Heartless quotes

• Laughter springs from the lawless part of our nature.
    -- Agnes Repplier

#Laughter #Spring #Heartless

• Ah! let us love, my Love, for Time is heartless, Be happy while you may!
    -- Alphonse de Lamartine

#Time #Heartless #May

• Without a mythology, faith is impersonal and heartless.
    -- Amos Bronson Alcott

#Heartless #Mythology

• In conclusion, I invite the media to all grow a pair. And if you can't, I will lend you mine.
    -- Amy Poehler

#Media #Heartless #Pairs

• Every time I say something they find hard to hear, they chalk it up to my anger, and never to their own fear.
    -- Ani DiFranco

#Heartless #Chalk

• I hear the birds singing. Listen. I hear them in their cage. The others-all our kind who know of her-they think of her as heartless, but she wasn't heartless. She was only aware of things which I didn't learn till so many decades had passed. She knew secrets that only suffering can teach...
    -- Anne Rice

#Thinking #Bird #Heartless

• Just because I accept you as you are does not mean that I have given up all hope of your improvement.
    -- Ashleigh Brilliant

#Mean #Heartless #Doe

• I have declared war on the rich who prosper on our poverty, the politicians who lie to us with smiling faces, and all the mindless, heartless, robots who protect them and their property.
    -- Assata Shakur

#War #Lying #Heartless

• I was thought to be 'stuck up.' I wasn't. I was just sure of myself. This is and always has been an unforgivable quality to the unsure.
    -- Bette Davis

#Heartless #Quality #Stuck Up

• A lot of warm vulgarity is incomparably preferable to a little bit of pinched niceness
    -- Caitlin Thomas

#Heartless #Littles #Niceness

• What do I haveto help me, without spell or prayer,endure this hour, endless, heartless, anonymous,the death of love?
    -- Carol Ann Duffy

#Prayer #Heartless #Helping

• You know I love you more when you're cold and heartless.
    -- Charlaine Harris

#I Love You More #Heartless #Cold

• The family is a haven in a heartless world.
    -- Christopher Lasch

#Family #Heartless #World

• Accursed, blasted, heartless things [books]! Full of empty promises, full of false lures, always making you hungry, never satisfying you, never!
    -- Cornelia Funke

#Book #Heartless #Promise

• Did you forget? I'm a heartless wretch!
    -- Davy Jones

#Heartless #Forget

• For a brief, weird minute I felt like Dorothy in Oz, walking down the street with Terric the doubtful, Shame the brainless, and heartless Zay.
    -- Devon Monk

#Heartless #Shame #Minutes

• Travelling, one accepts everything; indignation stays at home. One looks, one listens, one is roused to enthusiasm by the most dreadful things because they are new. Good travellers are heartless.
    -- Elias Canetti

#Home #Heartless #Looks

• I only stayed because you turned the lights out.
    -- Elisabeth Bennington

#Light #Heartless

• Those who are heartless, once cared too much.
    -- Frank Ocean

#Heartless #Too Much

• I never justify, sustain, or in any way or to any extent uphold this cruel, heartless, aimless unnecessary war.
    -- Franklin Pierce

#War #Heartless #Way

• All alike, you men. You only want the satisfaction of being through with us first, that's all. So far I've had the good fortune of beating you to it. So I am heartless.
    -- Greta Garbo

#Men #Heartless #Want

• You must try, the voice said, to become colder. I understood at once. It's like the bodies of gods: cast in bronze, braced in stone. Only something heartless could bear the full weight.
    -- Jane Hirshfield

#Voice #Heartless #Trying

• A fashionable wife! Oh! Never will I be anything so heartless! I have pictured for myself a far higher destiny than this. - Will it ever be more than a picture?
    -- Jane Welsh Carlyle

#Destiny #Wife #Heartless

• All of the incessant debate about development assistance, and whether the rich are doing enough to help the poor, actually concerns less than 1% of rich world income. The effort required of the rich is indeed so slight that to do less is to announce brazenly to a large part of the world: 'You count for nothing.' We should not be surprised, then, if in later years the rich reap the whirlwind of that heartless response.
    -- Jeffrey Sachs

#Years #Effort #Heartless

• You may not be able to change the world, but at least you can embarrass the guilty.
    -- Jessica Mitford

#Change #Heartless #World

• People can be so heartless and dirty.
    -- Jim Goad

#Dirty #People #Heartless

• What the real world of 1941 needed most was the release and relief provided by laughter.
    -- Joseph Barbera

#Laughter #Real #Heartless

• After more than 700 hours of studying this subject, and thoroughly investigating its foundation, I have come to the conclusion that the resurrection of Jesus Christ is one of the most wicked, vicious, heartless hoaxes ever foisted upon the minds of men, or it is the most fantastic fact of history
    -- Josh McDowell

#Jesus #Men #Heartless

• I couldn't give a rat's tutu about your emotional distress
    -- Judy Sheindlin

#Emotional #Giving #Heartless

• Show me a frigid woman and, nine times out of ten, I'll show you a little man.
    -- Julie Burchill

