Bakers quotes

• The one we keep pitching and there are no takers is The Fabulous Baker Boys Go To Hawaii. There don't seem to be any takers on that one!
    -- Beau Bridges

#Boys #Bakers #Hawaii

• I have noticed bakers with swelled hands, and painful, too; in fact the hands of all such workers become much thickened by the constant pressure of kneading the dough.
    -- Bernardino Ramazzini

#Health #Hands #Bakers

• You could live without the opera singer, but not without the services of the baker. On this ground you might say that the baker performs a greater service; but no lover of music would agree.
    -- Bertrand Russell

#Music #Bakers #Opera

• Kyle Baker's work is really funny, but it's also got a very clear vision
    -- Bill Sienkiewicz

#Vision #Bakers #Clear Vision

• No matter what the recipe, any baker can do wonders in the kitchen with some good ingredients and an upbeat attitude!
    -- Buddy Valastro

#Attitude #Kitchen #Bakers

• In those days Mr. Sherlock Holmes was still living in Baker Street and the Bastables were looking for treasure in the Lewisham Road.
    -- C. S. Lewis

#Bakers #Treasure #Holmes

• Bakers of bread rolls and pastry cooks will not buy grain before eleven o'clock in winter and noon in summer.
    -- Cardinal Richelieu

#Summer #Winter #Bakers

• Gerry Mulligan and Chet Baker seemed so sophisticated and bad. I wanted to be like that.
    -- Carla Bley

#Bakers #Sophisticated #Mulligans

• I don't think they'd ever make a movie about Chuck Baker but I'd love to play Chuck Baker
    -- Cillian Murphy

#Thinking #Play #Bakers

• My opponent called me a cream puff. Well, I rushed out and got the baker's union to endorse me.
    -- Clay Pell

#Voting #Bakers #Puff

• I don't think I've ever been accused of being faddish. I'm more Marks & Spencer than Ted Baker.
    -- David Miliband

#Thinking #Bakers #Mark

• The wheat bought by a farmer to sow is comparatively a fixed capital to the wheat purchased by a baker to make into loaves.
    -- David Ricardo

#Bakers #Wheat #Fixed

• Pattycake, pattycake, baker's man; good morning, madam, I'm a psychiatrist
    -- Eric Idle

#Morning #Men #Bakers

• The muse of music isn't just from Greek mythology, but living in people like the Beatles, Chuck Berry, Anita Baker, Aretha Franklin.
    -- Ernie Isley

#People #Greek #Bakers

• A comedy isn't about being funny," said Mrs. Baker. "We talked about this before." "A comedy is about character who dare to know that they may choose a happy ending after all. That's how I know." "Suppose you can't see it?" "That's the daring part," said Mrs. Baker.
    -- Gary D. Schmidt

#Character #Bakers #May

• I handed the test in five minutes before the end of the day. Mrs. Baker took it calmly, then reached into her bottom drawer for an enormous red pen with a wide felt tip. "Stand here and we'll see how you've done," she said, which is sort of like a dentist handing you a mirror and saying, "Sit here and watch while I drill a hole in your tooth.
    -- Gary D. Schmidt

#Mirrors #The End Of The Day #Bakers

• Me writing about tennis is like a baker baking bread.
    -- Ion Tiriac

#Writing #Tennis #Bakers

• We need more fruitcakes in this world and less bakers! We need people that care! I'm mad as hell! And I don't want to take it anymore!
    -- Jimmy Buffett

#People #Mad #Bakers

• Republican secretaries of state from Kissinger to Baker, Powell to Rice, President Bush, 71 United States Senators all supported President Obama's new START treaty, but not Mitt Romney.
    -- John F. Kerry

#President #United States #Bakers

• I have a treasure trove of Baker memories, all of which reinforce my sense of Howard Baker as one of the most decent people with whom I have worked. While I was simply a young staffer, he never treated me or my colleagues as anything else but equals.
    -- John Yarmuth

#Memories #People #Bakers

• I was moved no end by the work of LaVern Baker.
    -- Johnnie Ray

#Bakers #Ends #Moved

• I'd love to own a bakery at some point. My grandmother could help me run it - she is an amazing baker! I'd also love to do a cookbook.
    -- Jordin Sparks

#Running #Grandmother #Bakers

• I live in a beautiful part of the world - western New Hampshire along the Baker River - and my family and I spend a lot of time outdoors.
    -- Joseph Monninger

#Beautiful #Rivers #Bakers

• Don't ask me who my favourite monster was because I'm sick of saying Tom Baker.
    -- Lalla Ward

#Sick #Monsters #Bakers

• Ryan Baker sustained a penalty of play, and we withheld him from play today based on the rules violation.
    -- Les Miles

#Lsu #Play #Bakers

• ...We have seven people who knew the skewers were there: the wedding planner, the reception hall manager, the dressmaker, the florist, the veil-maker, the cake-maker, and the caterer. I haven't ruled out the butcher, the baker, and the candlestick maker, either.
    -- Linda Howard

#Cake #People #Bakers

• My mom was a great cook and great baker all her life.
    -- Mandy Patinkin

#Mom #Bakers #My Mom

• Never tell anyone to be careful, never ask what that noise was, and for the love of God, never, ever say that you'll be right back." —Evelyn Baker
    -- Mira Grant

#Noise #Bakers #God Love

• I'm not a baker so I'm not about to sugar coat it for you.
    -- Shelly Crane

#Sugar #Bakers #Coats

• You're a painter. You're a baker. You like to sleep with the windows open. You never take sugar in your tea. And you always double-knot your shoelaces.
    -- Suzanne Collins

#Sleep #Tea #Bakers

• There are dumb actors. But there are dumb politicians and dumb bakers.
    -- Tim Robbins

#Dumb #Actors #Bakers

• Somehow the silence seemed to connect us in a way like words never could. - Julianna Baker
    -- Wendelin Van Draanen

#Silence #Way #Bakers

• I spent a year in Professor Baker's famous class at Harvard. There, too, I learned some things that were useful to me-particularly what not to do. Not to take ten lines, for instance, to say something that can be said in one line.
    -- Eugene O'Neill

#Years #Class #Bakers

• I don't have a very good relationship with baking. I do bake sometimes, but my natural instinct is to just do what feels right a lot, and that's what you're not supposed to do in baking. I'm not a good baker.
    -- Thu Tran

#Good Relationship #Bakers #Natural Instinct