strength.
    -- Dalai Lama

#Mistake #Self Confidence #Helping Others

• I tell students that even if they don't like math right now, they can use math as a brain-sharpening tool - a tool that not only builds the foundation for a great career, but that also builds self-confidence, no matter what they choose to do with their lives.
    -- Danica McKellar

#Self Confidence #Math #Careers

• A woman will not understand what true dependency is until she is cradling her own infant in her arms; nor will she likely achieve the self-confidence she craves until she has withstood, and transcended, the weight of responsibility a family places upon her -- a weight that makes all the paperwork and assignments of her in-basket seem feather-light.
    -- Danielle Crittenden

#Responsibility #Self Confidence #Light

• TV has lost a lot of its self-confidence as its power has been eroded by the internet.
    -- David Walliams

#Self Confidence #Tvs #Internet

• Unfortunately, unless we're focused on building up our courage, which gives us our self-confidence and all that we need to make quantum change in our lives, the voice of fear will always take the lead inside our minds.
    -- Debbie Ford

#Self Confidence #Voice #Giving

• A dream is your creative vision for your life in the future. You must break out of your current comfort zone and become comfortable with the unfamiliar and the unknown.
    -- Denis Waitley

#Dream #Self Confidence #Creative

• No one is born with self confidence. Self confidence is learned and earned with experience.
    -- Denis Waitley

#Self Confidence #Self #Born

• I've always felt that maybe one of the reasons that I did well as a student and made such good grades was because I lacked ... self-confidence, and I never felt that I was prepared to take an examination, and I had to study a little bit extra. So that sort of lack of confidence helped me, I think, to make a good record when I was a student.
    -- Denton Cooley

#Self Confidence #Thinking #Achievement

• Challenge negative forces with hope, self-confidence and conviction. I believe that ambition and initiative will ultimately triumph.
    -- Dhirubhai Ambani

#Believe #Ambition #Self Confidence

• Experts say that if children can't read by the end of the fifth grade, they lose self-confidence and self-esteem, making them more likely to enter the juvenile justice system.
    -- Dirk Kempthorne

#Children #Self Esteem #Self Confidence

• If you can do it, it ain't braggin'... it's a matter of self-confidence. I got where I did because I wasn't no shrinking violet.
    -- Dizzy Dean

#Sports #Self Confidence #Matter

• If you're going to take gambles, you must have one thing: self-confidence.
    -- Don Shula

#Life And Love #Self Confidence #Self

• Confidence can get you where you want to go, and getting there is a daily process. It's so much easier when you feel good about yourself, your abilities and talents.
    -- Donald Trump

#Self Confidence #Feel Good #Want

• Although I enjoy digging through the library to help students find books, my aim is to help them develop self-confidence in choosing books for themselves.
    -- Donalyn Miller

#Book #Self Confidence #Library

• Youth is not entirely a time of life; it is a state of mind. Nobody grows old by merely living a number of years. People grow old by deserting their ideals. You are as young as your faith, as old as your doubts; as young as your self-confidence, as old as your fear; as young as your hope, as old as your despair.
    -- Douglas MacArthur

#Self Confidence #Years #Numbers

• It is pleasant to be transferred from an office where one is afraid of a sergeant-major into an office where one can intimidate generals, and perhaps this is why history is so attractive to the more timid among us. We can recover self-confidence by snubbing the dead.
    -- E. M. Forster

#Self Confidence #History #Office

• I've always had confidence. It came because I have lots of initiative. I wanted to make something of myself.
    -- Eddie Murphy

#Confidence #Self Confidence #Initiative

• My self-confidence comes from the fact that I have discovered my own dimensions. It does not behoove me to make myself smaller than I am.
    -- Edith Södergran

#Self Confidence #Doe #Facts

• Trials should not surprise us, or cause us to doubt God's faithfulness. Rather, we should actually be glad for them. God sends trials to strengthen our trust in him so that our faith will not fail. Our trials keep us trusting; they burn away our self confidence and drive us to our Savior.
    -- Edmund Clowney

#Self Confidence #Doubt

• People in big empty places are likely to behave very much as the gods did on Olympus.
    -- Edna Ferber

#Self Confidence #People #Arrogance

• The great characteristic of men of active genius is a sublime self-confidence, springing not from self-conceit, but from an intense identification of the man with his object, which lifts him altogether above the fear of danger and death, which gives to his enterprise a character of insanity to the common eye, and which communicates an almost superhuman audacity to his will.
    -- Edwin Percy Whipple

#Eye #Character #Self Confidence

• I have more self-confidence than I did when I was in my 20s.
    -- Eleanor Mondale

#Self Confidence #Self

• To have "It", the fortunate possessor must have that strange magnetism which attracts both sexes. He or she must be entirely unselfconscious and full of self-confidence, indifferent to the effect he or she is producing, and uninfluenced by others. There must be physical attraction, but beauty is unnecessary.
    -- Elinor Glyn

#Sex #Self Confidence #Strange

• Tis the ignorant who boast.
    -- Elisabeth of Wied

#Ignorance #Self Confidence #Ignorant

• The law was given to crush our self-confidence and drive us to Jesus.
    -- Elyse Fitzpatrick

#Crush #Jesus #Self Confidence

• Liberals do not appear to address potential solutions with anything like the far right's aura of God-given self-confidence.
    -- Eric Alterman

#Self Confidence #Addresses #Auras

• The real "haves" are they who can acquire freedom, self-confidence, and even riches without depriving others of them. They acquire all of these by developing and applying their potentialities. On the other hand, the real "have nots" are they who cannot have aught except by depriving others of it. They can feel free only by diminishing the freedom of others, self-confident by spreading fear and dependence among others, and rich by making others poor.
    -- Eric Hoffer

#Fear #Real #Self Confidence