#Women #Heartless #Littles

• Women who pay their own rent don't have to be nice.
    -- Katherine Dunn

#Nice #Heartless #Pay

• Perhaps this is just punishment for those who have been heartless, to understand only when nothing can be undone.
    -- Khaled Hosseini

#Punishment #Heartless #Undone

• Never slam a car door. According to the Westchester elite, it's a heinous crime, as heartless as kicking a puppy.
    -- Lisi Harrison

#Doors #Car #Heartless

• Laughter is regional: a smile extends over the whole face.
    -- Malcolm De Chazal

#Smile #Laughter #Heartless

• Consider it: Who but God could have dreamed a tale so absurd and so heartless?
    -- Mark Slouka

#Heartless #Absurd #Tales

• Capital requires protection, as do the institutions through which it operates. As capital expands its operations, the state that is associated with its protection must develop its capacity for autocratic control. Thus, the "Free World" increasingly resembles a dreary string of heartless police states.
    -- Michael Parenti

#Heartless #Police #World

• Not all of our heartless plans work as we intend; nor do all of our good intentions. We are where we are, and we can rarely predict where we will go, no matter how firm our beliefs.
    -- Michelle Sagara

#Heartless #Matter #Belief

• My feeling is that for years now it has taken a much too big part in how women are being visually defined today. Heartless retouching should not be the chosen tool to represent women in the beginning of this century.
    -- Peter Lindbergh

#Taken #Years #Heartless

• The worship of the golden calf of old has found a new and heartless image in the cult of money and the dictatorship of an economy which is faceless and lacking any truly human goal.
    -- Pope Francis

#Goal #Heartless #Golden

• We think in youth that our bodies are identical to ourselves and have the same interests, but discover later in life that they are heartless companions who have been accidentally yoked with us, and who are as likely as not, in our extreme sickness or old age, to treat us with less mercy than we would have received at the hands of the worst bandits.
    -- Rebecca West

#Thinking #Hands #Heartless

• Does anyone remember laughter?
    -- Robert Plant

#Laughter #Heartless #Doe

• What worries me the most is that most men are so weak. Because of that they act like they don't care and like machos - because they are too fragile inside. They're scared of confrontation and afraid of so many things.
    -- Salma Hayek

#Men #Worry #Heartless

• I don't need anyone to rectify my existence. The most profound relationship we will ever have is the one with ourselves.
    -- Shirley MacLaine

#Single #Profound #Heartless

• I think that's one of the most important gifts we have in television - the ability to heal through laughter.
    -- Soleil Moon Frye

#Laughter #Thinking #Heartless

• When women are angry at men, they call them heartless. When men are angry at women, they call them crazy.
    -- Susanna Kaysen

#Crazy #Men #Heartless

• I have been the victim of heartless malice.
    -- Taylor Caldwell

#Heartless #Victim #Malice

• Today's workplace has become heartless and soulless. Employees are seen as units of labour, automatons, functionaries, objects for achieving designated tasks, and as costs to be minimised.
    -- Tim Field

#Bullying #Heartless #Cost

• I just wondered what a thing it would be...if overnight everything you owe anything to, justice, or love, had really gone away. Free. It would be...heartless terror. Yes. Terrible, and... Very great. To shed your skin, every old skin, one by one and then walk away, unemcumbered, into the morning.
    -- Tony Kushner

#Morning #Justice #Heartless

• Whether *****s's feel me or not regardless style heartless foul Spit in front of the hardest crowds If They start booing I'm sticking fans Artest style
    -- Vakill

#Heartless #Style #Crowds

• If you love someone who is ruining his or her life because of faulty thinking, and you don't do anything about it because you are afraid of what others might think, it would seem that rather than being loving, you are in fact being heartless.
    -- William Wilberforce

#Thinking #Loving You #Heartless

• The truth is we are all caught in a great economic system which is heartless.
    -- Woodrow Wilson

#Heartless #Truth Is #Economic

• I believe that laughter is a language of God and that we can all live happily ever laughter.
    -- Yakov Smirnoff

#Laughter #Believe #Heartless

• The problem with certainty is that sometimes it can sound cold and heartless, although it is the most compassionate and supportive answer.
    -- Yehuda Berg

#Heartless #Supportive #Sound

• Even the most innocent person, when cornered, is capable of a heartless crime.
    -- Yiyun Li

#Heartless #Innocent #Crime

• I made a tin man costume with tin foil and furnace parts because I thought it would help me be more heartless.
    -- Marcel Dzama

#Men #Heartless #Tin

• Heartless though it may seem to some, among the least harmful things to eat are sustainably culled wild animals. In the absence of natural predators, deer populations in parts of Britain have reached such dense numbers that the woodlands they browse fail to regenerate.
    -- Tristram Stuart

#Animal #Numbers #Heartless

• On the silver screen, capitalists are usually vilified as greedy and heartless, while statists of every stripe are depicted as selfless, romantic idealists who only want to help people.
    -- Lawrence Reed

#People #Heartless #Stripes