Saying No quotes

• I thought that by saying no and explaining my reasons my employer would abandon his social suggestions. However, to my regret, in the following few weeks, he continued to ask me out on several occasions
    -- Anita Hill

#Regret #Suggestions #Saying No

• Saying no can be the ultimate self-care.
    -- Claudia Black

#Self #Care #Saying No

• I try to combine my work with my family, that's what I aspire to. I don't say that's the only thing. It's not all work and family, because otherwise you would be saying no to the many other things in life and there are many other things.
    -- Connie Nielsen

#Trying #Would Be #Saying No

• I've always felt that if you back down from a fear, the ghost of that fear never goes away. It diminishes people. So I've always said 'yes' to the thing I'm most scared about. The fear of letting myself down - of saying 'no' to something that I was afraid of and then sitting in my room later going, 'I wish I'd had the guts to say this or that' - that galvanizes me more than anything.
    -- Hugh Jackman

#People #Wish #Saying No

• Peoples of the Americas are rising once again, saying no to imperialism, saying no to fascism, saying no to intervention - and saying no to death.
    -- Hugo Chavez

#Rising #Saying No #Imperialism

• You have a right to say no. Most of us have very weak and flaccid 'no' muscles. We feel guilty for saying no. We get ostracized and challenged for saying no, so we forget it's our choice. Your 'no' muscle has to be built up to get to a place where you can say, 'I don't care if that's what you want. I don't want that. No.'
    -- Iyanla Vanzant

#Choices #Want #Saying No

• I have had to learn about saying no.
    -- Jaclyn Smith

#Saying No

• The film industry is about saying 'no' to people, and inherently you cannot take 'no' for an answer.
    -- James Cameron

#People #Answers #Saying No

• In the immortal words of Roberto Duran, we are saying, 'No mas!' We will educate students and then promote them, not the reverse
    -- Joel Klein

#Saying No #Students #Immortal

• If we say that anyone who 'moralizes' must be perfect morally then we are in effect saying no one can moralize.
    -- Jonah Goldberg

#Perfect #Saying No

• The power of saying no is so much more than the power of saying yes.
    -- Julianna Margulies

#Saying Yes #Saying No

• I had to take responsibility, even if it meant saying no to an authority figure, because I was the authority on me.
    -- Kelley Armstrong

#Responsibility #Saying No #Authority

• Saying “no” has more creative power than ideas, insights and talent combined...
    -- Kevin Ashton

#Ideas #Creative #Saying No

• I've spent years saying no to things. It's important to be selective with both projects and partners.
    -- Lauren Conrad

#Years #Important #Saying No

• When I learn martial arts, my master will have me try a punch for a week and he will keep saying, 'No, you don't have it. No, that's not right.' When he finally says, 'Yes, you did it,' it's a wonderful moment. You worked on it. You got it.
    -- Milla Jovovich

#Art #Trying #Saying No

• I know people are saying they like you. I'm not being insulted or pushed around or anything. People are coming up because they like me. Nevertheless, I can't be everybody's....none of us can. I hate saying no to people.
    -- Morgan Freeman

#Hate #People #Saying No

• Solitude is the profoundest fact of the human condition. Man is the only being who knows he is alone, and the only one who seeks out another. His nature - if that word can be used in reference to man, who has ‘invented’ himself by saying ‘no’ to nature - consists in his longing to realize himself in another. Man is nostalgia and a search for communion. Therefore, when he is aware of himself he is aware of his lack of another, that is, of his solitude.
    -- Octavio Paz

#Men #Solitude #Saying No

• I spend 90 percent of my time saying no, and my accountant yells at me for it, but when I started in this business, I wanted my career to have legs.
    -- Omar Epps

#Careers #Saying No #Legs

• When you say 'yes' to others, make sure you are not saying 'no' to yourself.
    -- Paulo Coelho

#Hate #Saying No #I Hate You

• Saying ‘No’ does not always show a lack of generosity and that saying ‘Yes’ is not always a virtue
    -- Paulo Coelho

