Superhero quotes

• I don't believe in superheroes but I love Batman movies. There's a part of every person that is entertained by the idealistic, the fantastic.
    -- Aisha Tyler

#Believe #Superhero #Batman Movie

• There's a part of every woman that wants to be some wild seductress or superhero.
    -- Alana de la Garza

#Superhero #Want

• I never really read superhero stuff as a kid.
    -- Alison Bechdel

#Kids #Superhero #Stuff

• Sometimes superheroes are born, sometimes they are made. Sometimes they make themselves. Sometimes all it takes is will.
    -- Anne Ursu

#Superhero #Sometimes #Born

• I would love to be a superhero.
    -- Anthony Mackie

#Superhero

• How can you go wrong with playing around on a superhero show? Just the way that they do things and watching them do their thing was amazing to me. Also, superheroes are awesome!
    -- Bex Taylor-Klaus

#Superhero #Way #Shows

• There's no such thing as a superhero, but together we can world in a new direction.
    -- Biz Stone

#Superhero #Together #World

• It's something that was very interesting to me to be a part of and all of them again because of the relationship. Some of the superhero movies are better than others.
    -- Blair Underwood

#Movie #Interesting #Superhero

• I haven't done a great deal of it but this was a chance to do more and bring it to that part of the business and even more so, but the fact that it was a black superhero was really the catalyst to me.
    -- Blair Underwood

#Business #Superhero #Black

• Superheroes allow their capes to hang off their backs; but our Superwomen choose to wrap them around their heads.
    -- Boonaa Mohammed

#Superhero #Capes #Superwoman

• For me, Superman's greatest contribution has never been the superhero part: it's the Clark Kent part - the idea that any of us, in all our ordinariness, can change the world.
    -- Brad Meltzer

#Ideas #Superhero #World

• I always wanted to be a superhero.
    -- Charles Michael Davis

#Superhero #Wanted

• Being a superhero is a lot of fun.
    -- Chris Hemsworth

#Fun #Superhero

• I still can't get over the idea that respectable adults now go to see superhero movies and that such films get reviewed in the 'New Yorker.' Clearly, I am seriously out of step with the times.
    -- Chris Ware

#Ideas #Superhero #Adults

• Superheroes fill a gap in the pop culture psyche, similar to the role of Greek mythology. There isn't really anything else that does the job in modern terms. For me, Batman is the one that can most clearly be taken seriously.
    -- Christopher Nolan

#Jobs #Taken #Superhero

• Everyone knows Spiderman is my favorite superhero of all time. My favorite supervillain? George W. Bush.
    -- Corey Taylor

#Superhero #My Favorite #All Time

• Batman doesn't have any superpowers. He's not superhuman. He's not super. So therefore he can't be a superhero.
    -- Craig Silvey

#Superhero #Superhuman #Superpower

• The reality of loving God is loving him like he's a Superhero who actually saved you from stuff rather than a Santa Claus who merely gave you some stuff.
    -- Criss Jami

#Life #Reality #Superhero

• I always watch superhero movies, and I like the action and the fighting and all the different kinds of powers.
    -- Dakota Goyo

#Fighting #Superhero #Different

• I would like to be in a superhero movie where I do martial arts.
    -- Dakota Goyo

#Art #Superhero #Martial Arts

• The measure of a superhero is always his nemesis.
    -- David Lyons

#Superhero #Nemesis

• I'm a huge, huge comic book fan. I love the superhero movies so much. If I had to be one of the Avengers, I would go with Thor. I would have to. I just think I look the part too much, and I'm a fan of all of them, but Thor would be something that I think I could put on. I think I could make it happen.
    -- Derek Theler

#Book #Thinking #Superhero

• The police officer who puts their life on the line with no superpowers, no X-Ray vision, no super-strength, no ability to fly, and above all no invulnerability to bullets, reveals far greater virtue than Superman—who is only a mere superhero.
    -- Eliezer Yudkowsky

