Elbows quotes

• I think the best kind of comedy is the least self conscious. I think if you just sort of let the comedy happen without the elbow nudge, did you get it, did you get it. I love straight face comedy or subtle - relatively subtle comedy.
    -- Betty White

#Thinking #Self #Elbows

• If your opponent is at a distance, kick him in the groin. If he gets close, poke him in the eyes, bring up your knee, pop him with an elbow, dig a corkscrew punch to his stomach.
    -- Bruce Lee

#Distance #Eye #Elbows

• Poetry is a street fighter. It has sharp elbows. It can look after itself. Poetry can't be used for manipulation; it's why you never see good poetry in advertising.
    -- David Whyte

#Looks #Elbows #Manipulation

• She stopped and leant her elbows against the parapet of the embankment. He did likewise. There is at times a magic in identity of position; it is one of the things that have suggested to us eternal comradeship.
    -- E. M. Forster

#Magic #Identity #Elbows

• Then I heard someone laugh. I wished I didn't know whose laugh it was, but I knew Will's laugh just like I knew he had a small scar right above his left elbow. You couldn't be reluctantly lust-ridden for someone without noticing stuff about them.
    -- Elizabeth Scott

#Laughing #Lust #Elbows

• Brother Cadfael knew better than to be in a hurry, where souls were concerned. There was plenty of elbow-room in eternity.
    -- Ellis Peters

#Brother #Soul #Elbows

• My elbows are double-jointed, so I can flip them inside out.
    -- Emmanuelle Chriqui

#Elbows #Flip

• Enclosing every thin man, there's a fat man demanding elbow-room.
    -- Evelyn Waugh

#Men #Elbows #Rooms

• I have an elbow that bends the wrong way, and I'd do things like stand in an elevator and the doors would close, and I'd pretend that my arm had got caught in it, and then I'd scream, 'Ow, ow, put it back!'
    -- Geena Davis

#Doors #Way #Elbows

• When he was nearly thirteen, my brother Jem got his arm badly broken at the elbow.
    -- Harper Lee

#Brother #Broken #Elbows

• She was a woman who, between courses, could be graceful with her elbows on the table.
    -- Henry James

#Elbows #Tables

• You have to have sharp elbows if you want to change something.
    -- James Carville

#Elbows #Want

• We played at a club called, the Elbow Room. Don Carlos, the nightclub owner, was very hip and a very important person who made a big impact on my life.
    -- Jim Capaldi

#Impact #Important #Elbows

• I can lick my elbow. I know that's supposed to be impossible, but I can do it!
    -- Kate Voegele

#Elbows #Impossible

• I've been afraid of being Cansrel,' she said aloud to her reflection. 'But I'm not Cansrel.' At her elbow, Musa said blandly, 'Any one of us could have told you that, Lady.' Fire looked at the captain of her guard and laughed, because she wasn't Cansrel- she wasn't anyone but herself. She had no one's path to follow; her path was her own to choose.
    -- Kristin Cashore

#Reflection #Fire #Elbows

• Miles clutched Quinn's elbow. "Don't Panic." "I'm not panicking," Quinn observed, "I'm watching you panic. It's more entertaining .
    -- Lois McMaster Bujold

#Elbows #Panic #Miles

• I'm a solitary sort, I get chaffed by too many elbows.
    -- Louis Bayard

#Elbows #Solitary

• You must find the note, the correct key, for your story. If you find it, everything will work. If you do not, everything will stick out like elbows.
    -- Louis Malle

#Keys #Stories #Elbows

• Yeah, I do all the stuff I can. Let’s be frank, if you are in an action film, you are not in it for the characters, you are in it for the action – the stunts. If they take that away from you, it’s a sad story. Ha ha! I have damaged everything: knees, elbows, ribs. But I’m an old gymnast. I know how to survive.
    -- Mads Mikkelsen

#Character #Elbows #Knees

• One fine day as my mother was putting the bread in the oven, I went up to her and taking her by her flour-smeared elbow I said to her, Mama I want to be a painter.
    -- Marc Chagall

#Mother #Elbows #Want

• In order to represent life on the stage, we must rub elbows with life, live ourselves
    -- Marie Dressler

#Order #Elbows #Stage

• Politics is a contact sport - a question of accepting an elbow or two.
    -- Mark Shields

#Sports #Two #Elbows

• The moral arc of the universe bends at the elbow of justice.
    -- Martin Luther King, Jr.