#Generosity #Doe #Saying No

• I'm a great believer that saying yes is a lot more fun than saying no.
    -- Richard Branson

#Fun #Saying No #Saying Yes

• I'm a great believer in life to saying yes and not saying no, and hopefully making people smile and just having fun in life.
    -- Richard Branson

#Fun #People #Saying No

• I have enjoyed life a lot more by saying "yes" than by sayings "no".
    -- Richard Branson

#Positive #Saying No #Saying Yes

• I've never regretted saying no to anything, or finishing something. When I'm in the middle of doing something I love, I can have a better idea, and I'll go, "Oh God, I can't finish this." Maybe I've got some sort of disorder.
    -- Ricky Gervais

#Ideas #Saying No #Finishing

• You're saying, no, state said two kinds of marriage; the full marriage, and then this sort of skim-milk marriage.
    -- Ruth Bader Ginsburg

#Gay #Two #Saying No

• Learn to say no in situations where saying no can be difficult, where it could mean getting fired. Say no anyway, because it could lead you to greater opportunities.
    -- Samuel Dash

#Mean #Opportunity #Saying No

• but you could also look at it the other way. Like you’re saying no matter how bad things are for you, I can still relate.
    -- Sarah Dessen

#Way #Saying No #Looks

• It's only by saying no that you can concentrate on the things that really matter.
    -- Scott Belsky

#Matter #Saying No

• Focus is about saying, No. And the result of that focus is going to be some really great products where the total is much greater than the sum of the parts.
    -- Steve Jobs

#Focus #Saying No #Strategy

• Innovation is saying 'no' to 1,000 things.
    -- Steve Jobs

#Innovation #Saying No

• All my integrity seemed to lie in saying No.
    -- Susanna Kaysen

#Lying #Integrity #Saying No

• I remember saying to someone when I got one of those 'don't do it' comments - I just remember hearing my voice being calm and saying, 'No, it's going happen. It's going to happen. I'm just letting you know.'
    -- T. R. Knight

#Voice #Hearing #Saying No

• When a manager asks for hard data, that's usually just his way of saying no.
    -- Ward Cunningham

#Data #Saying No #Way

• When we remember presidents who didn't fulfill their promises - for instance George H.W. Bush saying no new taxes or Barack Obama saying he would close the detention facility in Guantanamo Bay - we remember those because they're the exceptions, not the rule.
    -- Evan Osnos

#Promise #President #Saying No

• If someone walked along any high street anywhere in London, and probably anywhere in the country, and looked into a letting agency, they would see a sign saying, 'No benefits here.' In other words, anyone in receipt of a state benefit is not allowed to apply for a private rented flat from that agent.
    -- Jeremy Corbyn

#Country #Agency #Saying No

• Some people started to call me "the King of No" because with Daft Punk we were saying "no" to everything.
    -- Pedro Winter

#Kings #People #Saying No

• When you're not confident as a young woman in saying "no" or even saying "yes" necessarily, you don't know which one you're more afraid of in some way. That happens a lot.
    -- Ry Russo-Young

#Saying Yes #Way #Saying No

• The closest I've ever come to saying "no" is "Not now, we're landing."
    -- Sam Malone

#Saying No #Landing #Closest

• We had an eyeball-to-eyeball agreement at a restaurant before I came back that, if I came back, he would never talk to me that way again or I was simply saying no.
    -- Bill O'Reilly

#Agreement #Way #Saying No

• Attractions are things we all should be good at saying no to, because our Department of Attraction is arguably the least reliable and productive office in our entire brain.
    -- Carolyn Hax

#Office #Brain #Saying No

• Saying "no" has more creative power than ideas, insights and talent combined.
    -- Kevin Ashton

#Ideas #Creative #Saying No

• Every woman knows the art of saying no with the lips and yes with the rest
    -- Marcello Mastroianni

#Art #Saying No #Lips