#Superhero #Police #Vision

• My introduction into Marvel world was Comic-Con 2014 where I really had to take a step back and go, 'What have I walked into? What is this place? It's wild, and there's all these crazy rockstars walking around - who are all older than me, which was really weird. I was like, 'I feel too old to be in a superhero movie,' and they're like 10 years older than me.
    -- Evangeline Lilly

#Crazy #Years #Superhero

• We've always been ready for female superheroes. Because women want to be them and men want to do them.
    -- Famke Janssen

#Men #Superhero #Female

• I've never done a superhero movie. It's very nice to you as an actor in several worlds to go and to experiment.
    -- Felicity Jones

#Nice #Superhero #Actors

• No, but I'm really lucky, because I'm not the superhero.
    -- Fisher Stevens

#Superhero #Lucky

• The fundament of a superhero is the guy in tights saving innocent people from bad things. It's amazing how infrequently that seems to happen in superhero comics these days.
    -- Frank Miller

#People #Superhero #Guy

• I kind of do think of myself as a superhero and just flying high, and doing these crazy flips.
    -- Gabby Douglas

#Crazy #Thinking #Superhero

• Most regular superhero books are designed to go on forever; of course, very few of them do, but the point is they are trying to throw mud against the wall and hope it will stick, and most of it slides off.
    -- Garth Ennis

#Wall #Book #Superhero

• The comics I read as a kid were much more influenced by TV and movies. Encountering superheroes as an adult without that kind of childhood sentimentality, it just doesn't allow you, or in my case at least, it wouldn't let me take the characters seriously.
    -- Garth Ennis

#Character #Kids #Superhero

• Unfortunately, we are very poor with PR skills but in serving people- we are superhero.
    -- Ghulam Nabi Azad

#Skills #People #Superhero

• We grew out of the superhero comics, but we still liked comics, so we started putting our own experiences in the stories we were doing for our own amusement.
    -- Gilberto Hernandez

#Artist #Superhero #Stories

• We love our superheroes because they refuse to give up on us. We can analyze them out of existence, kill them, ban them, mock them, and still they return, patiently reminding us of who we are and what we wish we could be.
    -- Grant Morrison

#Giving Up #Superhero #Wish

• We've always known we'd eventually be called upon to open our shirts and save the day, and the superhero was a crude, hopeful attempt to talk about how we all might feel on that day of great power, and great responsibility.
    -- Grant Morrison

#Responsibility #Hopeful #Superhero

• If i could be a superhero, i would be Superman. He can fly, he is strong... even though i'm not that strong
    -- Greyson Chance

#Strong #Superhero #Would Be

• We are the superhero, none of us individually, but all of us together.
    -- Hank Green

#Superhero #Together

• I don't know, I'll probably make the first superhero movie that bombs.
    -- Harvey Weinstein

#Superhero #Bombs #Firsts

• Life hits you hard. But it takes you three seconds to decide if you are a superhero or not. I am.
    -- Hrithik Roshan

#Superhero #Three

• [Director Christopher] Nolan has not only crafted the best Batman movie, but arguably the second-best motion picture superhero narrative (topped only by the linked duo of Superman and Superman II ). For those who thought Spider-Man and X-Men had a lot to offer, wait till you see where this film goes. ... Batman Begins is a strong re-start to a franchise that deserves better than it has often been accorded.
    -- James Berardinelli

#Strong #Men #Superhero

• I look at the Christian Bale movies, the 'Batman' films, and that shows you that superhero movies don't just have to be about men in tights.
    -- James McAvoy

#Christian #Men #Superhero

• There's a Marvel superhero called Black Bolt & his real name is Blackagar Boltagon & that really tells you a lot about superhero comics.
    -- Jamie McKelvie

#Real #Names #Superhero

• It's easy to get caught up in a moment and think, 'Oh, I've been offered some giant studio film or a superhero franchise or some actor wants to meet with me about a project they want to do.' And it's easy to get caught up in a moment because it's flattering. But you can't do a movie because it's flattering.
    -- Jason Reitman

