Fundraising quotes

• The only thing that we know about financial predictions of start-ups is that 100 percent of them are wrong
    -- Brad Feld

#Fundraising #Financial #Predictions

• Chefs, as a whole, say yes to any project, fundraiser, or tasting because they have such a generous spirit.
    -- Charlie Trotter

#Fundraising #Spirit #Chef

• I think what it is is do not depend on the president to get you over the line. Do not depend on the fundraising, on the turnout operation, the president's own popularity, because it's not going to work.
    -- Christopher Michael Cillizza

#Thinking #Fundraising #President

• Everyone wants charities to spend as little as possible on overhead. That's backwards. Overhead is what drives growth. If charities can't grow, they can't solve problems. So overhead is a good thing. And I'm overhead.
    -- Dan Pallotta

#Fundraising #Growth #Charity

• When you prohibit failure, you kill innovation. If you kill innovation in fundraising, you can't raise more revenue. If you can't raise more revenue, you can't grow. And if you can't grow, you can't possibly solve large social problems.
    -- Dan Pallotta

#Motivation #Inspiration #Fundraising

• We aren't upset when Paramount makes a $200 million movie that flops, but if a charity experiments with a $5 million fundraising event that fails, we call in the attorneys. So charities are petrified of trying bold new revenue-generating endeavors and can't develop the powerful learning curves the for-profit sector can.
    -- Dan Pallotta

#Powerful #Curves #Fundraising

• I'm also involved in the rights of the disabled and do some fundraising for that and I thought it would have been a big boost for the campaign but it couldn't be worked out.
    -- David Prowse

#Rights #Fundraising #Campaigns

• Fred Wilson is a legendary VC and the Managing Partner of Union Square Ventures in New York City. At AVC, he writes one of the most popular startup blogs and covers issues from negotiation to hiring to fundraising. He's a machine for dispensing helpful advice and insightful commentary for those in our industry.
    -- Emerson Spartz

#New York #Writing #Fundraising

• Giving opens the way for receiving.
    -- Florence Scovel Shinn

#Fundraising #Giving #Receiving

• Fundraising is a very rich and beautiful activity. It is a confident, joyful and hope-filled expression of ministry. In ministering to each other, each from the riches that he or she possesses, we work together for the full coming of God's Kingdom.
    -- Henri Nouwen

#Beautiful #Expression #Fundraising

• I get a lot of emails from entrepreneurs. The best ones are short, to the point and include some question and/or the product
    -- Jason Calacanis

#Fundraising #Entrepreneur #Email

• I went to art school... but I worked at the Museum of Modern Art. I worked in fundraising at the information membership desk. I ended up, over a period of time, doubling the amount of membership revenue that came in through people entering the museum, so people would ask me to come and work for them.
    -- Jeff Koons

#Art #School #Fundraising

• When I was in office the fundraising was done by the party treasurers.
    -- John Major

#Party #Fundraising #Office

• Almost no one under 60 remembers what fundraising was like before Watergate. Until the 1970s, campaign money was collected by "bagmen," familiar characters from the world of organized crime. As fans of Boardwalk Empire know, a bagman is a political fixer who walked around with stacks of $100 and $1,000 bills. At lower levels, he used brown paper bags. In presidential campaigns, the cash was more likely to be in briefcases. Classier that way.
    -- Jonathan Alter

#Character #Fundraising #Political

• He looked at my lips. I suddenly found myself wanting to lick his. 'Yes,' he replied, his eyes going molten. My breath caught in my throat as he reached out and brushed a strand of hair where it had flown across my cheek. 'I believe we do have unfinished business.' 'Good.' I gulped, suddenly one big mass of tingling body parts that wanted an immediate introduction to all of his body parts. I tried to slam down a mental barrier between his mind and mine, but it did no good. The cheerleaders in my groin were setting up fundraising car washes to finance a field trip to his groin.
    -- Katie MacAlister

#Believe #Eye #Fundraising

• This is pure speculation, but for a period of time, a lot of getting into a party was through fundraising and volunteer work, and Republican women had more time to do that than democratic women, who were out there getting jobs.
    -- Madeleine Albright

#Jobs #Party #Fundraising

• It's an old - and true - cliche that VCs rarely actually say 'no' - more often they say 'maybe', or 'not right now', or 'my partners aren't sure', or 'that's interesting, let me think about it'
    -- Marc Andreessen

#Thinking #Fundraising #Interesting

• We were very focused on becoming profitable from a very early time, which was not true of most companies in the bubble
    -- Marissa Mayer

#Fundraising #Becoming #Company

• Can't spell, can't spot fake Shakespeare, can't tell one wacky foreigner from another: it's increasingly obvious that Barbra is some deep sleeper planted by the Republicans to discredit the very concept of activist celebrities. Poor old Democrats, in thrall to her fundraising: people who need Barbra are the unluckiest people in the world.
    -- Mark Steyn

#Fundraising #People #Fake

• If you can't get an intro to a VC, hang up your cleats now. You're done, GAME OVER
    -- Mark Suster

#Games #Fundraising #Done

• The great gift of human beings is that we have the power of empathy.
    -- Meryl Streep

#Inspirational #Compassion #Fundraising

• I have tried raising money by asking for it, and by not asking for it. I always got more by asking for it.
    -- Millard Fuller

#Fundraising #Asking #Raising Money

• The best thing about giving of ourselves is that what we get is always better than what we give. The reaction is greater than the action.
    -- Orison Swett Marden

#Inspiring #Fundraising #Giving

• "Be Prepared." "Be prepared for what?" "Why, for any old thing."
    -- Robert Baden-Powell

#Fundraising #Old Things #Be Prepared

• There really is a camaraderie among chefs and a willingness to help out whenever we can.
    -- Rocco DiSpirito

#Fundraising #Chef #Helping

• The restaurant chefs in Spain are breaking ground, but in terms of the everyday cooking in Spain I still hear people coming back and saying they were disappointed. I think it's because they're expecting the chef stuff.
    -- Sally Schneider

#Thinking #Fundraising #People

• It's very important to me that people who are actual chefs and other professionals in the culinary world, understand that I'm not, and have never held myself out as being, like a CIA trained chef.
    -- Ted Allen

#Fundraising #People #Important

• Our privacy is starting to be invaded and we can't get anything done. I'm happy with the fundraising but upset we don't have time to talk and meet with people.
    -- Terry Fox

#Fundraising #People #Upset

• In any restaurant of this caliber, the chefs are in the same position, building relationships.
    -- Thomas Keller

#Fundraising #Chef #Building

• Keep the competitive leads warm, get your deal oversubscribed, because until your deal is done, it's just a nice fantasy in your head
    -- Travis Kalanick

#Nice #Fundraising #Done

• Few actions of consequence in the world have been accomplished without passion.
    -- Jerold Panas

#Passion #Fundraising #World

• I personally spend the majority of my time by far on outreach and education and fundraising and administration.
    -- James Balog

#Fundraising #Majority #Administration

• Online fundraising is so important to the Democratic Party.
    -- John Byrne

#Party #Fundraising #Important

• Every politician just has to remember how he got his position in the first place. A young candidate running for Congress or any outsider interested in public office could only achieve his goals by relying on soft power. They could not force anyone to vote for them. They needed to convince their potential voters, they needed to do fundraising, they needed to be attractive candidates.
    -- Joseph Nye

#Running #Fundraising #Goal