#Sad #Justice #Elbows

• I know at one point I had bright red hair and I had bracelets from my wrist up to my elbow and I was wearing size 50 pants. I wouldn't wear that today, but I'm not embarrassed about wearing it back then any more.
    -- Mike Shinoda

#Hair #Elbows #Red

• The problem is no longer that with every pair of hands that comes into the world there comes a hungry stomach. Rather it is that, attached to those hands are sharp elbows.
    -- Paul Samuelson

#Hands #Survival #Elbows

• But I still feel I waste a lot of time leaning on my elbow and thinking to myself, 'alright sucker, now what?'
    -- Peter S. Beagle

#Thinking #Waste #Elbows

• But in 2000, the injuries really started to kick in and my elbow gave a lot of problems. At the end of the year I had to take 20 months off before I could come back into the game
    -- Richard Krajicek

#Years #Games #Elbows

• Hunger has always been more or less at my elbow when I played, but now I began to wake up at night to find hunger standing at my bedside, staring at my gauntly.
    -- Richard Wright

#Night #Elbows #Wake Up

• I'm definitely an elbow-room guy.
    -- Ryan Kwanten

#Guy #Rooms #Elbows

• I draw to shock myself out of a too-easy rhythm - I may begin with no conception whatever, an image emerges . I rub it out and begin again, searching for its counterpart. When it appears I invariably find that the thing I draw is at my elbow, it is out of the window, or has been standing at my front door for a long time.
    -- Sean William Scott

#Doors #Long #Elbows

• It (the slider) just rolls off of your index finger and begins it's spin which will take it down and across the plate (hopefully). Just remember not to twist your elbow or wrist. It should be thrown, with the wrist and grip set, just like your fastball, slightly off center - with the same velocity and intensity.
    -- Steve Carlton

#Elbows #Down And #Velocity

• I am a team player - and that is what you need to be an effective point guard. You gotta see the court, you gotta set up the play, and you gotta let others execute for the most part. I don't throw elbows for the sake of throwing elbows, but if somebody throws one at me and it's necessary to respond in kind, I suppose I can if I have to.
    -- Susan Rice

#Team #Player #Elbows

• There is nothing quite as unpleasant as wearing a pair of briefs which have been trailed through a Calcutta courtyard. Nothing, that is, except having one's elbows and knees lacerated by unseen slivers of glass and discarded razor blades.
    -- Tahir Shah

#Glasses #Elbows #Razors

• I don't know my armpit from my elbow in Los Angeles.
    -- Taylor Schilling

#Elbows #Los Angeles #Armpits

• I don't know if I went to the gym, [but] Woody [Harrelson] was 24, and at that point I was like 37, which is when you realize you're no longer 24. So in walked Woody, who was instantly great, but offstage, it was [all] testosterone. We'll arm-wrestle. I still have, like, tendinitis in my elbow.Woody cleaned everybody's clock in everything. Then we got less physical and went to chess, and he whipped our ***** with chess.
    -- Ted Danson

#Elbows #Arms #Chess

• It occured to Starling how much Roden would benefit from an elbow smash in the hinge of his jaw.
    -- Thomas Harris

#Benefits #Elbows #Starlings

• Hana: What on Earth is a 'barbeque'? Hel: A primitive tribal ritual featuring paper plates, elbows, flying insects, encrusted meat, hush puppies, and beer. Hana: I daren't ask what a 'hush puppy' is. Hel: Don't.
    -- Trevanian

#Beer #Flying #Elbows

• I have no trouble with the twelve inches between my elbow and my palm. It's the seven inches between my ears that's bent.
    -- Tug McGraw

#Ears #Elbows #Pitching

• Even if your bosoms are your best asset, deep round-neck or scoop-neck Ts can be too revealing. Offset this flash of gorgeousness by covering up your arms with a little cardi that has sleeves to the elbow.
    -- Twiggy

#Elbows #Arms #Littles

• I kept thinking I would be spending my life up to my elbows in shampoo.
    -- Vidal Sassoon

#Thinking #Elbows #Would Be

• Necessity invented stools, Convenience next suggested elbow-chairs, And luxury the accomplish'd Sofa last.
    -- William Cowper

#Luxury #Elbows #Lasts

• Whenever the clergy were at the elbow of the civil arm, no matter whether they were Catholic or Protestant, persecution was the result.
    -- William Edward Hartpole Lecky

#Catholic #Atheism #Elbows

• Someone is always at my elbow reminding me that I am the granddaughter of slaves. It fails to register depression with me.
    -- Zora Neale Hurston

#Granddaughter #Black #Elbows

• I am double jointed in my elbow. So I can turn it all the way around and then bend it so it looks like it's broken.
    -- Gigi Hadid

#Broken #Looks #Elbows

• We [Elbow] have had some luck with media syncs in film and on TV. We'd love to do a soundtrack with a really cool director.
    -- Guy Garvey

#Media #Luck #Elbows

• The game of basketball is not played with throwing punches, throwing elbows.
    -- Mo Williams

#Basketball #Games #Elbows

• I should like to elbow aside the established pieties and raise my martini glass in salute to the mortal arts of pleasure.
    -- Bob Shacochis

#Art #Glasses #Elbows

• There's a bit less elbow room and latitude to take it somewhere else, at least at festivals. In the club you can do whatever you want but at festivals, especially Ultra, nowadays the crowd wants to hear our songs.
    -- A-Trak

#Song #Somewhere Else #Elbows