#Thinking #Superhero #Want

• Mark Ruffalo, aka the Incredible Hulk, is the natural gas industry's worst nightmare: a serious, committed activist who is determined to use his star power as a superhero in the hottest movie of the moment to draw attention the environmental and public health risks of fracking.
    -- Jeff Goodell

#Stars #Aka #Superhero

• Well, what did you have for lunch?” I snapped. “Surely that’s not top secret superhero information.” “Steak with mashed potatoes and a side salad,” Striker replied. “And a piece of chocolate cheesecake for dessert.” I gave up on conversation after that. I was too jealous of the cheesecake to continue.
    -- Jennifer Estep

#Jealous #Lunch #Superhero

• Superheroes were born in the minds of people desperate to be rescued.
    -- Jodi Picoult

#People #Superhero #Mind

• Jerry reversed the usual formula of the superhero who goes to another planet. He put the superhero in ordinary, familiar surroundings, instead of the other way around, as was done in most science fiction. That was the first time I can recall that it had ever been done.
    -- Joe Shuster

#Science #Superhero #Usual

• My biggest superhero of writing is Jorge Luis Borges, the Argentine fabulist. He's an amazingly perceptive writer, but also willing to make a joke.
    -- John Hodgman

#Writing #Superhero #Borges

• I'm not gay, and I'm not a superhero
    -- Jon Hamm

#Gay #Superhero

• I love comic books, comic book characters and superheroes.
    -- Jon Huertas

#Book #Character #Superhero

• I like some superhero movies, but I have to say that they all feel the same to me. I've seen them a million times. They're all the same movie.
    -- Jose Padilha

#Superhero #Feels

• I hate first drafts, and it never gets easier. People always wonder what kind of superhero power they'd like to have. I wanted the ability for someone to just open up my brain and take out the entire first draft and lay it down in front of me so I can just focus on the second, third and fourth drafts.
    -- Judy Blume

#Hate #People #Superhero

• Movie studios aren't making too many dramas anymore; they're in the superhero business. Material for television is much, much stronger for actors now.
    -- Julianne Moore

#Drama #Superhero #Stronger

• Spider-Man is a genuine American myth with a dark, primal power ... but it's also got this great superhero, and - hey! - he can fly through the theater at 40 miles an hour. It's got villains, it's got skyscrapers, it's colorful, it's Manhattan. I knew it would be a challenge, but I saw the inherent theatricality in it, and I couldn't resist.
    -- Julie Taymor

#Dark #Men #Superhero

• Let's be realistic - 90% of superheroes are male. Personally, I prefer Superman, Batman and Spider-Man to Wonder Woman. Not that I don't like female superheroes, but watching male superheroes gives me a high.
    -- Kajol

#Men #Giving #Superhero

• Ive always loved the power of stories to transport me to another world, to imagine extraordinary possibilities, to experience things I may not have access to in my regular life - like being a superhero! Also, I would always put on shows for my family and the neighbors; I guess I was an actor before I even knew it.
    -- Kandyse McClure

#Superhero #Stories #Actors

• I'm not that interested in female superheroes.
    -- Kathleen Hanna

#Superhero #Female

• If I were a supervillain, I would end capitalism, racism, sexism, homophobia, transphobia... but I guess that's a little too obvious and not villain-y enough. Because that's actually being a superhero. I would break down poverty with my machete; I would end world hunger.
    -- Kathleen Hanna

#Racism #Superhero #World

• What I like about narrative in general is when there is some incongruity between the form and content. Let's say, mixing up the gothic with a coming-of-age narrative. Telling a love story that's also a monster story. Mixing up superhero tropes with your monster tropes. I like category confusion.
    -- Kelly Link

#Confusion #Superhero #Age

• I get claustrophobic in a harness. I'd be a terrible superhero.
    -- Kelly Macdonald

#Superhero #Harness #Terrible

• I’ve always thought that if comics are a part of pop culture [then] they should reflect pop culture, but a lot of the time comics, superhero comics especially, just feed on themselves. For me, comics should take from every bit of pop culture that they can; they’ve got the same DNA as music and film and TV and fashion and all of these things.
    -- Kieron Gillen

#Fashion #Dna #Superhero

• At one point, I worked up a list of five requirements for a superhero: superpowers, a costume, a code name, a mission, and a milieu. If the character had three out of the five, they were a superhero. But that's just my definition.
    -- Kurt Busiek

#Character #Names #Superhero

• I like superheroes. I like the drama of it, the stirring, larger-than-life aspect.
    -- Kurt Busiek

#Drama #Superhero #Larger Than Life

• I think you just have to appreciate who you are and hopefully they can see what a superhero is about.
    -- Lucy Liu

#Thinking #Appreciate #Superhero

• Sometimes being a brother is even better than being a superhero.
    -- Marc Brown

#Brother #Superhero #Sometimes

• The superhero genre speaks to a vast swath of humanity these days, and studios are in the business of constantly renewing their money-printing licenses. I sense we're nearing a saturation point with some of these icons, where it becomes more about the action figures and Happy Meals than it does the mythological heartbeat of the core ideas.
    -- Mark Frost

#Ideas #Icons #Superhero

• Movies have kind of become a tad bit uninspired, in that the big studio movies are spending more money to chase the big money with all these franchises and superhero movies. Some of them have been great, but some of them are a little tiresome.
    -- Mark Wahlberg

#Superhero #Littles #Kind

• Theres always a need for new superheroes. As society changes, the types of superheroes will probably change as well.
    -- Matt Bomer

#Superhero #Needs #Type

• For me, [John Wheeler] was the last Titan, the only physics superhero still standing.
    -- Max Tegmark

#Superhero #Lasts #Physics

• There's no point in swanning through and being cool as a breeze in every scene. It's not really that interesting. Even if you're a superhero.
    -- Michael Fassbender

#Interesting #Superhero #Scene

• Even if I'm playing a superhero, it has to be steeped in reality.
    -- Michael Fassbender

#Reality #Superhero

• Knowing Chris Bennett's Writing as I do, I expected Only Superhuman to have an imaginative plot and a compelling superheroine in Emry Blair. What I hadn't expected was for the backstory to make so much sense. Usually science is the first causality of superhero stories, tossed aside with the breezy rationalization: 'Hey, it's comics!' Only Superhuman is, to my knowledge, the first hard science superhero story. And the Story is the better for it.
    -- Mike W. Barr

#Writing #Knowing #Superhero

• I'm still waiting for my first big Hollywood paycheck... maybe I'll play a superhero.
    -- Miles Teller

#Play #Waiting #Superhero

• Look. I was a superhero in the '90s. I said so at the time. McCartney, Weller, Townshend, Richards, my first album's better than all their first albums. Even they'd admit that.
    -- Noel Gallagher

#Superhero #Firsts #Albums

• Because you are the superhero fledgling. I’m just your more attractive sidekick. Oh, and the herd of nerds are your dorky minions.
    -- P. C. Cast

#Superhero #Nerd #Sidekicks

• That’s a pretty lame superhero name,” I told him. “Scooby-Doo is already taken,” he said with dignity. “Anything else sounds lame in comparison.
    -- Patricia Briggs

#Taken #Names #Superhero

• Everything we have today that's cool comes from someone wanting more of something they loved in the past. Action figures, videogames, superhero movies, iPods: All are continuations of a love that wanted more.
    -- Patton Oswalt

#Past #Ipods #Superhero

• Your life may be really boring in reality, but online you're a competitive superhero.
    -- Paul Gallant

#Reality #Superhero #May

• Lysley Tenorio is a writer of sly wit and lively invention—these are stories bursting with wonders (from monster movies and leper colonies, to faith-healers and superheroes)—but most wondrous of all is his intimate sense of character. Each story is a confession of love betrayed, told with a mournful, austere tenderness as heartbreaking as it is breathtaking.
    -- Peter Ho Davies

#Character #Love Is #Superhero

• I don’t really like the Hollywood blockbuster bandwagon that exists right now. The industry and the advent of all the technology, has kind of lost its way. It’s become very franchise driven and superhero driven.
    -- Peter Jackson

#Technology #Superhero #Way

• I think superheroes today are like whistle blowers.
    -- Robert Englund

#Thinking #Superhero #Today

• People have called me Superman my whole life. In various sports, that seems to be the common theme. My favorite superhero is actually the Incredible Hulk. He's the only superhero that can't die.
    -- Robert Griffin III

#Sports #People #Superhero

• You create superheroes to take care of problems that can't really be solved another way.
    -- Robert Rodriguez

#Superhero #Care #Way

• As you get older, you realise your parents aren't these superheroes. They're actually people.
    -- Rumer Willis

#People #Parent #Superhero

• I don't necessarily find superheroes in general, for me, that appealing. I'd much prefer to play, if I was to be cast in a superhero film, I'd prefer to play the villain because there's a reason, there's a motive behind their madness.
    -- Ryan Kwanten

#Play #Superhero #Madness

• I'm a world expert on superhero comics. I think maybe only Michael Chabon knows more than me.
    -- Salman Rushdie

#Thinking #Superhero #World

• My first influences were superhero artists.
    -- Scott McCloud

#Artist #Superhero #Firsts

• I think it's very admirable, in a superhero movie, to be able to take a few risks.
    -- Shane Black

#Thinking #Superhero #Risk

• I want to be a superhero. Maybe I'll be a bartending superhero who shakes martinis to save the world.
    -- Shanola Hampton

#Superhero #World #Want

• I have a reputation for doing superheroes, but I like all kinds of writing. In fact, hardly anybody knows this, but I've probably written as many humor stories as superhero stories.
    -- Stan Lee

#Writing #Superhero #Stories

• The thing to me that's fun is trying to make the characters seem believable, or realistic. And it's especially challenging when you're doing fantasy stories, when you're doing superhero types of things.
    -- Stan Lee

#Fun #Character #Superhero

• Superheroes in New York, Give me a break!
    -- Stan Lee

#New York #Giving #Superhero

• The cliché I tried to avoid was I hated "teenage sidekicks." I always figured if I were a superhero, there's no way on God's earth that I'm gonna pal around with some teenager. So my publisher insisted I have a teenager in the series, because they always felt teenagers won't read the books unless there's a teenager in the story; which is nonsense.
    -- Stan Lee

#Teenage #Book #Superhero

• I thought it would be great to do superheroes that have the same kind of life problems that any reader - that anybody could have.
    -- Stan Lee

#Superhero #Would Be #Kind

• I'm as excited as a kid with a new toy to be able to create a unique, exciting, urban superhero for a magazine that I respect as much as VIBE.
    -- Stan Lee

#Kids #Unique #Superhero

• A superhero's catchphrase should be like a really memorable advertising slogan. It sticks in your head and you can't stop humming it. And let's face it, superheroes are just really selling themselves as products.
    -- Stan Lee

#Memorable #Superhero #Faces

• What if I'm not a superhero. What if I'm the bad guy?
    -- Stephenie Meyer

#Guy #Superhero #What If

• I'm always attracted to the vulnerable character more than I am the superhero.
    -- Steve Zahn

#Character #Superhero #Vulnerable

• With meditation, you become a sensitized superhero, completely in control, with endless possibilities at your fingertips.
    -- Tara Stiles

#Meditation #Superhero #Possibility

• I would love to play a superhero. I wish I could be in 'The Avengers,' kicking butt.
    -- Taraji P. Henson

#Play #Superhero #Wish